As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WRESTLEMANIA is TODAY Brother

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Man, the idea of a Pro Wrestlers Vs Zombies movie featuring Roddy Piper as the old guy in a nod to They Live is great.

Too bad that thing includes Shane Douglas and the most agile guy featured is a post Team Extreme post overeating post WWE post car crash post addiction post girlfriend beating Matt Hardy.

I know he's not featured, but Facade is in this and he's pretty damn agile. He's in that trailer briefly.

Facade is hella agile.
    He's one of those guys I think could go up a few levels if he were so inclined, but I don't think he takes wrestling that seriously (which is absolutely the sensible way to approach wrestling)

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So the latest Shield Mania match rumor is a 6 man with them facing Kane and the Ascension.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Fuck the Ascension getting a regular match at mania while Cesaro is in the battle royal.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    Fuck the Ascension getting a regular match at mania while Cesaro is in the battle royal.

But if he wins it though? And gives the trophy a giant swing as well?

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Seriously, why the Ascension. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan are RIGHT THERE.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

Pretty sure they'll be in the tag title match. And why would Kane willingly team up with those guys? He was still against them when he came back and despite teaming up with the Authority he never showed signs of forgiving them. Now of course his whole personality change could be related to the kidnapping after Summerslam but he clearly still hates the family.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i have only one reaction to this news
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH[/spoiler[

• Options
    And really, you know Hunter and Vince will want to push the Ascension to the moon when they're finally brought up.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Because allying the Wyatts with any outside force isn't a good idea, let alone the authority.

Also if sitting through an Ascension match means putting off the Shield breakup for even a little longer, bring it on.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Also I'm being selfish because I want Konnor to succeed after cheering for him in Deep South Wrestling back in 2006 and 7 against Jay Bradley.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »

Pretty sure they'll be in the tag title match. And why would Kane willingly team up with those guys? He was still against them when he came back and despite teaming up with the Authority he never showed signs of forgiving them. Now of course his whole personality change could be related to the kidnapping after Summerslam but he clearly still hates the family.

It'd be awesome if Kane was revealed as a sleeper agent for the Wyatts and helped them depose the McMahons and take over.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I don't like the idea of putting any NXTers that aren't on the main roster in a Mania match.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of putting any NXTers that aren't on the main roster in a Mania match.
    I think you've Bo-verlooked someone

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I don't like the idea of putting the Ascension into a Mania match.

There are NXT guys who I'd love to see there, though. Bo Dallas being at the top of the list.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options

But isn't the point of such a big show to showcase as much older and especially newer talent as possible?

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Every time I think about The Ascension I think about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETZfYXIUTo4

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Seriously putting the Ascension with the Shield and Kane is a guaranteed way to give them great exposure and make sure the crowd isn't bored with them on such a grand scale.

It's almost like WWE is remembering how to properly showcase new guys again.

• Options
    yeah but if it turns out the crowd IS bored by the ascension, you've wasted a slot on the most important show of the year, full stop

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

But isn't the point of such a big show to showcase as much older and especially newer talent as possible?

I think they should reward the guys that are on the roster already.

I know old guys come back because it helps sell the show, but adding rookies would seemingly add nothing in terms of buyrates and would just serve to piss off the guys in the locker room that aren't getting a pay day because of it.

• Options
    if you want mania to be a showcase, the battle royale is a perfect way to get a bunch of undercard guys some screentime (miss u, tyson kidd)

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    yeah but if it turns out the crowd IS bored by the ascension, you've wasted a slot on the most important show of the year, full stop

But the point of putting them with those 4 other guys is to make sure the crowd isn't bored. All 6 guys will absolutely bust their ass on that night as well.

• Options
    yeah but at that point you could have a BETTER match with 2 other guys

• Options
    Watching Extreme Rules 2012, man this Cena/Brock package is still so, so great. Say what you will about Brock losing, the whole thing was nearly perfect otherwise.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Seriously putting the Ascension with the Shield and Kane is a guaranteed way to give them great exposure and make sure the crowd isn't bored with them on such a grand scale.

the crowd is already bored with them on a much smaller scale

• Options
    also a match at mania is not going to suddenly make rick viktor a good wrestler

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Kilroy wrote: »

the crowd is already bored with them on a much smaller scale

Not from the shows I've been seeing. The Full Sail crowd is still into them pretty big.

And you can be a not so great wrestler in a tag environment and still do OK. Just ask Rowan.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    what bizarro NXT are you watching

• Options

The one that just aired? I'm watching it now and the crowd certainly isn't crapping on them or even being silent.

• Options
    They're yelling YAH to make fun of o'brian

• Options
    They're yelling YAH to make fun of o'brian

Oh. Well it still seemed like they didn't hate them or anything.

Back to Cena/Brock, I loved Lesnar picking up Charles Robinson with one arm.

• Options

he keeps seeing the shot of the one guy in the crowd with an ascension sign that they make sure the camera finds every match

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    2014-03-13-planning-bryan.jpg

this comic blows goats

Honestly, I do not get the abject hate for
    Botched Spot. He(?)'s a competent artist and calling it Buckley level is pretty kneejerk. This guy draws a diverse range of body types and facial expressions so he's already above CAD on that regard. My only criticism of that one is the last panel was weaker than the buildup. And it's still better editorial on WWE than half the fan columns that get linked on reddit. If anything, I'd say its a comic that needs encouragement, not constant pissing in the guy's face.

Seriously, this isn't close to shitty humor or art. If someone can link to a BETTER wrestling editorial comic for comparison by all means.

You wanna see shitty industry-related comics, guys... I play Magic the Gathering.

• Options
    Also I still don't see how people think Brock's chest sword tattoo looks like a penis.

• Options
    if they were going to call up someone from nxt to tag with kane it should be rusev, because kane has already used him as an enforcer at nxt

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Rusev is still protected, he won't lose on the big stage even if it's his tag partner taking the pin.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Rusev might win the battle royal.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm listening the Steve Austin show with Regal, and Regal says he loved Steamboat-Savage until he talked to Steamboat about the match.... and then they both talk over it.
    What happened there?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Also I still don't see how people think Brock's chest sword tattoo looks like a penis.

How brave of you. Not many people are so open to admit they suffer from penis-blindness.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I'm listening the Steve Austin show with Regal, and Regal says he loved Steamboat-Savage until he talked to Steamboat about the match.... and then they both talk over it.
    What happened there?

You mean why Steamboat doesn't like the match? He felt it was too rehearsed since that was how Savage did things. That's why Randy and DDP had such a great feud in 1997, they both loved to pre-plan the shit out of their matches.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Cade wrote: »
    2014-03-13-planning-bryan.jpg

this comic blows goats

Honestly, I do not get the abject hate for
    Botched Spot. He(?)'s a competent artist and calling it Buckley level is pretty kneejerk. This guy draws a diverse range of body types and facial expressions so he's already above CAD on that regard. My only criticism of that one is the last panel was weaker than the buildup. And it's still better editorial on WWE than half the fan columns that get linked on reddit. If anything, I'd say its a comic that needs encouragement, not constant pissing in the guy's face.

Seriously, this isn't close to shitty humor or art. If someone can link to a BETTER wrestling editorial comic for comparison by all means.

You wanna see shitty industry-related comics, guys... I play Magic the Gathering.

The art's fine. The jokes and observations ate terrible, and they're exactly in line with the average terrible wrestling opinion

This discussion has been closed.