As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rogue Trader/Recruitment/Skype: DM and Party needed for Skype-Text theme game!

GavinfoxxGavinfoxx Registered User new member
Rogue Trader/Recruitment/Skype: DM and Party needed for Skype-Text theme game!

Hello all. I need both a DM and Players for a text-based Skype game of Rogue Trader (with some bits of the other 40k games mixed into the rules, mostly to broaden the scope of possible skills and equipment, will help provide access to crunch rules if needed).

I've tried to get reliable, persistent, interested people to get this game off the ground before, and it has never worked -- so don't even think of applying if you can't commit to bringing . What I am interested in, is a *theme* game. A game that explores the question of, 'what if a Rogue Trader and his retinue were very forward-thinking, liberal (for 40k), perhaps even radical (along a certain spectrum) idealists? What if they wanted to drag the calixis sector and the koronus expanse into a golden age by doing things that the Imperium could never manage to do? Again, the idea is 'choose a goal or three for how to affect some sort of drastic change of the setting. Do your level best to make that change. Good luck!'

Another interesting theme that I would like to look at is the repercussions of what happens when groups start social engineering projects that change the scope of how the Mechanicum acts in the Expanse by simply getting lots of people who are in the various liberal flavors of Mechanicum subcults to be the ones seeding all the colonies the group sets up; if suddenly the entire scope of the arguments of a budding research/proto-forge world shifts to the left, than huge things change in how they behave in general... And what are the repercussiosn or start introducing and selling not technically heretical but very disruptive technologies, often disarmingly low-tech solutions to problems, that someone can make a mint on because no one else is doing it?

Anyway, I'm more interested in a non combat based game, with primarily a scope of social, management of resources, and 'project' based. This game, is a 'theme' game. What this means is that we have a basic overarching story that we want to tell with this group, and it isn't just, 'make a standard explorator and jump in'. The short of it is that the Rogue Trader has been collecting Idealistic Radicals who have a plan (or at least a dream -- but an idea that is plausible is a good start) to go to a place where they can conceivably break some rules, in order to achieve the goals of making money, doing something to reduce the amount of stagnation in their corner of the Imperium, and improve the lives of some group of people that the Imperium doesn't seem to care about. A real sort of group of types that want to do well by doing good, as it were. I am not as much interested in fighting the *traditional* rogue trador enemies (rak'gol or whatever monster of the week you find in the expanse ~yawn~...), I'm more interested in themes of again, exploration, colonization and the buildup of resources, and the leverage of the money and industry with social and intrigue to change the face of two sectors.

To do this, I will need people -especially a GM- who is dedicated to keeping the pacing up, the skype replies coming, the options of moving the plot forward, and people who are at least somewhat willing to let their characters be NPC'ed for a little bit if it would hold up the game. This is intended to be somewhat of a hybrid skype / play by post, with the idea being that there isn't a SET time that the group would be meeting, as long as people can get together, do a few minutes of gaming, and that people would be on to reply to what is going on several times a week. Again, the idea is to keep the pacing up. Further, we should consider the idea of arbitrarily starting with some sort of baseline of this stuff done -- some combination of a colony world or two, or some contacts, or some social engineering already done, or somewhat higher than normal ship points or profit factor or something, so we can get to the interesting 'snowball effect' and 'repercussions of changes' part of the game.

If you are interested, please IM me at my skype name, which is gavinfoxx. In the skype request for contacting me, please let me know that you want to be a player in the RT game. Note I might not be able to see all replies or PM's in time; please, contact me at my skype name!