As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] SMTxFE returns(without much SMT).

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The remakes, P3P and P4G, basically pass eachother in the hallway and wave. They're independent stories, the way next door neighbours are independent.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I played P3P after P4G and enjoyed it just fine. The social links are not as good but it's still an enjoyable experience.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Maybe it's better to start with P3P because of the better mechanics in P4G. But I'm doing the opposite and I'm ok.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    What is the cheapest playstation tv you can buy? Just buying everything new would cost around $110, which is distressingly close to what I am willing to pay solely to play Persona 4 Golden for the first time instead of Persona 4 for the fourth.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Amazon has a bunch of sellers dropping them for $70-80 right now

There's a seller listed at $98.74 with a controller included and free shipping

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    If you have a PS4, it works with the PS4 controllers as well. I got one for Christmas, and just plugged one of my two PS4 controllers into its USB port. It registered the controller and it works wirelessly just fine.

Also, its totally a slick little box, and I like it so far. Playing SAO on my TV with the Dualshock 4 is much nicer, I find. At the very least, I'm not getting cramped hands anymore.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    PS4 controller is really recommended for it, since you can use the touch pad like the front touch screen on a Vita.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Well it seems like it's basically been price dropped to $80, but I was hoping there'd be like used ones or something.

• Options
    I mean.

It's basically a limited Vita, PSP emulator, and PS4 extender you can hook up to a TV.

If $70-80 seems like that's too expensive, I don't know what to tell you. I was pretty happy paying the full $99 for mine.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So I picked up Persona Q over the holidays and am just starting to dig in there. Good stuff.
    Which actually has me thinking those Etrian Odyssey games may be my cup of tea. I'm liking the map stuff more than I would have thought.
    One Persona 4 related question. Who's Marie?
    Is that a Golden addition? Anything I should know?

akajaybay on
  • Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    So I picked up Persona Q over the holidays and am just starting to dig in there. Good stuff.
    Which actually has me thinking those Etrian Odyssey game may be my cup of tea. I'm liking the map stuff more than I would have thought.
    One Persona 4 related question. Who's Marie?
    Is that a Golden addition? Anything I should know?

Marie is a character added to Persona 4 Golden as a new Velvet Room assistant and social link. She handles the new gameplay additions in Golden in the Velvet Room, like the SOS ability to help other players out (and receive help yourself) and the power to copy skill cards received during Shuffle Time for a nominal fee.

She writes bad poetry, which is either part of her appeal or the biggest atrocity since everybody started using the word literally to mean figuratively.

• Options
    Hmm, one more question. Is Arena's plot going to be a factor in Q? Or am I ok not really having payed attention to that much.

• Options
    Arena and Q are both great games, but neither is required to gain maximum enjoyment from the other.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Hmm, one more question. Is Arena's plot going to be a factor in Q? Or am I ok not really having payed attention to that much.

Arena takes place later, so it doesn't factor at all.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Well it seems like it's basically been price dropped to $80, but I was hoping there'd be like used ones or something.

I paid $79 for mine at Best Buy, but I also needed a memory card (which cost more!) so don't forget that. Maybe you can move cards between a Vita and PSTV if you already have a Vita? Not sure as I don't own a Vita and I don't know if you can buy a game once and use on both, transfer saves, etc.

• Options
    Memory cards are exactly the same as Vita and transfer easily between the two, if necessary.

• Options
    If I bought P4G on my PSTV, could I yank the memory card out and put it in a Vita and play it?

• Options
    Yep! As long as both devices are activated on the same account.

• Options
    Maybe I will get a Vita then. More options! Hurray for disposable income! Exclamation point!

• Options
    You have chosen... wisely.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Persona Q takes place across the timeline in such a way that both SEES and the Investigation team have all recruited all their members, but that neither group has progressed far enough in their respective stories so as to affect... anything, really. There's some element of time travel involved in making that happen... don't worry about it, though.

Persona 4 Arena takes place months (or was it a year?) after the events of Persona 4.

Persona 4 Arena USH takes place immediately after Persona 4 Arena.

I think it remains to be seen whether Persona 4 Dancing All Night will impact canon at all.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    P4A takes place during Golden Week, so after the P4 ending and before the P4G epilogue. P4DAN is apparently that same summer, so after P4A and P4AU, but I don't think it's known where it lines up against the Epilogue.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    Dancing All Nyx.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I hope DAN gets a collector's edition, just so we can all buy P4DANCE

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Since I'm already asking a bunch of questions in the MegaTen thread, how's that P4 anime hold up?
    I have a rough guess it's mostly just fan pandering, but I'm probably ok with that....

• Options
    Since I'm already asking a bunch of questions in the MegaTen thread, how's that P4 anime hold up?
    I have a rough guess it's mostly just fan pandering, but I'm probably ok with that....

The second one is literally New Game Plus.

• Options
    Persona 4 Animation is great

Persona 4 Golden Animation is not very good

• Options
    edited January 2015
    PLA wrote: »

The second one is literally New Game Plus.

Oh weird, I didn't even realize until now there were two different ones. So there's P4 Animation and P4 Golden Animation.
    Huh....

Man I really love Persona 4, but Persona 5 needs to hurry up and exist.
    I mean has the third and/or fourth seasons of anime to depict the events of the fighting, dancing and dungeon exploration Persona 4 (and 3) games been announced yet?

Edit: Ok I wasn't sure which it was since I'm not at home, but it looks like the set I have ahead of me to watch is the first series. So that's good.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Wrong thread, lol.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Newsletter says european stocks of Persona Q premium-edition are running low.

• Options
    "What is this thing? Feels really bad. Wow, it's puny! This'll be cake!"

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    So I cleared PQ today and cleared the Zeus fight as well, so I think I'm ready to call this one done. That music in the Zeus fight sounds like something right out of EO4, which pleased me tremendously. (I managed to beat him with panic circle and Salome's Kiss/Magic Bind circle, so I never saw Diarahn or his Mind Charge/Power Charge combos etc. heh.)

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    So I cleared PQ today and cleared the Zeus fight as well, so I think I'm ready to call this one done. That music in the Zeus fight sounds like something right out of EO4, which pleased me tremendously. (I managed to beat him with panic circle and Salome's Kiss/Magic Bind circle, so I never saw Diarahn or his Mind Charge/Power Charge combos etc. heh.)

Yuji Himukai design, too.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    So I bought Persona Q. I wasn't expecting to like it, but then again i didn't really know what to expect. I picked the P4 story first because I fucking love the story and cast of Persona 4 and was delighted at the point in the story that the game happens and happy to see the old cast with as far as I know the same VAs interacting again, and then as soon as I started fighting I instantly fell in love with the game. I got a critical strike with the P4MC around the same time the battle theme gets more upbeat and the female vocals kick in, and I had Kanji and Rise cheering me on and it was just like the good times of P4G all over again.

• Options
    Silver Bangle isn't that actually useful, but it is one of very few accessories that never overlap with a Persona.

• Options
    it's uncanny how frequently the PQ battle theme works out to sync up to the turns I take when I play

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I feel sad that so many of you are missing the better P3-side music. :P

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I feel sad that so many of you are missing the better P3-side music. :P

I listened to it on youtube when looking for the battle music not knowing there were two versions. I like them both equally, they both really fit their respective games soundtracks.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    My favorite part is that with the P3 version, when I'm using Naoto, the horns kick in JUUUUST as everything DIES INSTANTLY.

M A G I K A Z A M