As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows 8 - Can't RDP when connected to domain

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
edited March 2014 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a windows 8.0 pro 64 bit pc connected to a domain. Win xp and 7 machines can be remoted into just fine on the domain. The win 8 pc can use RDP just fine before joining the domain but cannot RDP after joining. The message generated is as though the destination computer is not on. The Win 8 pc cannot RDP another Win 8 computer on the domain. The 8 pc could not RDP to my win 7 laptop. Remote settings in the windows firewall are managed by group policy.

What changes in the windows firewall and/or group policy are needed to get RDP to work in windows 8 on a domain?

deathnote666 on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Make sure the group policy is actually being applied to handle the firewall.

Go into cmd and run:
    gpresult /SCOPE User /V

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me