As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bohemia Interactive presents DayZ 1.0 or: Wait, It's Actually Out of Early Access?

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Hamuel wrote: »
    I would be totally satisfied with dayz if I could get more than 14 fucking frames per second at any given time. that's why I spend so much time sniping -- it's the only circumstance where I get serviceable frames.

Its all those pointlessly open and detailed interiors that are massively robbing fps.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    The mod is always there Chuwero

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    Platy provides a human shield between myself and our assailant.

Some say he was protecting the bad guy, some say he was protecting me. Yet others say he was simply in the right place at the wrong time. All I know, is he was a hero and we came out on top.
    nLzFnWK.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Hmm was checking my video in slow mo to see just how awful my spraying was and noticed this
    tYkVqLa.jpg

It's the particle effect like when you shoot the ground or whatever. I think it happened when he fired. I took no damage during this exchange. Clearly we just shot each other's bullets out of the air.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/fgzCzE0sT84

looks like you can throw paper at surfaces to "post" notices. this is fucking excellent.

• Options
    Still torn on whether I should take the time to repair a truck and set up a camp

• Options
    I wonder if the paper is sticking or just floating in the air, will have to test.

• Options
    one step away from pasting dicks all over stary

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    today, I found the first battery I've seen in ages. I put it in a stun baton and actually managed to knock a guy out who had shot me twice.

JUSTICE IS MINE

• Options
    Played some DayZ today just to experience the .58 patch.

Discovered you can revive someone with CPR

Then I was given a reminder of the festering cesspit that is DayZ when he turned around and killed me.

• Options
    To counter your story, I grew pumpkins the other day and gave them to a passerby who totally had the drop on us initially but didn't do anything. He was a right fine feller.

Also, Wombat and I ran into some other guy where we had a weird bit of a standoff but neither of us decided to shoot and parted ways peacefully.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Did you announce your peaceful intentions, Buttcleft

Because otherwise I would also have shot the other person upon waking up

Was it you who knocked him out, there's currently no zombies in the game

Platy on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    wait there's currently no zombies in the game?

because

because that would make me play

• Options
    Tbey once again removed them for this patch

They were pretty awful in the last, but I suspect it might also have to do with possible server/client performance issues under persistence (although currently the game only bogs down when there is a large camp in an area)

• Options
    i have come to realize i hate zombies and ultimately i think they're dumb

i'm not really interested in playing zombie games

DayZ was never about zombies for me, ever, it was about player interaction

and the zombies being a busted ass afterthought made it okay to play in that regard, and every time they futzed with them to make them "more threatening" it made me not play the game for a while

every time they take them out for a patch or make them a total joke to deal with, I end up coming back for a bit

what it makes me realize is if they ever get zombies "working properly" i'll probably stop playing entirely

• Options
    I feel like they intend to steer the game a bit into the direction of a PvE environment, but at the same time I doubt they'll ever be able to include the "zombie hordes" they dreamed of in the game

The zombies are also just bad, bad, bad and they would really need to hire someone else for them, it feels like there is a complete lack of experience at Bohemia in designing and including this type of enemy in a game

I would be fine with having more zombies in certain, "more dangerous" parts of the map - I think the map really lacks variety beyond its geography

• Options
    Completely agree Pony. I don't miss the zombies at all. They should be restricted to background noise if anything.

• Options
  • Options
    All his videos are hilarious. He's also surprisingly accurate at meleeing guys, he headshots them constantly. It's pretty impressive. His reaction time to lock guys in with lockpicks is also impressive.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I noticed he has settings turned way down, it doesn't always look like 60 fps but I think that helps with meleeing folks

Also I'm going to start carrying a water bottle full of gasoline (liquid revenge) or I might place a few around the airfield or Myshkino

@Wombat!!

Platy on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    How long has this game been in alpha?

2 years?

and they still haven't fixed the Z part of DayZ?!

I almost feel like logging back into their forums to say I told you so to all the jerks who constantly shit on me for saying they'd never fix them

• Options
    I'd wait till the game is complete first.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    I'd wait till the game is complete first.

4 more years!

4 more years!

• Options
    Yeah I don't think they are going to make their projected deadline of beta at the end of the year, with release presumably a few months after. I can't really see them finishing all the mechanics planned in the next few months, with patches coming out as slow as they are.

