As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo 3 - Patch 2.1 right now! Great Rifts! Gems! Seasons now!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    unintentionally

or intentionally so you go buy reaper of soooooouuullllls

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    That actually makes a whole lot of sense.

Basically it sounds like we won't have this problem anymore in a couple weeks

rhylith on
  • Options
    yeah, its the same kind of cycle wow goes through with a pre-expansion balancing patch

some stuff gets weaker to re-balance for the new cap or stuff gets overlooked because it will be moot soonish

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    It feels like an oversight. Why would they not rebalance a tier of items to be level 60?

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    It feels like an oversight. Why would they not rebalance a tier of items to be level 60?

Because in a few weeks, Level 60 will simply be a signpost on your way to 70.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Kinda sucks for anyone who wanted to keep playing but couldn't afford the expansion.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Kinda sucks for anyone who wanted to keep playing but couldn't afford the expansion.

At least they aren't charging monthly AND pricing the expansion at 50 bucks like they are with WoW.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I imagine that all three of those people probably don't particularly care about optimal DPS.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    I put over 100 hours into the game before patch 2.0 and I liked the game a lot but damn it is so much better now. Part of that might be that I absolutely love the changes to wizard, I basically stopped playing my wizard at lvl 56 cause even to survive I had to have 3 defensive skills and basically use the 3 best offensive skills to be able to deal damage because I wasn't using the auction house. Came back after the patch and had so much fun being able to actually use any of the skills that I wanted to without just getting stomped over and over.

Now I am working on getting every class to 60, just have a 22 demon hunter and a 36 monk I need to level then ill be all set for the expansion.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    that 2H change seems

poorly thought out

oh well I guess I'll be able to line the stash with brimstone

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I agree it is not optimal for people like me unlikely to pick up the x-pack any time soon. But then again, I feel if I bought D3 fresh today, I could still get my moneys worth of play out of it and obviously you can hit at least torment-1 with the way things are now.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    So I think my problem with torment on my monk is that I have something like 45k dps and 900k toughness, I became a tank

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I don't think I have found a single piece of jewelry with crit on it

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

Think it may be on legendary jewelry only? My Leoric's has Crit Chance and my Haunt of Vaxo has both Crit Chance and Damage.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    I wonder if wizards can find zunimassa items. I still wear the 2 piece

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

Think it may be on legendary jewelry only? My Leoric's has Crit Chance and my Haunt of Vaxo has both Crit Chance and Damage.

I managed to roll an amulet of dex with 7.5% crit chance

it's possible I think it's just really ridiculously rare now

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I found a tals orb on my witch doctor so there is no reason why you couldn't find zuni's as a wizard

also: crusader looks neat but going by looking over the skills my initial impression is wow they didn't really try to make a new class they just made paladin again

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    yeah it's just another annoying thing on the checklist of stuff I don't like about loot 2.0. how am I supposed to use apoc or nightstalker if nothing has any crit?

Jars on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Anybody got a list of the health/damage percentage increases per difficulty level?

mkc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jars I feel like you're playing nega-loot 2.0

I agree with you that crit is somewhat harder to find, but it still exists. can you craft any of the archon gear? I made myself crit chance/crit dmg/int gloves that way.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Some of you probably care about this.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    oh wow that first crusader passive

also I'm still not sure I quite understand the crusader resource

is it just like a slightly slower generating hatred?

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering more about laws

45 second cd for a 5-second duration (10 with passive) seems a little much, though I guess you do get some absurd bonuses on the active with those runes

and also I found a mace that gives a crusader a random law every 60 seconds, does that mean I can't use that mace if I have a law on my bar? or does that circumvent the 1 active law at a time? or does only one law being active just mean you can have as many passive ones up as you want, but can only activate one at a time?

third one sounds most likely to me now that I think about it otherwise there'd be issues with multiple crusaders

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    laws look like they work exactly the same as mantras in that active means on your bar and you can't even put a second one on your bar period

So that mace probably means that if you have a law on your bar then the mace does nothing OR you can have two passive effects up, one from the law on your bar and one from the mace, but obviously you could only use the active of the one on yoru bar

My guess would be the second, because there is some new monk legendary or set or something that makes a mantra be all mantras right?

