As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So apparently The Winter Soldier is a pretty COOL [Superhero Movie]

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    @Tamin re: Secret Warriors
    it was a comic series in which, after SHIELD was disbanded in the aftermath of the Skrull invasion, Nick Fury does some digging and finds evidence that SHIELD was actually just a division of Hydra and that he was working for the bad guys all along, so he assembles teams of powered agents and his old Howling Commando buddies to take down the whole system, and naturally there are lots of shocking revelations and twists and double crosses

And it's badass

That seems

Like kind of an improbable twist

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That's what I get for leaving the tab open while I read other stuff

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    re: Secret Warriors (and Cap 2) stuff
    that's really cool

I didn't know that "SHIELD is Hydra" comes from the comics. That makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing.

and it makes me wish, very hard, that the show characters build a new, clean, SHIELD from the ground up.

Tamin on
  • Options
    it was a comic series in which, after SHIELD was disbanded in the aftermath of the Skrull invasion, Nick Fury does some digging and finds evidence that SHIELD was actually just a division of Hydra and that he was working for the bad guys all along, so he assembles teams of powered agents and his old Howling Commando buddies to take down the whole system, and naturally there are lots of shocking revelations and twists and double crosses

And it's badass

That seems

Well there's more to it than that
    Originally they were all part of the Order of the Shield, which dates back to ancient history, and the current leaders were brought together after WW2 but had internal disputes and split into SHIELD for the allied powers, Hydra for the Nazi remnants and Leviathan for the Soviets, and over the years there was extensive infiltration between and amongst the three

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I remember somebody around here once described Secret Warriors as "like Metal Gear if it made sense".

• Options
    That's not too far off
    And I tend to hear 616 Fury speak in David Hayter's voice anyway

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Everybody read Secret Warriors. Go on, I'll wait here 'til you're done.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    sjsf0vnrbo5u.jpg
    HERC

Schwing!

• Options

Any last words?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

Any last words?

Yes--

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    In other news, Chris Evans said "by no means" is he planning on retiring from acting, he just wants to try to focus a little more on directing.

• Options

Any last words?

Yes--

Too #@*$ bad.

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    In other news, Chris Evans said "by no means" is he planning on retiring from acting, he just wants to try to focus a little more on directing.

That's good

I was worried that if he really didn't want to be acting his performance might be negatively influenced

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Any last words?

Yes--

Too #@*$ bad.

User *$ does not exist

• Options
    hahaha

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    This week's Arrow was balls to the wall awesome. Twist after twist after twist
    I really hope Deathstroke isn't killed off at the end of this season because Slade is such a magnificent dick. Although I guess it'd be easy enough to bring him back of they did "kill" him.

Also, give Roy a costume already!

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Also omg omg I actually managed to snag that Winter Soldier print.

Where?

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So Daredevil and Silver Surfer were the 6th and 8th best selling books last month which is pretty rad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Man, Constantine sounds almost perfect

…things we've learned:

"The pilot takes place in and around New York City (which I don't think has been known about until now).
    When we first find John, we learn he has voluntarily checked himself into a psychiatric clinic. He's haunted by an incident in which he lost a 9-year-old girl to a demon who has dragged her soul to hell. This incident has a significant impact on his life and it's hat is driving him. He checks himself out of the hosptial after six months to find something sinister is afoot in the realm of the supernatural.
    John's a clever wise-ass. His business card reads "Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts," but as he tells his doctor, he should replace "master" with "petty dabbler" because he hates to put on airs. He also doesn't like to talk much about his past; he masks his emotions with wry humor.
    We won't see John in his classic trenchcoat right away, but he gets there.
    An angel – Manny – has been assigned to John to help ease his soul into damnation. John hates angels.
    Liv Parsons, a young woman who works at a rental car facility, gets caught up in John's world when she discovers something is after her. Liv's deceased father, Jasper, knew John and John owes a debt to him.
    Papa Midnite – an imposing Cuban man who can dream the future – is ailing when we first find him. He's doing a lot of cocaine because he has to stay awake.
    Expect to meet "Chaz," John's driver who is a tall, sensitive, quiet type yet is quite knowledgeable about the supernatural himself.
    The pilot is brimming with possessions, ghosts (Liv discovers a way to see the dead) and demons and the story does an adept job at not losing its audience in the mythology. Liv is our conduit to John's world of rituals, pendants, black magic and more and it handles the exposition well.
    The foundation is set for a long-lasting partnership between Liv and John. Now that she's aware of the world beyond ours, she wants to use her knowledge to help others. But is John willing to assist her?"

Bloods End on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Also omg omg I actually managed to snag that Winter Soldier print.

Where?

