As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pandemic] - Game 13 - Game Over - Blue Flu Holds Out For The Win

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Cherasi is coming next, so we definitely need that cleaned up

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Fortunately the Medic has the card of the city he's in, so he can fly anywhere. Could clear Chennai and Mumbai this turn.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    No?
    Kristmas Kthulhu - Medic; Miami; (4) - St. Petersburg; Mexico City; Riyadh; Tokyo

However, he could do atlanta -> bangkok -> cherasi

• Options
    I keep misreading that, I think because you can just look on the board for the location so I always think we have the card of our location.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    The next 2 cities to get infected will be Johannesburg and Istambul.
    Kristmas Kthulhu could go Mexico city- Wherever he want.

• Options
    Sure, but my peek is still valid for the turn after this one and chennai is getting drawn

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I keep misreading that, I think because you can just look on the board for the location so I always think we have the card of our location.

I'll take it out. Thought the pawns may be hard to spot but they're not, really.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Okay, so the reason Seoul and Chennai weren't infected this turn is because Phyphor drew an Epidemic, and the discard pile was shuffled and put on top, right? Doesn't that mean we have a lot of cities to go through before those do show up?

How does Preda know what the next two cities to be infected will be?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    How does Preda know what the next two cities to be infected will be?

The last 2 Epidemics were only 3 turns apart so the discard pile was pretty small.
    Also, 3 cards are now being drawn every Infector Phase and, with Phyphor seeing the cards that were going to be pulled before the Epidemic, you can work backwards and figure it out.

stever777 on

• Options
    Yeah. 5 cards ended up on top and I peeked the next 2 so that means we know this turns draws exactly plus one of next turns

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Ah, I see. Makes sense, I just wasn't aware of how little time had passed between the two Epidemics. So Iron Weasel won't be able to find a cure for black on his turn even if I get him Riyadh immediately because he won't be able to get to a Research Center. So should I just get to Chennai, treat, and move to Mumbai in preparation for taking care of it on my next turn?

• Options
    Do it. Iron weasel Could Move to Baghdad, than use Special orders to clean Mumbai using you in his turn then move me in baghdad. I'll give him it in my turn, than go toward blue to get cubes or cards, waiting for a jellow.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Preda wrote: »
    Do it. Iron weasel Could Move to Baghdad, than use Special orders to clean Mumbai using you in his turn then move me in baghdad. I'll give him it in my turn, than go toward blue to get cubes or cards, waiting for a jellow.

Head for Essen in particular?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Either Essen or Sant Petersburg. Unless Iron weasel draw a blue, than he become new head for blue cure, since I've no more enough time to get 3 blue cubes and I would have to cure with 5 cards.

• Options
    Move to Mexico City, then discard to fly to Chennai, treat, and move one more into Mumbai.

• Options
    @Iron Weasel - Scientist Turn
    1QJoAuU.png
    Roles, locations, current hand sizes & cards -
    Preda - Field Operative; (7) - Atlanta; London; Khartoum; Johannesburg; Baghdad; "Special Orders" Special (During this turn, the current player may move one other pawn as if it were his own.); "Rapid Vaccine Deployment" Special (Play immediately after a cure is discovered. Remove up to 5 cubes of that disease in connected cities.) - 3 Yellow Cubes
    enlightenedbum - Operations Expert; (5) - Washington; Essen; Bogota; Santiago; "Airlift" Special (Move Any Pawn To Any City.)
    Phyphor‌ - Troubleshooter; (2) - Kinshasa; Seoul
    Kristmas Kthulhu - Medic; (5) - St. Petersburg; Paris; Riyadh; Tokyo; "New Assignment" Special (Any player may discard their current role and select one from the remaining roles.)
    Iron Weasel - Scientist; (5) - New York; Miami; Tehran; Algiers; Karachi
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I don't have any nifty cards, so I'm gonna head to Baghdad and wait for Preda to dump his card on me.

Move to Istanbul
    Clean 2 cubes
    Move to Baghdad

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    You could use others special card (with their agreement)...

