As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Outfit designer is out now. Playable Togruta coming on 3.3, late July.

• Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Ran out of dailies to do on the character I'm working getting basic comms on so I figured I might as well finish the macrobinocular/seeker droid questline on that one.

IR-77's ambush needs to be rescaled the same way the instances do, specifically how often he can knock and stun. Why? Because he knocked me out of range of his own leash.

Is this dude supposed to just leave? Cause I was having a nice back and forth with him and he just suddenly pulled an OZZIE IS IN A JAM move and vanished.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Ran out of dailies to do on the character I'm working getting basic comms on so I figured I might as well finish the macrobinocular/seeker droid questline on that one.

IR-77's ambush needs to be rescaled the same way the instances do, specifically how often he can knock and stun. Why? Because he knocked me out of range of his own leash.

Is this dude supposed to just leave? Cause I was having a nice back and forth with him and he just suddenly pulled an OZZIE IS IN A JAM move and vanished.
    Yeah he just leaves, you get to kill him during the Heroic at the end of the questline.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Ozzie's in a pickle!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

One of the things I really dislike about TOR is how ass-long cooldowns on all player abilities are while mobs can spam abilities every few seconds that would be a 2 minute cooldown for a player.

It gets really tedious when you, for example, fight one of those mobs who can do a knockback/interrupt every 3 seconds.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    It looks like Galactic Strongholds is getting pushed back by a month or so, but the devs are promising additional stuff to make up for it.
    Hi everyone!

For the past year, we’ve made it our goal to share updates and information on what’s happening in the studio and our upcoming plans for the game. We got the message that you appreciate transparency and want to know what we are working on. With that in mind, we wanted to share a change in plans to our most recently announced digital expansion, Galactic Strongholds.

We have been listening to what you, our players, were hoping to see from the Galactic Strongholds expansion. When playing early builds of Galactic Strongholds it became that clear that our June Early Access date was simply not enough. For this to truly feel like an expansion, it needs to include the full set of features, including those originally coming later in the year. So what does this mean? We are moving the start date for Subscriber Early Access from June 24th to August 19th in order to deliver to you the most features at the highest level of quality. The result will be a far more compelling experience, including additional features such as the ability to place your vehicles and pets in your Stronghold and for Guilds to conquer planets . To conquer a planet, Guilds must complete weekly Conquest events earning points to place at the top of the Guild Leaderboards. Conquering a planet gives the Guild special perks and rewards. This means that Subscribers will be the first to play the full slate of expansion features (everything!) at the start of Subscriber Early Access, a month before everyone else.

This additional time allows us to add:

-Conquest Events: use the power of your Stronghold to dominate these events and earn rewards
    -Guild Flagships will now offer expanded functionality for Guilds:
    --Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit
    --Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously
    --Compete in Conquest Events to conquer entire planets
    -New Stronghold: Tatooine Homestead
    -Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds

Combine that with the original feature list…

-3 unique Player Strongholds, one on each Capital World plus the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace
    -2 faction-specific Guild Flagships (Valor-class Cruiser for the Republic and Harrower-class Dreadnaught for the Empire)
    -Legacy Stronghold Storage
    -Ability to gain Prestige tracked on Prestige Leaderboards
    -Hundreds of Decorations to discover and collect

…and the result is an expansion that’s worth waiting for!

The additional features and time shift means some adjustments in other parts of our plan:

May 4th remains the Subscriber deadline for Bonus Cartel Coins Grant to the sweet tune of 1000 Cartel Coins!