Mondo, so those things usually sell out within a minute or two.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Found in D&D movies thread:
    oh hey, check out this gravity deleted scene, changes a lot about the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw79smKZB9E

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    I really hope Deathstroke isn't killed off at the end of this season because Slade is such a magnificent dick. Although I guess it'd be easy enough to bring him back of they did "kill" him.

There's a new spoilerific picture making the rounds

DO NOT READ SPOILER UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO BE SPOILED FOR FUTURE EPISODES
    Isabella dressed as Ravager, aka Deathstroke's daughter in the comics.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

Yeah I saw that
    Of course I know who Ravager is!

I don't think she's going to be Slade's daughter. He's not much older than her, and he's previously only mentioned his son Joseph (Jericho).

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

And it's badass

That seems

Well there's more to it than that
    Originally they were all part of the Order of the Shield, which dates back to ancient history, and the current leaders were brought together after WW2 but had internal disputes and split into SHIELD for the allied powers, Hydra for the Nazi remnants and Leviathan for the Soviets, and over the years there was extensive infiltration between and amongst the three
    Hydra split off before WW2. It is the last remnant of the Spear in the East, which fell to darkness. Strucker travelled to the east during WWII and discovered Hydra, before taking over and reforming the organisation.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

Yeah I saw that

I don't think she's going to be Slade's daughter. He's not much older than her, and he's previously only mentioned his son Joseph (Jericho).

I don't remember this. When?

• Options
    @Solar right, thanks, I knew I must have messed part of that up

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I've got to say... so what?

Stark was making weapons at the time, and Banner was intentionally designing the thing as a weapon to begin with. Tony isn't the kind of guy to cut corners or probably even make a mistake on it, so why should this be an issue?

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

Yeah I saw that

Shortly after he met Oliver in the flashbacks.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Yeah I saw that

I'm glad someone else remembered this
    Well, I didn't remember, but after she talked about the sins of the father passing down to the son, I checked and tried to see if Slade had mentioned children of his.

I wonder if maybe that line wasn't referring to Oliver's family, and the Ravager thing is a red herring?

• Options

I've got to say... so what?

Stark was making weapons at the time, and Banner was intentionally designing the thing as a weapon to begin with. Tony isn't the kind of guy to cut corners or probably even make a mistake on it, so why should this be an issue?
    Presumably Tony will likely be part of why the Bomb did what it did instead of just, y'know, exploding, and is partially responsible for Hulk's existence

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Is Banner even angry about being the Hulk anymore?

That's an honest question, it's hard to keep track sometimes.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    But haven't they already gone with the Hulk origin where they were trying to replicate the super soldier serum (again)?

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Yeah I saw that

Well, I didn't remember, but after she talked about the sins of the father passing down to the son, I checked and tried to see if Slade had mentioned children of his.

I wonder if maybe that line wasn't referring to Oliver's family, and the Ravager thing is a red herring?
    I'm calling it's Queen Sr.'s daughter out of wedlock.

Also,
    Slade seems to be Grade A insane at this point. I liked the confession that he tried to just forget about the Island, and let bygones be bygones, but he literally has a hallucination of Shado showing up every 10 minutes telling him to kill Ollie horribly.

I kinda legit feel bad for him now

• Options
    But haven't they already gone with the Hulk origin where they were trying to replicate the super soldier serum (again)?
    Nope. 616 Hulk is still because of the Gamma Bomb.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I found Defenders Vol. 1 (The Iron Fist/Strange team) in the 50% off bin at my LCS.

I am going to sit outside, read and be super happy for the next hour or so.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

Yeah I saw that

I don't think they'll do that because of incest.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

Yeah I saw that

Um
    Maybe I'm misreading, but are you saying that Isabel is Robert Queen's daughter?

Because based on past events, I very much doubt it

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Yeah I saw that

Also,
    Slade seems to be Grade A insane at this point. I liked the confession that he tried to just forget about the Island, and let bygones be bygones, but he literally has a hallucination of Shado showing up every 10 minutes telling him to kill Ollie horribly.

I kinda legit feel bad for him now
    I was thinking that maybe being part of the plan to literally destroy half a city wasn't the only thing Oliver's father was complicit in, and that she might be a victim of that.

As for the second spoiler, I do feel sort of sad about the implication that every single evil, threatening thing Slade has done has been at the behest of a ghost Shado. If they keep the visual hallucinations up, it would be interesting to go back and rewatch the earlier episodes with them in mind.

• Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    I'm back from walking through rain, mud, and snow on a half hour of sleep to go see Captain America. I was worried that my stubbornness to go see it would make me too cranky and grumpy to enjoy it, but it did not, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

This discussion has been closed.