As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starting a business - names and PO boxes

ZifnabZifnab Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
A friend and I are finally getting around to registering the name of the business that we're starting, and we aren't sure what to do with one of the requirements. We have the Fictitious Name registration form filled out, but we have to "advertise [our] intention to file or the filing of an application for registration of fictitious name." What does that mean? Do we have to put a notice in the newspaper? If so, how do we know which newspapers are acceptable? This is in Pennsylvania, in the Pittsburgh area.

Also, what is a fee group for a PO box? I was looking at pricing for them, and it varies by an awful lot of money depending on your fee group, but doesn't explain them. It suggests that I call our local post office to inquire, but that directs me to the 1800 number for USPS, which isn't particularly helpful.

Zifnab on