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    yeah the Inna's 4-set bonus now gives you the passive effects of all four mantras, regardless of if you have one on the bar or not

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    oh hmm

well however the innas thing works is probably how the mace will work would be my guess

I'm sure somebody has gotten all 4 pieces in the two weeks since 2.0 came out

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    is having magic find still worth it on items, and do paragon levels grant increased gold/magic find still or is that gone now?

edit- nevermind I think it's gone since one of the new paragon perk things is in gold find.

absolutely not worth it

not only can you not stack a whole lot of it, it only works at a fraction of how effective it used to be

I don't know what the numbers are on this, but I'm at about 120% magic find with leftovers from before the patch and pretty much everything that drops is a yellow on my Demon Hunter.

The rest of my characters see primarily blues.

This could potentially be linked to their respective levels, since only my DH is 60.

But until I know for sure, I'm keepin' that magics findz.

Somebody help a lazy man out and show me math formulas that prove this is a dumb idea.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    M.D. wrote: »
    is having magic find still worth it on items, and do paragon levels grant increased gold/magic find still or is that gone now?

edit- nevermind I think it's gone since one of the new paragon perk things is in gold find.

absolutely not worth it

not only can you not stack a whole lot of it, it only works at a fraction of how effective it used to be

I don't know what the numbers are on this, but I'm at about 120% magic find with leftovers from before the patch and pretty much everything that drops is a yellow on my Demon Hunter.

The rest of my characters see primarily blues.

This could potentially be linked to their respective levels, since only my DH is 60.

But until I know for sure, I'm keepin' that magics findz.

Somebody help a lazy man out and show me math formulas that prove this is a dumb idea.

magic find has less effectiveness as you go up rarity levels

like I think they said you only get ~50% of your mf towards rares, and 10% towards legendaries

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Innnnnteresting.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I really love all the + skills dmg and + (cold, fire, arcane, etc) dmg drops

With a few lucky drops you can come up with devastating unconventional builds.

Or really overpower a common skill - I had a +arcane orb helm and two + cold skills items and I was murdering everything with frozen orbs

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    jars I feel like you're playing nega-loot 2.0

I agree with you that crit is somewhat harder to find, but it still exists. can you craft any of the archon gear? I made myself crit chance/crit dmg/int gloves that way.

I have decent legacy gear, and everything that drops in 2.0 is a big step down from it because it's capped at 4 main stats instead of 6.

by the way if you want cash flawless square diamonds are selling for 60k each

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Help I can't stop finding really good amulets. Found a Tal's two days ago that I used, a moonlight ward yesterday that I gave to a fellow adventurer, and now today an even better Tal's

• Options
    oh hey yeah gems are pretty nuts right now all around

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    You should unload any and all crafting mats and gems you might have before the AH closes. It's all going for good money and worthless in RoS.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Wait, are they abandoning the crafting stuff in RoS?

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    ...Surely people are not buying crafting mats for real money, right?

To answer Mori, my understanding is that 60+ will drop marquise or better, and whole new levels of crafting mats.

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Wait, are they abandoning the crafting stuff in RoS?

basically

look at the average recipe for the smith to make level 70 gear, not seeing a lot of demon tears or blue dust or brimstone

unless they made a way to combine existing mats into the new mats like jewel combining

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Current WD:

Doing about 200K damage with +39% bonus to fire skills (and i'm only using fire skills)
    700K toughness with 30% damage reduction thanks to uhkapian serpent

had one death yesterday due to a frozen vortex arcane combo, other than that been able to go through T3 and just firebatting everything to death

Want to complete my fire/fetish build

Got a magefist [+19% fire]
    Got a Warzechian Armbands [+20% fire]

Items on my wishlist:

Cindercoat + 10% fire bonus
    Ammy + 20% Fire bonus - Ideally Ess Of Johan
    Head: + 15% Firebats - Ideally Mask of Jeram / Zuni's
    Boots + 15% Firebats - Ideally Zuni's
    Mojo + 15% Firebats - ideally Uhkapian /Zuni's

1h - Starmetal Kukri

I want to be summoning fetishes constantly, doing huge amounts of firebats damage, and then having those fetishes last so I can build up a huge army of them
    then I can get Big Bad Voodoo, which will increase attack speed, and the starmetal kukri will cause BBV to cool down super quick so I can have it up all the time