As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] The Village of Phalla - Day 6 - Village Victory!

ArdorArdor Registered User regular
edited March 2014 in Critical Failures
Welcome to the Village of Phalla!

This is the story of the Village of Phalla. Back centuries ago in a rural town out in the countryside, was a small village. The village itself was self-sustaining and far from any large cities, in lands seen as harsh living with fair weather at best. The city itself was unremarkable. It wasn't on any major roads and kept to itself. Several generations of families have lived here and if needed, would send someone to a nearby city for anything they could not gather, find or create themselves.

The city had always passed down the legend of the Werewolf. Werewolves had been what city folk might use to scare their kids into eating their vegetables, or perhaps to keep them in line with better behavior. In the Village of Phalla, the Werewolf was considered a mythical creature known to show up once every generation when the full moon was present for an extended period of time.

The full moon had just started and Mayor Bandwagon was relaxing on his porch for the evening. With a pipe in one hand and hard drink in the other, this was shaping up to be a nice, fine evening. The full moon never bothered him. There was a Werewolf sighting nearly 50 years ago when he was just born, so he would likely never see or hear of one during his lifetime. Plus, they are mere sightings anyways.

As he was slowly drifting off, he noticed a large dog not far from his house. He appeared to unkept, but that's standard for one of Infidel's dogs. He must've stopped on by since Mayor Bandwagon usually gives the dogs some food. However, it was late at night and he had no intention of getting up, so he smiled, and began to close his eyes. As if in a dream, it looked like the dog had actually started growing and getting closer. "That's odd." He thought. Since when did the General store start giving me the weird stuff to put in my pipe?

Before he could finish that thought, the Dog was upon him. For the last few seconds he had before his mind started screaming along with his body, he realized that this was no dog, it was a Werewolf!

The news traveled quickly. Folks lined up to give their last respects to the Mayor, while quietly figuring out how they would protect themselves from this danger. The Sheriff had realized that they were probably multiple werewolves out there. The Full moon was to last 10 days, so they would have to survive that long before the threat would pass. The cities are too far away to make the trip in a single night, and who knows what'll happen while on the road?

10 days would be long, and if not well protected, the village might just die off during this extended full moon period. They would have to go on the offensive. However, legend has it that the Werewolves can look like anyone else during the day, while at night, they are unmistakably a werewolf. As suspicion peaked, the villagers began to start fearing their neighbors and making accusations.

Before long, the Sheriff came out, armed, and told the village they needed to gather together, and kill the werewolves before they eliminate everyone in town!

This is a basic Mafia game.

The roles:

Villagers! - Your goal this game is to eliminate all of the Werewolves before they are equal or greater in number than you! Defy these mythical creatures and kill them dead! You must eliminate all of the werewolves to win the game.

Werewolves - Through whatever well you drank out of, or strange book you read, you became a Werewolf and you're goal is to eliminate the villagers until your numbers are equal or greater than them. If hat happens, you win!

The rules:

Each day will end at 9pm CDT. During each day, you may vote in red for a player to be eliminated from the game. The player with the most votes will be killed that day, in hopes that it will reduce the number of werewolves. In the case of a tie, all players with the most votes will be killed that night.

Special Roles:

Village Sheriff: Armed with a gun, this player may send a PM to me each day, to shoot someone each night.

Village Doctor: This player is allowed to protect another player by providing them with medicine and first aid. The player who is treated by the Doctor each night cannot be killed by the Sheriff or Werewolves. The vote can kill them though. They cannot target themselves two days in a row.

Village Detective: This player is allowed to investigate one player each day and they will be told if the player is a villager, werewolf, Village Sheriff or Village Doctor.

Order of Operations:

Red Vote -> Doctor -> Sheriff -> Werewolves -> Detective

Each day will end at 9pm CDT.

Please Sign Up! if you are interested in playing! Anyone is able to participate!

Player List:

1) MegaFrost - Villager killed by Werewolves
2) Gizzy the Werewolf - Killed by the Village
3) Iron Weasel
4) jdarksun
5) Mill the Werewolf - Shot by the Sheriff
6) Bedlam
7) vertroue - Villager killed by the Werewolves
8) lonelyahava - Villager killed by the Sheriff
9) discrider
10) Mikey CTS - Villager shot by the Sheriff
11) vagrant_winds - Villager killed by a Tie Vote
12) Preda - Villager killed by the Village
13) Assuran
14) TheRoadVirus - Villager killed by a Tie Vote
15) Zombie Hero - Villager killed by the Sheriff
16) Zonugal
17) JPants
18) Silas Brown - Villaged killed by Werewolves.
19) Auralynx
20) Invictus the Werewolf - Killed by the Village

Reserve List:
1) The Anonymous (He's here because I'm an idiot and somehow missed his sign-up)
2) Rawkking Goodguy
3) kime

Inactivity - If a player fails to vote 2 days in a row, they will be eliminated from the game. I will send out a PM to each player that fails to vote during any given day.