• Options
    edited March 2014
    That's a decent move anyway, since someone has to get him a black and ebum might be better off trying to hand off his blues than riyadh

The only problem I can see is that preda needs all of his turns if he's going to cure blue and he can't hand off his black easily

Preda & ebum get 3 turns, the rest of us get 2

Phyphor on
  • Options
    @Preda - Field Operative Turn
    WnwMH29.png
    Preda - Field Operative; (7) - Atlanta; London; Khartoum; Johannesburg; Baghdad; "Special Orders" Special (During this turn, the current player may move one other pawn as if it were his own.); "Rapid Vaccine Deployment" Special (Play immediately after a cure is discovered. Remove up to 5 cubes of that disease in connected cities.) - 3 Yellow Cubes
    enlightenedbum - Operations Expert; (5) - Washington; Essen; Bogota; Santiago; "Airlift" Special (Move Any Pawn To Any City.)
    Kristmas Kthulhu - Medic; (5) - St. Petersburg; Paris; Riyadh; Tokyo; "New Assignment" Special (Any player may discard their current role and select one from the remaining roles.)
    Iron Weasel - Scientist; (7) - Toronto; New York; Miami; Tehran; Algiers; Karachi; Kolkata
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg

• Options
    Well that was a lucky draw

• Options
    Move to London and treat a cube there

Now Iron weasel is the new head for Blue cure. He could airlift to Paris, cure black, get to london and get the third blue there. Repeat next turn at Atlanta and we're good and also just next to Miami to get me the third yellow if I don't drow one.

• Options
    I can just build a research station in Baghdad AND get to Essen to hand off that, while you head towards Kinshasa to get that from Phyphor, possibly via airlift.

• Options
    Excluding the turn I've already taken, everyone has 2 turn left excluding you, that get 3.

My plan would be this: At his turn Iron weasel Airlift himself to Paris, cure, come to London, get my card and go back to Paris.
    At my turn, I move to Atlanta, eventually stopping to treat a cube on the road where is more needed.
    At his turn, Iron Weasel shouttle fly to Atlanta, get the card, cure than go to Miami.
    At my last turn, unless I already draw a Yellow, I'll go to Miami, get the card, go back to Atlanta and cure.

That way, me and Iron Weasel and the airlift are all that's needed to cure. You, Phyphor and Kthulhu are all free to concentrate to keep the world alive while we do that using all the other special.

But if there's a better plan, I'm listening.

• Options
    I think if you moved to Kinshasa instead, we win a turn earlier.

1) You vacate those orders, move to Kinshasa instead.
    2) I fly to Baghdad, build a research station, shuttle to Paris, move to Essen.
    3) Phyphor is airlifted to Kinshasa, gives you yellow, starts treating furiously.
    4) Kristmas treats furiously
    5) IW cures black, shuttle to Paris, goes to Essen, takes Essen.
    6) You cure yellow at Baghdad
    7) I get to Washington and build a research station there somehow.
    8) Treatment
    9) Treatment
    10) IW moves to Paris, shuttles to Washington, takes Washington, cures blue. We win.

It's a turn faster, though we get like three fewer cubes treated.

• Options
    I can just fly to kinshasa, no need to use airlift for me

• Options
    Oh, right, you don't actually spend your card. That makes things even easier then.

• Options
    Ok, that made sense, less treatment but 4 less infection to fight.
    Retract previous moves.
    Move to Kinshasa and treat a cube there.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I think for my turn the best move would be -> ho chi minh -> treat all -> fly to kin -> give card. An outbreak at red would be much worse

I'm not sure how long we have until the next epidemic

Phyphor on
  • Options
    @Preda, you drew Cairo as your first draw.
    You have to discard one card.

• Options
    Huh, I thought both draws happened at the same time before discards

• Options
    Discard Cairo.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Hmm. Looks like you're right again, Phyphor.
    Damn your superior brain!

@Preda, you drew Sydney as your second draw.
    You have to discard one more card.

stever777 on

• Options
    Discard Cairo and Sydney

• Options
    @enlightenedbum - Operations Expert Turn
    WEn0dWc.png
    Iron Weasel - Scientist; (7) - Toronto; New York; Miami; Tehran; Algiers; Karachi; Kolkata
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg

• Options
    Discard Bogota to fly to Baghad
    Build a research station at Baghdad
    Shuttle to Paris
    Move to Essen

• Options
    edited April 2014
    @Phyphor‌ - Troubleshooter Turn
    92BA2JD.png
    enlightenedbum - Operations Expert; (6) - Washington; Essen; Santiago; ; Chennai; Hong Kong; "Airlift" Special (Move Any Pawn To Any City.)
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg

Troubleshooter Infection Card Preview (Placed in upper-left corner) -
    Riyadh; London; Osaka

stever777 on

• Options
    Pfft, all knowledge is in the Datalinks. Everybody knows that

Move to ho chi minh