• Options
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think they are going to make their projected deadline of beta at the end of the year, with release presumably a few months after. I can't really see them finishing all the mechanics planned in the next few months, with patches coming out as slow as they are.

With 0.59 marking the release of the Enfusion engine and other much-needed optimizations, I can see a lot more progress being made much more quickly. But, then again, I would also not be surprised if it didn't affect anything at all.

• Options
    The problem is I doubt we even see .59 until maaaybe the end of next month. Which puts us in November already, which leaves room for like 1 more patch before beta supposedly starts. 2 patches isn't going to get this game into beta readiness mode.

Likely the new renderer is going to cause as many problems as it solves any ways, just by nature of it being such a big change.

I personally don't really care, they'll probably just push everything back and extend the alpha and that doesn't bother me at all because I've had fun throughout.

• Options
    Exile mod seems pretty fun. Its like epoch, but not.

and it looks like CCG is coding a custom version to have zombies and all kinds of other things that might be interesting.

• Options
    Bor and me learnt not to trust the little kids today

Apparently the right thing to do would have been to go 100% Mantrap on them and execute them on the spot after they surrendered

• Options
    edited September 2015
    https://youtu.be/-NYoztrQKF4

I'd do it again, just a bit more cautiously.
    The main thing that screwed us imo was the animation of him picking up and raising the pistol didn't register for me. If not I could have just shot him.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCrEc8u6mpg

That's a quick and dirty proof of concept that CCG whipped up, and now that they know theres demand, they are working to make a better more well performing option.

Its everything I've ever wanted and never got from Epoch or DayZ (mod or stand alone)

edit
    Don't use CCGs shitty fucking launcher to download the Esseker map if you want to play on Exile Esseker, because 1) apparently you can only download the map via a launcher as the direct download on the site doesn't work and 2) CCGs launcher is a fucking shitpile of shit, It literally just ate all my mods. Now I have to download All in Arma again, which has a fucking horrible server host and its fucking miserably seeded shitty ass torrent that takes hours and hours to download.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    so bororm and I just can't really figure out why everyone we fight has one of three automatic weapons, often times with suppressors. how the fuck do they keep getting this stuff? any time I hit a crash site, it's just junk. any time I loot the tents, it's just boots and hats.

I don't really care that much, since I tend to rely on civilian weaponry for added challenge and fun, but it does wear on me a bit to be chased, full-sprint, and have a dude just unload a coupled mag while he's swaying like crazy and hit enough shots to kill me. dang, man.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I think the recoil is too high one some weapons and too low on others

There is no reason to fire something like an M4 in short bursts because the recoil doesn't increase over time like in some other games and it's easy to keep it steady even if you want to fire sixty rounds at once

I recently reinstalled Call of Pripyat and I was surprised at how your starting gun handled (I remembered, but I blamed my experiences on being somewhat unfamilar with recoil mechanics at the time)

Platy on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Did ya heard? FN FAL is back: https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228974-trello-chris-fn-fal-wip-preview/
    Unfortunately I can foresee this becoming just the go-to OP weapon, since people will likely just slap an ACOG on it and spray out winchestor rounds.
    FN_FAL.jpg

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    y-... you guys. I think dayz is fun again. we have a camp, plenty of loot, and we even got into a super cool gunfight where NONE OF US DIED and bororm even shot a guy THROUGH A DOOR and killed him. we have trucks! we have guns!

WHAT YEAR IS IT?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    also, for your enjoyment:

B977ACD0FFEB0188C4863707FA83A3F31627CB23

7CD67195F8319585EFA64077324E980DC97702F4

6C48837F333BEA32DF8299A814890B873F05559C

5773988244DBA769CF14B281BE3940A7FD211A2F

CEE3EBDE45A9BD6FC2C667C81364838976964926

Hamuel on
  • Options
    We're the best.

• Options
    Now would be a good time to come back, guys

No annoying zombies, you can have camps and trucks and the loot works since the hotfix (for now)

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    Tempting...

• Options
    Hrm.

• Options
    I have a SVD! The first one we've actually been able to find. It sounds like when you discharge a single round from an unsuppressed AK. Pretty good recoil, too.