May 11th is no longer the deadline for Strongholds Early Access rewards but as a thank you to all of our Subscribers as of this date, we are giving you the following rewards:

-Exclusive Subteroth minipet (delivered in Update 2.7.2)
    -Two Character Titles “The Intrepid” (delivered in Update 2.7.2) and “The Illustrious” (delivered in Game Update 2.9)
    -A sprawling Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace with five additional rooms unlocked
    -Stronghold Name "Galactic Stronghold"

July 15th is our new deadline for Subscriber Rewards for Early Access, and you must be a Subscriber by this date to claim the Subscriber Early Access Rewards:

-The luxurious Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace with three additional rooms unlocked
    -Stronghold Name "Galactic Stronghold"
    -Character Title "The Illustrious" (delivered in Game Update 2.9)

August 19th is Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds Digital Expansion Subscriber Early Access!

Preferred Early Access and the Official Launch will follow in September and October. Be sure to visit www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholdsfor more specific dates and details.

Our goal is to keep you informed, so stay tuned in the next couple of weeks for an update on the summer roadmap, including Game Update 2.8. For all of us working on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we appreciate your support. We’re extremely excited about Galactic Strongholds and can’t wait to share it with you. Keep the feedback coming! See you in-game!

Bruce Maclean
    Senior Producer

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Those flagships sound like the airships in DDO, which were a cool idea with some weird functionality. Hopefully they can put them in more seamlessly.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I have restarted on Jedi Covenant.

Might also use my free transfer to move my Smuggler accross.

Can you buy character transfers with credits/cartel coins?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    I have restarted on Jedi Covenant.

Might also use my free transfer to move my Smuggler accross.

Can you buy character transfers with credits/cartel coins?

Yes, you can.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Now that my snuggler is done I suddenly have no desire to gear him. I think it's time to go the DPS route and create my Sage o' Rage and take advantage of those fancy levelin' legacy 6% thingies.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Alt-itis is the worse way to experience this game.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »

I don't agree.

The main thing this game has going for it is the class storylines. The end game is meh.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I don't agree.

The main thing this game has going for it is the class storylines. The end game is meh.

I think Henroid is more talking about not getting anyone to the end or close.

Personally I still find the pvp a lot of fun, the flashpoints can be a blast and the class story lines are excellent.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    ... debating if I should sub for the bonuses, even though I can't use them or even log in really for probably another year or so...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I don't agree.

Personally I still find the pvp a lot of fun, the flashpoints can be a blast and the class story lines are excellent.

This.

I finish a prologue with one character, then I do a chapter on another, then I do part of a chapter on another, then part of a chapter on another, etc.

The content overlap is starting to bore me.

• Options

I don't agree.

This.

I finish a prologue with one character, then I do a chapter on another, then I do part of a chapter on another, then part of a chapter on another, etc.

Pick one of each side whose story you like best.

Focus on finishing their stories.

Then worry about other alts.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

I don't agree.

This.

Pick one of each side whose story you like best.

Focus on finishing their stories.

Then worry about other alts.

Agreed. At the very least you want to finish chapter two on a character before starting a new one (to unlock the class buff legacy-wide).

• Options
    I'm doing the same thing.

I'm playing my knight between inquisitor arcs.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I don't agree.

This.

Ooh.

Yeah, I have found that having two characters at the same planet at the same time is boring, so I avoid that if at all possible. If one character has just finished Hoth and another character's next destination is Hoth, I don't play that character for a while (for example).

Even alting like crazy though I got my inquisitor to max level, two more characters are on Corellia, and several others in the 40's.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man, alacrity increases resource regen now? When did that happen

is there a good source for reading about mechanics in this game anymore? I mostly wanna know how diminishing returns work for various things

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    I accidently made my Chiss Jedi look like the boss dude of the Crazy 88.

Didn't click until I saw him running with the baton out, then, well
    bEkr0tH.jpg

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    I took a look at chest pieces that are adaptive, and man, there's some cool ass looking armor in this game. Dumb stuff too but still. Spotted some sort of long-coat armor that would look great on my bounty hunter. And I'm a fan of the robes that have the hoods down. Marka Ragnos' robes look great too.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So with HK-51, I'm looking in the Legacy, and there seems to be an option where you can get him as early as level 1--if you have a million credits and another character in your legacy has assembled him. Is that accurate, or do you have to do the whole song and dance for each toon?

