As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Our Community will Review [TV] in the Broad City of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Rick and Morty.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    now I'm not going to be able to watch the Flash without equating Grant Gustin to his old role on Glee

I regret nothing

except how much time I spent watching Glee

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    FootballField.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy goooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddd

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    number 24 goes for the game winning tackle, miraculously dives out his chair and grabs onto running backs ankles, gets dragged 50 yards

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Like it isn't already hard enough to cover receivers.

Force fumbles.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah... I had forgotten about that damn scene before we started talking about it here.

THANKS A LOT!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    number 24 goes for the game winning tackle, miraculously dives out his chair and grabs onto running backs ankles, gets dragged 50 yards
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

That makes this whole conversation awesome.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Dr. Christian Troy is such a great character.

He makes Nip/Tuck worth it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Season 3's villain, the Carver, is probably the most scarred I have been of a serial killer on a tv show.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    now I'm not going to be able to watch the Flash without equating Grant Gustin to his old role on Glee

I regret nothing

except how much time I spent watching Glee

Flash fact: I just threw rock salt in your eye!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I'm watching Last Week Tonight episode 3 and holy shit they just did a political attack ad where they just showed "Mitch McConnel"'s dick full frontal for about a solid minute and I am dying

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Season 3's villain, the Carver, is probably the most scarred I have been of a serial killer on a tv show.

For some reason I thought you were talking about Silicon Valley and got super confused.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    what the fuuuuuuuck Penny Dreadful

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I should watch Penny Dreadful huh

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    what the fuuuuuuuck Penny Dreadful
    FATHER

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Btw on the subject of Flash and Glee, the guy playing Barry Allen was in Glee as a kid at a rival school who threw salt in a Glee kid's eyes and the Glee kid ends up in hospital and everyone is crying about it and then the two schools face off in some parking lot singing Michael Jackson's Bad.

I GOT THE RECAP WRONG, IT'S ACTUALLY EVEN BETTER

so Barry Allen's singing group is singing against the Glee kids and they're invited to have an actual "Jackson-off" (because it's the Michael Jackson episode, see), and the two groups sing "Bad" together, and it ends with a slushie being chucked in one of the Glee kids' faces and he falls down screaming MY EYES MY EYYYYYYYYYYYYYES and it turns out there's rock salt in them

and then he ends up in the hospital and there's giant sad about it among the Glee kids, and of course at no stage during this entire affair did anyone call the police, instead the wheelchair kid has a breakdown and he and another Glee kid enter a dream sequence where he stands up and they wear lots of eyeliner and they both dance and sing "Scream", complete with spaceship

and the actual showdown is yet another Glee kid and Barry Allen singing a version of "Smooth Criminal" at each other, which is made about a gajillion times better by the fact that this is accompanied by two cellists sitting in the middle of the room

the entire thing is revealed to be a ruse where Barry Allen's confession was taped on a tape record stuck to the Glee kid's "underboob" (repeated about 6 times in 5 minutes) and was going to be sent to the police but then the salty eyeball Glee kid's boyfriend (also a Glee kid) stands up and says that you can't go looking for payback every time someone wrongs you, even though, you know, his boyfriend is in hospital and blind in one eye for the entire episode

so instead to solve the problem they invite Barry Allen's group to their auditorium and sing "Black and White" at them and all of Barry Allen's group except Barry Allen joins in and now everyone is friends except Barry Allen, who continues to be an asshole until a later episode when a gay kid they all know attempts suicide

All I know is that I remember actually being excited about that episode because the guys from 2Cellos were going to be in it.

I was excited about Glee at one point oh god

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Cosmos isn't even fucking around this time about the dangers of climate change.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Got to episode 3 of Orphan Black

Oh.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Oh hey guys

I finished Breaking Bad

Took me a while because there's no way I could handle watching a lot of it at a time, but man that was an incredible show. I'm... Not sure I was even enjoying it by the end, but it almost feel like that wasn't the point- like it had risen above being merely an entertaining show. I'm glad I watched it and I'd recommend it highly to others.
    I'm SUPER BUMMED that Jesse's girlfriend got killed, though. I wanted him to have a much happier ending than the one he got, after all the crap he went through.

