As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seattle Transplant

StarbuckanearStarbuckanear Seattle, WARegistered User new member
Are there any on this forum who are Seattle locals? I just moved to the area and am having trouble tracking down people of similar interests. I know that as PAX draws near there will be more people gathering for gamer specific activities, but my primary interest is day to day socialization.

Please forgive the implied desperation of such a post, but my wife and kid won't make it out here until June, so I am a tad desperate.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Check out the PAX Prime area or PAX area, as they do some meetups during non-PAX times.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
  • Options
    IrrationalRobotIrrationalRobot Registered User regular
    A couple of things that may work- Wayward Coffee has a twice a month boardgame meetup (look on their calendar for the GeekGirlCon boardgame nights), and is generally geek-friendly (science fiction geek specifically, particularly SF TV (Joss Whedon, Doctor Who, etc)). I'd suggest checking out their calendar.

I can't be of much help on the video game front, but I am a husband and dad- what types of interests are you looking for?

• Options
    finralfinral Registered User regular
    I no longer live in Seattle myself, but you might find some like minded individuals hanging out at Card Kingdom in Ballard.

• Options
    Many thanks to all. This transition has been hard enough without people to chat with on occasion.

• Options
    A couple of things that may work- Wayward Coffee has a twice a month boardgame meetup (look on their calendar for the GeekGirlCon boardgame nights), and is generally geek-friendly (science fiction geek specifically, particularly SF TV (Joss Whedon, Doctor Who, etc)). I'd suggest checking out their calendar.

I can't be of much help on the video game front, but I am a husband and dad- what types of interests are you looking for?

Sorry for the delay. Thank you for following up. I am mostly looking for gamer parents. Table top especially. I've been trying to get together a group of parents who like to game but cannot because... kids.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Check out Café Mox or Raygun Lounge, that's usually the best way to get into a game.