As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Headphone jack troubles

psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
edited May 2014 in Help / Advice Forum
Hardware question

My tower has a front mic and headphone port, as well as a bunch of rear audio outs which I use for the speakers. The headphone port no longer registers that headphones are plugged in, but does still output sound. To get it to work, I have to insert the headphone and put some downward pressure on the connector, which causes the computer to recognise it (and I get that little popup telling me I have plugged something in). I then let go and it thinks I have disconnected it and gives me the other little pop-up, but still outputs sound.

It's functional, but mildly annoying. Any suggestions for how to fix it?

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
steam_sig.png
psyck0 on

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    You need to take the computer apart and get at the connector. It is clearly a mechanical issue so unless it is sealed then getting at it should give you a chance to fix it. Alternatively you may be able to replace the connector - it all depends on how your computer is constructed.

Basically unplug all cables, open up the machine and take a look. Then go from there.

Bones heal, glory is forever.