As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Comic #4 Out Now!

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    No one respects the guitar shred though, they see that and everyone within line of sight has to take a shot.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    xzzy wrote: »
    No one respects the guitar shred though, they see that and everyone within line of sight has to take a shot.

It's because you're hogging all the glory for yourself. The high five is a symbol of friendship, that yes, we can do this together.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    The new engie taunt is the best thing.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Pfft none of the cool kids use piss anymore, it's sentient bread soaked in formaldehyde.

I still use piss, when I'm not farming strange SMG kills.

488W936.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Also fat engie. All the classes need fat variants, need them badly.

Actually I've just now decided that any action game ever made would be made more excellent if all the non-fat characters were so, it'd get me to run through the Uncharted series again I'll tell you that

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

Actually I've just now decided that any action game ever made would be made more excellent if all the non-fat characters were so, it'd get me to run through the Uncharted series again I'll tell you that

Donut Drake best Drake.

488W936.png
  • Options

It's because you're hogging all the glory for yourself. The high five is a symbol of friendship, that yes, we can do this together.

I'm playing that for the fans, man! They need to hear my music!

Valve should put in a taunt to hold a lighter in the air.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

Valve should put in a taunt to hold a lighter in the air.

It'd make sense for the pyro, to be sure.
    Hobnail wrote: »

And put in a skinny heavy to go with them.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Yes

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Speaking of the new engi taunt, I made a dude rage quit this morning.

Wanted to play some more Asteroid, loaded in to a server full of the most juvenile arguing I've come across in a long damn time.

I'm setting up my sentry outside the vault when a scout shoots through the one way door, ignoring me. My sentry is up before he gets to the vault proper and it starts shooting him as soon as he pokes his head out, so he can't steal any cores without immediately dying.

So he runs back over to the door and realizes he can't get out. I'm standing on the other side of the window. He keeps running over to the door, shooting the window, spamming voice prompts, he obviously wants me to get close enough to the door to make it open (I'm not sure if that would have actually let him out or not).

Instead I just sat down in my chair in front of the window and used the "good job" voice prompt a few times. I see "eat a dick" in the chat and the dude disconnects.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I am disgustingly close to paying actual money dollars for that relaxation taunt and also the conga. If you couldn't catch conga like a disease it might put me over

• Options
    So Crash, rewatching the interview part of the stream that you linked, I noticed you mentioned that Hammer is pretty old and buggy. Do you think that if Valve does a push to get more money and support towards map makers that they will think about updating Hammer/making it less buggy and perhaps more accessible/easier to use?

488W936.png
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I heard the new Hammer will be released with Half Life 3 (confirmed).

• Options
    Not really. There's better versions of Hammer out there already, SFM ships with one that has a handful of improvements. But the basic usage is identical and hasn't changed in 15 years.

Basically if there will be any changes, it's going to be for Source 2.

• Options
    Not really. There's better versions of Hammer out there already, SFM ships with one that has a handful of improvements. But the basic usage is identical and hasn't changed in 15 years.

Basically if there will be any changes, it's going to be for Source 2.

Good to know. One of these days I'm going to sit down and attempt to make something in Hammer, and see how far I get. My brain lit up when I heard Crash mention he made maps in Age of Empires as well before he started doing TF2 stuff and it made me remember how much fun I had mucking around with the map editor in AoE2. I know this is a level of complexity over that given the engine differences and the fact that it's 3D, but it's still something I would like to try and do nonetheless.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Source is kind of a dinosaur, almost all other modern game engines are light years ahead of what Valve has. For example, most of them have real time lighting in the editor while all Source games require you to compile the map and load the game to see what everything looks like.

In some ways that makes the new stuff easier because you get better feedback, but Source has the advantage of 15 years worth of documentation floating around on the internet.

• Options
    DR on the pile of stickies was awesome, if he'd been on the ball he could have steered towards that health kit and maybe survive.

• Options
    DR on the pile of stickies was awesome, if he'd been on the ball he could have steered towards that health kit and maybe survive.

He also would have survived if he was using a real knife. DR stickyjumping is one of the most fun things about the DR.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options

He also would have survived if he was using a real knife. DR stickyjumping is one of the most fun things about the DR.

I can't figure out why anyone would use the kunai given any other option. Every single other option lets the spy be more of an effective spy.

I get the attraction of the overheal, but what percentage of the time does that save you once you've been found?

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    TDOT's sig really links the double-post together really well there.

I can't figure out why anyone would use the kunai given any other option. Every single other option lets the spy be more of an effective spy.

I get the attraction of the overheal, but what percentage of the time does that save you once you've been found?

I think the idea is that if you manage to get a backstab without taking damage, you're a 180-HP character trying to flee instead of a 125 HP character trying to flee. There are definitely exchanges that kill 125ers that don't kill 180er, so I would say it makes you more likely to survive whatever retribution comes your way, or whatever chip damage you may suffer on your way to the next stab.

It's not good, but I don't think it's useless. Or, to say the same thing in the context of your question, not a high percentage, but a nonzero percentage.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options

I run the Big Earner, which is a problem because meatshots and rockets one-shot you, but it makes stab-n-cloaks so much easier (which is my usual spy style). I think Star and Jerma just run the Kunai because it's entertaining to watch someone risk life and limb for no particular reason (a la jackass).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

It's almost worth it for those time you get lit on fire, backstab a dude and put out the fire, and then get away scot free while the pyro cusses up a blue streak.

Replace backstab a dude with get a facestab on the pyro and you have Spy Nirvana.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    "Before":
    116B1562C870A95243750C31CE208796830148FB

After:
    878F7333A7DDB866E64941CB9C7C2AB098A791AF

• Options
    Certainly gives it more of a 'factory' look, which is cool.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Not a fan of the stepped fences, how does it look if you bury the uphill fences to be even?

Or maybe make the fence segment in front of the tree a building facade, just to break it up.

Big improvement overall though.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    RIP stupid ass glass cylinder.
    5DD803756EB5A60011DA7E6F8CD14B7B333BEF1B

Also, have I mentioned fuck making round things in Hammer? Because fuck making round things in Hammer.

xzzy: The ground is very uneven between the two sides, so I need something with some thickness do divide it.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options

uJbDWJP.jpg

This image speaks to me.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Clumsy-ass sniper

2014-07-15_00001_zpse84e68e3.jpg

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Probably slipped on his jarate.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Filthy creatures, the lot of 'em.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    That's how we do it in the bush, mate.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    RIP stupid ass glass cylinder.
    5DD803756EB5A60011DA7E6F8CD14B7B333BEF1B

Also, have I mentioned fuck making round things in Hammer? Because fuck making round things in Hammer.

xzzy: The ground is very uneven between the two sides, so I need something with some thickness do divide it.

I kinda liked the tall unexpected cylinder... but as long as it doesn't change my engie first point defense strategy.
    0430AAEBDF578ED41FD00F7A6CAAA7CB3045D0DD

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Someone do something.

I'm bored.

This discussion has been closed.