Narrations:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5[url][/url]

Ardor on

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    sleepy

• Options
    too tired to read OP, will read later

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    This guy.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I assure you that the T-shirt I have, which has a wolf on it, has no bearing on my alignment.

• Options
    oh right @TheRoadVirus wanted to be informed of new games

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Well what about me, he roped me into this!

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    ahhhhhwooooooooooooooo

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    THIS IS THE COLOUUR OF INACTIVITY

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Get off my lawn you kids!

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am annexing your lawn and declaring it a territory under my control.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Like hell you are! Where's my beating cane?

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The werewolves took it.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Sorry man, it was the ideal size for playing fetch with them.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Fetch!

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Speaking of vanilla

I had some vanilla ice cream before it got frozen, because I wanted to eat it before it was cool

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular

But you can drop me to reserve if you get more than enough players.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »
    oh right @TheRoadVirus wanted to be informed of new games

IN THE COMING FIRESTORM YOU WILL BE SPARED

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    sign

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So, I'll ask the question on everyone's mind.

Are these werewolves the sexy ones from the Twilight stories or the ugly ones from well basically everything else?

This is important.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Is there a maximum for participants in this game?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    We have a class limit of one (1) Invictus.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Sign me up!

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »

Not really. As a mini, it probably shouldn't have more than 25 players.

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »

Not really. As a mini, it probably shouldn't have more than 25 players.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    It's been a long ass time.

sign me up

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So, I'll ask the question on everyone's mind.

Are these werewolves the sexy ones from the Twilight stories or the ugly ones from well basically everything else?

This is important.

Maybe they're the trenchcoat wearing, katana wielding ones from the oWoD RPGs.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    It's been a while since I've played Phalla and I didn't see anything about this in the OP: are we still able to unvote if we feel we have made a vote in haste?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    of course you can.

just vote multiple times.

the last one before close is counted

• Options
    Once we get 2 more people to join up, or it's the late afternoon, we can get started with what we have then!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Werewolves can look like anyone else, but sexy.

I trust that @TheRoadVirus and @Zonugal have my back on roleplaying sexy teenagers with angst and possible lycanthropy issues?

• Options
    Fiiiiine.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    This one knows nothing of Are Pee.

• Options
    Day 1 - Who to Trust?

The villagers looked to the Sheriff for guidance on what best to do now. The Sheriff looked at each of the, suggesting that they needed to kill the werewolves before they killed off the village. Each night, they needed to decide whom to kill, not being able to distinguish between friend or foe during the day. The Sheriff, besides having a gun, produced a number of silver bullets, which would be used each night to kill the villager whom everyone though was a Werewolf. This way, they wouldn't get a nasty surprise if they used normal bullets on an actual Werewolf.

The Sheriff had only been in town for a mere 10 years. He was a hired gun for many years and came across this town once to chase down a contract. After filling the contract, decided to settle down a bit here. His past was a bit of a mystery, but the village had no doubt he could get the job done and keep order around here. Visitors were rare, but any visitor with less than ideal morals, would typically take advantage of the village. Thus, the need for a Sheriff was established.

"I think I've figured it out!" The Doctor shouted. "I was taking a closer look at Mayor Bandwagon's body and there appears to be 4 Werewolves here!"

The Doctor came from the city. Few ever leave the city upon being trained as much as he had, but the need to ensure the survival of the surrounding areas outweighed the ability to make more money in his mind. He was in his 50's and sought after for plenty of issues, medically related or otherwise. He had never seen a Werewolf before, but at least he was prepared for something like this, thanks to the legends.

Everyone appeared to be calmed down by these two, hoping they would help them discover the Werewolves before they killed too many innocents. Only time would tell if the Village of Phalla would survive this ordeal.

Rules

Each day, please vote in red for a player of your choice. You may vote more than once, but only the last one will count. The player(s) with the highest vote count will be killed that night.

The Sheriff can kill one player each night as long as they live.

The Doctor can protect one person from death each night as long as they live. They cannot save a player who will win the red vote. The Doctor can target any player they wish, including him or herself. However, the Doctor cannot target him or herself two days in a row.

The Detective can target one player each night and find out if they are a villager or a werewolf as long as they live.

The Werewolves will target and kill 1 player each night.

These actions need to be sent to Ardor before the end of each day. Each day ends at 9pm CDT. Day 1 will ends Sunday (tomorrow) night.

Role PMs are being sent out now. If you have clarification questions, please ask in darkorange.

• Options
    All PMs have been sent out.

• Options
    What is the order of operations? For example, if the werewolves kill the sheriff at night, does the sheriff's kill (or the doctor's guard) go through?