As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sgt. Superhero Thread: The Spring Spoilers

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    AoS/Cap 2 spoilers
    XzXFQdY.jpg

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Grounded F4
    Sue is just ignored a lot
    Ben takes steroids
    Reed is just lanky
    Johnny has a lighter

It's been done.

Display.jpg

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I really like that logo.

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Not really?

Thor slashed with his axe and knocked Cap backwards, I don't see how Thor's sword being between Cap's legs as he does so fucks with the perspective?

Look at their sizes and thor's arms

They are both in profile and proportional, so they're standing on the same plane

For that sword to be between cap's legs, Thor's right arm would need to be in the middle of caps body

But if they're on the same plane that means his arms are like, in a full spread t-position up and down, but that's not how it looks at all

It's bending my brain trying to make all those things work together

The way it looks to me is that Cap's right leg is aligned with Thor's right arm, so the left leg being in front of the sword works just fine.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Not really?

Thor slashed with his axe and knocked Cap backwards, I don't see how Thor's sword being between Cap's legs as he does so fucks with the perspective?

Look at their sizes and thor's arms

They are both in profile and proportional, so they're standing on the same plane

For that sword to be between cap's legs, Thor's right arm would need to be in the middle of caps body

But if they're on the same plane that means his arms are like, in a full spread t-position up and down, but that's not how it looks at all

It's bending my brain trying to make all those things work together

The way it looks to me is that Cap's right leg is aligned with Thor's right arm, so the left leg being in front of the sword works just fine.

since Thor's weapons contacted in the middle of their arch, Cap has to be in the middle of thor's body

That would mean caps leg-span is similar to Thor's arm-span

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    But Thor isn't only swinging across his body, he's swinging in an upward arch, which would change where his left arm ends up and where the middle of his swing is.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jesus, you fucking people

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I'd say the implications here are that this word is very much not applicable.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Let me describe to you why many of the positions in the kama sutra have poor artistic perspective

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Let me describe to you why many of the positions in the kama sutra have poor artistic perspective

Don't get me started on the Ancient Egyptians. Everybody always in the same damn poses.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    iguanacus wrote: »

Don't get me started on the Ancient Egyptians. Everybody always in the same damn poses.

Well, if they move too quick they fall down like a domino.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Tofu that image itself is a pretty huge spoiler

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    @Blankzilla‌ same for you, that's kind of a massive movie spoiler

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Paolo Rivera is an art wizard.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Tofu that image itself is a pretty huge spoiler

Bah, slipped my mind.

• Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    My chance to see TWS got bumped from Saturday to today.

So excited you guys. I hope there's punching.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Nope. No punching. They just wrestle around a lot. Also, bullets are replaced with lasers.

• Options
    Nope. No punching. They just wrestle around a lot. Also, bullets are replaced with lasers.

And no one ever gets hit with the lasers.

• Options

excuse me the ratings board has specified they hug aggressively, not wrestle

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Also the movie has been retitled to "Captain America: The Warm Snuggler"

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Also the movie has been retitled to "Captain America: The Warm Snuggler"

tumblr_lvedk7ClQg1qmpx83.jpg

• Options
    So apparently Wally West shows up in the FCBD Future's End issue as part of a tease for upcoming storylines. He's not white!
    He's also dead. Although, admittedly, that could, and probably is, just be a fakeout but still HEY HERE"S WALLY AND HE'S A MINORITY AND IS ALSO DEAD as his first appearance is preeeeeetty fucked

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So apparently Wally West shows up in the FCBD Future's End issue as part of a tease for upcoming storylines. He's not white!
    He's also dead. Although, admittedly, that could, and probably is, just be a fakeout but still HEY HERE"S WALLY AND HE'S A MINORITY AND IS ALSO DEAD as his first appearance is preeeeeetty fucked
    We respect and would like to include minorities in our universe

We just don't want to write them, that's crazytalk

• Options
    Oh, I guess it is just part of a batch of previews they put out.

7fqpwje9cbb5.jpg
    Still blows though.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Y'know, I was thinking about why it is hard for me to get excited about any DC books nowadays. I know there are good ones (Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, etc.) but even they don't break the mold that much. Wonder Woman is probably the ballsiest book DC has, taking Diana and turning her title into a straight-up mythological horror/fantasy serial.

But otherwise, even the best stuff is just kinda typical superhero fare. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I love superhero books. But it is really hard to be like YEAH A PRETTY RAD SUPERMAN COMIC THAT DOESN'T TRY ANYTHING NEW when Marvel is busting out stuff like Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye and Secret Avengers and She-Hulk and so on.

Even when it doesn't work for me, like Young Avengers, I at least respect that Marvel is taking chances and trying ballsy stuff. Even with their flagship titles, I mean Avengers has 20 something members and is dealing with metaphysical concepts of fate and death and has a sister title that is basically POWERFUL MEN TALKING AND MAKING BAD DECISIONS.

So, I still like DC's good stuff and might pick up Justice League United but shit Marvel is covering so many different subgenres and different takes on the superhero comic (and even doing great stuff with more typical fare such as All-New X-Factor) it is hard to get pumped for it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    They're working on beating the record for the fastest time between the introduction of the minority side character to the inevitable death of the minority side character.

And yes, in this case Walley is a side character unless he becomes the most active dead guy since Darkest Night

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Huh!

I would be kinda worried but Amazon is usually pretty great with comic prices so good for them!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

...huh.

I mean, that could be good, right? Maybe integrate Comixology directly into Amazon's site, letting you choose between digital/physical copies of comics like they do with music?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Can we expand monopoly laws to include buisness owning businesses all over the place

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    That could definitely be interesting yeah; integrate the web viewer into the Amazon site, get better apps for the Kindle Fire/ etc... very interesting.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Can we expand monopoly laws to include buisness owning businesses all over the place
    Well Comixology already kinda had a monopoly on digital comics

I'm pretty sure even Marvel's app goes through it. Not Unlimited though.

The only holdout was Dark Horse, though I think they might have joined

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

...huh.

I mean, that could be good, right? Maybe integrate Comixology directly into Amazon's site, letting you choose between digital/physical copies of comics like they do with music?

Or maybe even better, follow their AutoRip example and give me a Comixology version of a comic if I buy a physical copy off Amazon.

• Options
    Well Comixology already kinda had a monopoly on digital comics

I'm pretty sure even Marvel's app goes through it. Not Unlimited though.

The only holdout was Dark Horse, though I think they might have joined

Nah, Dark Horse is still doing their own thing.

• Options

That's like

Super vague

Also not really what Monopoly means

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Only if they change the definition of the word.
    We do have businesses practice laws for that.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Huh!

I would be kinda worried but Amazon is usually pretty great with comic prices so good for them!

If this ends up with a program where I buy a digital subscription to a comic and then they send me the TPB when it comes out, I'd spend SO MUCH MONEY.

• Options
    Apparently there was a cut scene in TWS when
    Fury is revealed to be alive. The Russos say it was a "masterclass" in acting between Fury and Widow with Widow suddenly realizing that her life has become so bound in secrets and compartmentalization that when her mentor and close friend let her believe he had died.

The best part? Scarlet Johannson suggested that it be cut. She loved the scene but felt it hurt the pacing and asked the Russos to make the cut.

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.