As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RIP H.R. Giger

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
Yup, 2014 continues to suck for deaths...

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Harold Ramis, Bob Hoskins, and now H.R. Giger.

Seriously, fuck you 2014.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    Harold Ramis, Bob Hoskins, and now H.R. Giger.

Seriously, fuck you 2014.

It's not even half way

Still it's sad that I got to hear how he sounded over
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0I_Rfbd5rs
    Jodorowsky's Dune

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's just going to get worse as we get older.

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    He certainly had the most terrifying imagination. He defined the nightmares of a generation. Maybe I'll try playing Darkseed again.

I'm a little morbidly curious if there's going to be a bio-mechanical coffin or gravestone. Literally morbidly curious.

We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    He was horribly underused in the field of movies, apparently he was difficult to work with but I always got the vibe that he wanted to work on more movies. What happened to him with Alien 3 is really sour.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    GSM wrote: »
    He certainly had the most terrifying imagination. He defined the nightmares of a generation. Maybe I'll try playing Darkseed again.

I'm a little morbidly curious if there's going to be a bio-mechanical coffin or gravestone. Literally morbidly curious.
    Twenty bucks says there's a weird boner on it somewhere.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Holy crap, he was still alive?!

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I wanted to play this game so bad as a kid. I had it, but it just crashed and crashed and then it crashed when it was done crashing.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Well isn't this just a bag of dicks

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Twenty bucks says there's a weird boner on it somewhere.

He'll be buried in a biomechanical penis-coffin, in a hole that's dug to look like a vagina.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Sad news. When I went on a poster framing binge I bought one of his museum's reprints and hung it on my wall. He really had a unique style.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    didn't see this thread earlier. i have to get to one of the H.R. Giger bars one of these days. that would be...interesting.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Little known facts: giger drew inspirations from the night terrors he's had since he was a little kid.

His girlfriend, Li, killed herself. He painted her before and after her death, portrayed in the paintings Li and Li II. In the second painting she is very clearly dead. He says that he blames his morbid style for contributing to her suicide.

For being so morbid, giger had a great sense of humor. He helped make a very tongue in cheek horror movie called "killer condoms" in which condoms would swim up out of the toilet and bite off their victims dicks. He also changed the egg in the alien movie after drawing criticism from Catholics because the egg opening looked like a vagina, "there, I've changed it to one of those crosses you Catholics are so fond of looking at." The joke just adds on layers like an onion once you realize what happened to the guy in the original movie who sat there staring at a cross for just a bit too long.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Very few people can develop a style that is so subconsciously recognizable.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Dude did creepy so well.

My sister (a big art nerd) has one of his books, and his work is extremely detailed and uses expertly themed colour palettes. It's also fucking PACKED with phalluseseseses and ladies special happy places.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Little known facts: giger drew inspirations from the night terrors he's had since he was a little kid.

His girlfriend, Li, killed herself. He painted her before and after her death, portrayed in the paintings Li and Li II. In the second painting she is very clearly dead. He says that he blames his morbid style for contributing to her suicide.

For being so morbid, giger had a great sense of humor. He helped make a very tongue in cheek horror movie called "killer condoms" in which condoms would swim up out of the toilet and bite off their victims dicks. He also changed the egg in the alien movie after drawing criticism from Catholics because the egg opening looked like a vagina, "there, I've changed it to one of those crosses you Catholics are so fond of looking at." The joke just adds on layers like an onion once you realize what happened to the guy in the original movie who sat there staring at a cross for just a bit too long.

Killer Condoms is an unsung masterpiece.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!