• Options
    Fixer40000Fixer40000 Registered User regular
    Longcoats are the wave of the future... a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

The Imperial Agent in general seems to get the best outfits. Frustratingly though the Conqueror PVP trenchcoat is no-longer available. A black dye mod on that would have been great for my marauder.

Have left PA forums.
    If this community believes that hating someone based soley upon their gender is acceptable and understandable, I have no interest in being a part of it.
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So with HK-51, I'm looking in the Legacy, and there seems to be an option where you can get him as early as level 1--if you have a million credits and another character in your legacy has assembled him. Is that accurate, or do you have to do the whole song and dance for each toon?

You can unlock him at level 1 with a million credits. Note, you have to unlock him once on either faction. I can't remember if you can unlock him with cartel coins or not. Also note that his gear does not scale. He comes with level 50 blue gear and he can't use it if you get him earlier, so you'll have to gear him out.

• Options
    Cool!

Also, I love the Jedi valiant adaptive armor. Mine looks pimp as hell.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »

You can unlock him at level 1 with a million credits. Note, you have to unlock him once on either faction. I can't remember if you can unlock him with cartel coins or not. Also note that his gear does not scale. He comes with level 50 blue gear and he can't use it if you get him earlier, so you'll have to gear him out.

You can unlock him with 350 CC each toon. I've done it on a few alts and honestly it's not like you even need to gear him until maybe level 20 or so, he will absolutely tear through mobs at early levels.

• Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Where's this game at in terms of game play and things to do?

I've been thinking of resubbing but the e-mail I just got seemed like all the game offers now is mini pets and player housing. Does PA still have an active community or teamspeak/ventrilo base?

Edit: I should add that I'm not looking to be persuaded or sold on it. I'm just generally curious as to what the current status is. I enjoyed pvping a lot when I did play. Where's that currently stand? Do we have good republic representation?

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    The guilds on Shadowlands are effectively dead. I think there might be a community over on Jedi Covenant.

PVP unranked queues pop quite often and at least on Shadowlands you can pug Ops if you so choose. 16 man ops seem to be the thing.

There are a few daily quest hubs. However, most days flashpoint queues at endgame are going to take between 15 and 45 minutes to pop unless you are a tank.

I still have an alt in Remarkable Circumference, but the two main characters I play (Assuran and Breanna) are unguilded.

I would also say that PVP wise on Shadowlands most games are Empire vs. Empire. Shadowlands is pretty heavy empire slanted. I can't speak for other servers.

Assuran on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Where's this game at in terms of game play and things to do?

I've been thinking of resubbing but the e-mail I just got seemed like all the game offers now is mini pets and player housing. Does PA still have an active community or teamspeak/ventrilo base?

Edit: I should add that I'm not looking to be persuaded or sold on it. I'm just generally curious as to what the current status is. I enjoyed pvping a lot when I did play. Where's that currently stand? Do we have good republic representation?

When was the last time you played? They've added a lot of convenience/fun stuff - a quick travel node on the fleet that sends you instantly to any of the daily areas you choose (and that same hub is present in every daily area, so you can quick travel between all of them), more varieties of armor from the cartel shop, that you can buy on the GTN, lots more legacy armor sets and legacy weapons and offhands. The new housing will include some kind of legacy cargo hold, though it's not clear yet how that will work.

In terms of what there is to do: There is still PVP, and the last update to it was that they made three separate "levels", level 10 - 30, 31 - 54, and 55, and only 55 benefits from wearing expertise gear due to the boost you get from the lower levels. If it's been a while since you played, they also added some new PVP maps, and they changed ranked PVP so that you can solo queue in.

They added galactic starfigher also, which is pvp in spaceships. I haven't played much if it myself, but people who like space combat seem to enjoy it. The people you play against when you start will have a lot of upgrades, though, so it'll probably be irritating at first. There are no 'levels' in starfighter the way there are in regular PVP, so a newb can still go against an expert.

