As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fractions

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Damnit, I really need to just sit down, bite the bullet, and watch Frozen. Unmarked spoilers are starting to show up around here. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Screen-Shot-2014-03-26-at-6.541.jpg

That's in norwegian?

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Nonstop Flurry.

It never stops.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2014
    cooked a couple awesome things yesterday

habanero bbq sauce:

1 apple
    1 medium onion
    8 garlic cloves
    1 cup cider vinegar
    4 oz tomato paste
    3 tbsp dijon mustard
    2 habanero peppers
    salt + pepper
    (optional) brown sugar to taste

chop the apple and onion. sautee in a little oil. when a little browned, throw everything into a blender and zip until smooth. then boil for a while. blend more if needed. the sauce will be a little thick - if you can't stand that then strain off the solids. salt + pepper to taste. you can add a little dry thyme during cooking if you roll that way.

this is a very spicy bbq sauce so use sparingly. it is, however, delicious and healthy

chicken breast that doesn't suck

make a brine out of 2 cups water, 2 tbsp salt 2tbsp brown sugar. soak chicken in it overnight.

the next day take chicken out, rinse, pat dry and put on a wire rack in a 150 degree oven for about an hour

then heat up a pan super-hot. throw a little high-heat oil and the chicken in the pan. you are going for a hard sear on the outside - this will give a grilled flavor that is difficult to otherwise capture on an indoor cooktop. cook until juices run clear

bari-style runner beans

1 lb dry runner beans or dry fava beans
    1 lb ham
    8 cloves garlic
    1 can diced tomatoes
    2 oz olive oil
    1 tsp sage
    1/2 tsp rosemary
    3 oz sherry
    1 tbsp red wine vinegar
    salt + pepper

soak the beans overnight. next day, drain them and boil them in a brine for about an hour - until they are soft.

next day, chop the ham into 1/4 inch cubes or so. in a large pan, sautee the ham in the olive oil until a little browned. chop the garlic and add. cook a couple minutes. add the can of tomatoes, the sage and the rosemary. cook until the sauce reduces and the tomatoes start to break down, then add the wine and vinegar. salt + pepper to tastes. drain the beans and add them, sautéing for a few minutes

grate a little parmesan or romano over the beans when you serve.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Youngest aunt's being monstrous again. Oh, man. Oh, geez.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Jean wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Screen-Shot-2014-03-26-at-6.541.jpg

That's in norwegian?

yep

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    spise her? i hardly even

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    <3 runner beans. House I stay at in NZ has a garden that's loaded with scarlet runner beans. Those things are so delicious.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Just a verily bad, harmful person. But it's still awkward when my mother thinks the wrong sibling died.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    And hung over

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Damnit, I really need to just sit down, bite the bullet, and watch Frozen. Unmarked spoilers are starting to show up around here. :(

Let it go, Let it goo

Spoilers live on the interneeet

Let it go, Let it goo

Watch it or deal with ittttt

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I would, but..

I have hangups over watching movies or TV shows. Mostly it stems from being in the same room as my brother, who doesn't seem to give a damn about anyone else.

I'm sure I'd find another excuse if I was out on my own.

... god damn does that sound awful to type out/say outloud / admit to.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I had just a quick bowl of ramen for breakfast.

Went to a 90 minute workout.

Fucking STARVING.

And this bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeño is very possibly the most delicious thing in the world.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    friend texted me this morning to say his mental episode was over and to thank me for my concern

and last night i ended my dry spell

good fucking weekend

• Options
    Drank too much rum

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    time is

impossible

poo
  • Options
    There were 4 people in the car that dropped me off but i can only remember 1 of them

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    Drank too much rum

Cinders you are not a sailor you can't do that.

I know I am expert.

• Options
    oh god i am going to have to walk to get my car

• Options
    fuck seamen

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Frozen is pretty good, but it has massive story problems, so don't expect a masterpiece.

• Options
    I worked late and then went to bed! #yolo #swag #needmyrest

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I would, but..

I have hangups over watching movies or TV shows. Mostly it stems from being in the same room as my brother, who doesn't seem to give a damn about anyone else.

have you considered watching it on your computer with headphones?

sig.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    and last night i ended my dry spell
    it was raining like whoa

you are an amazing shaman

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    fuck seamen

Yes that is what you're supposed to do with them.

• Options
    There's a middle aged guy on my left and some sort of... Office biker(?) on my right and me with my N7 hoodie. We've all asked multiple questions about the beer.

I love America.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    <3 runner beans. House I stay at in NZ has a garden that's loaded with scarlet runner beans. Those things are so delicious.

when fresh, the pods are generally julienned and then sautéed, which sounds awesome but i've never had.

when dried they're a lot closer to favas or, like, christmas limas. a little husky and earthy, which is why i went for kind of a heavy preparation. i kind of invented it as being something like the flavors of bari-style pasta e fagioli, only without the pasta and not a soup.

anyways sage + garlic + olive oil + beans are a super-winning combo.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    There's a middle aged guy on my left and some sort of... Office biker(?) on my right and me with my N7 hoodie. We've all asked multiple questions about the beer.

I love America.

Pfft. Montreal or London are better. There, the bikers wear pirate hats

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Quid wrote: »

I love America.

Yes, your hoodie.

• Options
  • Options
    Seriously though this guy is wearing flannel, a leather vest, a bandanna... khakis and horn rimmed glasses.

I can't figure out his game here.

• Options
    frankie put on the heat last night

it was way better than i expected. melissa mccarthy nailed the uncouth boston townie cop and sandra bullock, who i normally detest in movies, was an able foil. a lot of the dialog was pretty funny.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    No fair I want baby penguin cuddles :|

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »

when fresh, the pods are generally julienned and then sautéed, which sounds awesome but i've never had.

when dried they're a lot closer to favas or, like, christmas limas. a little husky and earthy, which is why i went for kind of a heavy preparation. i kind of invented it as being something like the flavors of bari-style pasta e fagioli, only without the pasta and not a soup.

anyways sage + garlic + olive oil + beans are a super-winning combo.

Will needs to become the owner chef of a small cafe bar. When this happens I'll buy you all* low class English breakfasts

*subject to reasonable terms, eggs shall be poached and the bacon unsmoked. All should be taken to mean less than 7 people.

• Options
    That being said, I do like smoked bacon.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    frankie put on the heat last night

it was way better than i expected. melissa mccarthy nailed the uncouth boston townie cop and sandra bullock, who i normally detest in movies, was an able foil. a lot of the dialog was pretty funny.

Yeah, I liked that movie.

• Options
    Oh @Shivahn I have no idea what next week's plan is.

• Options
    I would, but..

have you considered watching it on your computer with headphones?

This is what I'd do.

The problem is the lay out of my room. Basically, my brother is playing DOTA behind me, where he can see my screens but I can't see him. Every now and then he'll randomly comment on something I'm watching. It's bad enough that he's arranged things so he looks in my direction when I'm trying to sleep.

Basically, everything about my current living arrangement is designed to flare my anxiety, and my brother yelling obscenities and racist jokes while playing games doesn't help.

Tangently related, I hate doing budgets.. hopefully 1/3 of my paycheck towards rent should work out. Stupid student loans.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    hello chat

how are things

sig.gif
  • Options
    hello chat

how are things

Gettin' drunk before I go watch some biblical allegory.

This discussion has been closed.