You know what? I'd love the kind of show that Season 1 was at times: mild-mannered dude gets terminal illness and starts ruining the day of horrible dirtbags that he comes across, because he just doesn't care what people think of him anymore.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
  • Options
    It is so weird when the subtitles for a show on Hulu/Netflix match up with an earlier script before someone at the network censored it.

Like this episode of American Dad had a joke about oral sex turn into a joke about foot rubs

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh hey guys

I finished Breaking Bad

Took me a while because there's no way I could handle watching a lot of it at a time, but man that was an incredible show. I'm... Not sure I was even enjoying it by the end, but it almost feel like that wasn't the point- like it had risen above being merely an entertaining show. I'm glad I watched it and I'd recommend it highly to others.
    I'm SUPER BUMMED that Jesse's girlfriend got killed, though. I wanted him to have a much happier ending than the one he got, after all the crap he went through.

You know what? I'd love the kind of show that Season 1 was at times: mild-mannered dude gets terminal illness and starts ruining the day of horrible dirtbags that he comes across, because he just doesn't care what people think of him anymore.
    Falling Down: The Series

Also,
    Fucking Todd.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    So I just realized why HBO's Sunday night lineup is preempted a week, and ... Yeah.

Ryan Murphy telling the story of AIDS in the 80s is surely going to be well-made and worth watching.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Geebs I'm holding you personally responsible for the fact that I now know way too much about Glee.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Huh, now Mad Men got away with an F-bomb. First Louie, now this.

Basic cable is changing!

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Oh jeeeeeeeeeeez, Mad Men

Jeeeeeeeeeez

• Options

Basic cable is changing!

It did?

• Options
    There's an f bomb in season 1 of Mad Men

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Balefuego wrote: »
    There's an f bomb in season 1 of Mad Men

Sort of
    Vincent Kartheiser says it under his breath and pretty obviously drops the actual F sound from the start of the word

Ginsberg definitely said it last season though
    And so did Megan!

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    So, Penny Dreadful
    Sir Malcolm Murray basically meant to be the equivalent of Allan Quatermain, right?

That first half of the possession scene sure sounded like a stylised version of what happened to Quatermain's son.

also Billie Piper's accent in this is so ridiculous.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    D'ya like dags?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Orphan Black
    Rachel is the creepiest at sex

And yet
    strangely arousing.
    Well
    it is Big Dick Paul. None can resist his charm.

Or "charm".

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options

Basic cable is changing!

As I am going through Breaking Bad they have dropped the F-bomb.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Also @Joshmvii, you trying to steal my thunder?

There can only be one Lord Paramount of the Trident running around these parts...

Profile picture chaos is a ladder.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I remember Vince Gilligan saying that the S&P people at AMC only let them have one "fuck" per season of Breaking Bad. It's pretty typical. It's also pretty funny. Like the advertisers realize their viewers delicate sensibilities can handle one utterance of the word per year per show, but never any more. =P

I remember I heard Kurt Sutter say on Sons of Anarchy they substitute "Jesus Christ" for "Motherfuck" and that's why they say it like 100 times an episode.

I can only imagine what Deadwood would've been like if they had to use a substitute for the word fuck, lol.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Guys Sailor Moon is on Hulu.

Awesome.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I remember Vince Gilligan saying that the S&P people at AMC only let them have one "fuck" per season of Breaking Bad. It's pretty typical. It's also pretty funny. Like the advertisers realize their viewers delicate sensibilities can handle one utterance of the word per year per show, but never any more. =P

I remember I heard Kurt Sutter say on Sons of Anarchy they substitute "Jesus Christ" for "Motherfuck" and that's why they say it like 100 times an episode.

I can only imagine what Deadwood would've been like if they had to use a substitute for the word fuck, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY7D6rKjoKM

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Just replace all expletives with mining terminology.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So, Penny Dreadful
    Sir Malcolm Murray basically meant to be the equivalent of Allan Quatermain, right?

That first half of the possession scene sure sounded like a stylised version of what happened to Quatermain's son.

also Billie Piper's accent in this is so ridiculous.
    Sir Malcolm Murray is the father of Mina Murray from Bram Stoker's Dracular

and yes I literally could not tell if Billie Piper was trying to be irish or american

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    New Girl might have my favorite use of product placement with the Ford Fusion.

Just Winston talking about he was once turned on by a car's gas mileage.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    AHHH

What the fuck Ginsberg?

PSN- AHermano
This discussion has been closed.