They add new operations periodically, the two current top level ones being Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, both of which are fun in story mode and ball bustingly difficult in hard mode, at least until you have the gear and know the mechanics. Dread Fortress is the 'easier' of the two, and I've been a part of several less disciplined raids that just cannot get past the fourth boss on hard mode, regardless of how many attempts they make. A new operation is coming out in the summer. They've been pretty good about adding new operations on schedule.

There are also repeating events, for which you can earn reputation and tokens allow to buy the legacy gear associated with the event, as well as pets and mounts. The Bounty Hunter event is the one they repeat most frequently, but there's also the gree event which has a vendor on Ilum in the old PVP area, the new Rakghoul repeatable event, which they have only done once so far, and the Life Day event which is December only.

There are also level 55 flashpoints added, that have story relevance. They are really only worth doing once for the story, you'd only repeat them if you're interested in getting the legacy gear associated with them (I was interested in that gear, so I did the missions many times).

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Assuran wrote: »
    The guilds on Shadowlands are effectively dead. I think there might be a community over on Jedi Covenant.

There are several PA people in my Republic guild on Jedi Covenant (several meaning that 4 of us at once have been online, lately). There is technically no Empire guild, though my guild will invite your alts to our Empire alt guild as long as your main is republic.

• Options
    I guess I'll download and re-roll on Jedi Covenant. Can't hurt and if I really get back into it I can start subbing.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I might play around with this gave now that it's F2P.
    I'm moving this weekend so I have a lot of idle time on my computer and might have it downloading while I box shit up.
    Anything I should know?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I might play around with this gave now that it's F2P.
    I'm moving this weekend so I have a lot of idle time on my computer and might have it downloading while I box shit up.
    Anything I should know?

There's some basic info in the OP, including a guide for free to play by Henroid.

• Options
    Couple questions.

Did they ever put in an auto-attack option?
    Are the Jedi classes still all bound to a certain light saber style? Guardians only use a single saber, sentinels are forced to use two?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Couple questions.

Did they ever put in an auto-attack option?
    Are the Jedi classes still all bound to a certain light saber style? Guardians only use a single saber, sentinels are forced to use two?

No to autoattack.

Yes to jedi classes lightsaber style still being bound to advanced class.

Edit: I've updated my OP to include what weapons each class wields.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Ugh. That's the worst part of being a guardian. Just spam 1 until a power is ready. (At least at early levels)

If I remember right. My DPS guardian just had a super simple rotation. I would just hit 4,3,2,1 in order and which ever one was on cool down was this one that went off.

• Options
    Ugh. That's the worst part of being a guardian. Just spam 1 until a power is ready. (At least at early levels)

If I remember right. My DPS guardian just had a super simple rotation. I would just hit 4,3,2,1 in order and which ever one was on cool down was this one that went off.

TOR is definitely a rotation/cooldown whack-a-mole game as far as PvE is concerned.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    For what it is, it was probably one of the best at it. I remember actually enjoying the combat a little. Or at least not being bothered by it.

I saw they're going to have housing. Color me intrigued...

• Options
    I put down a stupid-rage-fest in-game a couple days ago. Some people were bitching about a lack of auto-attack, and I pointed out that the game was constructed with the opposite in mind. The game is specifically crafted so that your manual attacks are meaningful, every step of the way. It's super transparent in the early levels of the Guardian / Warrior, sure. But even like the Bounty Hunter has a purpose in manually attacking (management of your resource, heat). Auto-attack isn't a requirement of games, nor should it be. Have it, don't have it, just make sure things make sense whatever your decision may be.

• Options
    Figured I would throw some fun into here.

Team Four Star aka the DBZ: Abridged folks got their hands on SWTOR.

http://youtu.be/4GORE_LtooE

u7stthr17eud.png