Options

Questions about PAX 2014

SolidSnackDriveSolidSnackDrive Registered User new member
I went to PAX prime last year, but only after paying a ton of money for passes off of UsedEverywhere. I would like to avoid doing that this year. I realize these questions are asked a lot but I am still unclear.

1. I know that ticket sale dates vary, but are we notified before it happens?

2. How many tickets can I buy per person. Say I wanted to buy one four day pack for myself and two others for my friends, can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    1. Generally no
    2. Yes. If you go above 5 people your order maybe flagged/canceled because it looks like you're a reseller.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Then how are we expected to buy passes before they sell out? This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the time frame was bigger, but last year they sold out in hours. Is it just luck?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It is persistence and luck.

I thought the limit was reduced to 4.

• Options
    brettpoolbrettpool Registered User regular
    What Zerzhul said, it takes persistence and luck to get passes these days.

And last year the limit was set to 4 sets of passes per person.

PAX Prime 2015 [ ] Pass [ ] Hotel [ ] Flight [cool as a cucumber until after East] HYPE
    Attendee: Prime 12,13,14 East 13
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    You guys are probably right about the limit. I haven't actually purchased passes since Prime '10 so I don't pay too much attention to registration.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    By 4 sets, you mean 4 3/4 day passes?

• Options
    brettpoolbrettpool Registered User regular
    The way I understood the limit, other might know more than me, was each person could purchase 4 sets of passes meaning 4 4-day passes or 4 sets of single day passes so 4- Friday, 4- Saturday, 4- Sunday, and 4- Monday passes.

That's how I understood it, if anyone knows more or corrects me I will edit this post accordingly. :)

PAX Prime 2015 [ ] Pass [ ] Hotel [ ] Flight [cool as a cucumber until after East] HYPE
    Attendee: Prime 12,13,14 East 13
  • Options
    That is correct.

• Options
    Since the FAQ is now up, please direct all questions to there.

This discussion has been closed.