As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    That sensation you feel is the quickening...

gewq3znn8dcmpbpl8p5b.jpg

We're on the move now. I'd say we crack 2mil end of the day today or right after they send the 48 hour notifications.

Catalyst, put up a couple more stretch goals!!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I just want people to make sure they click the link to Norse Foundry in the Social Media Mission section.

I want my bigger coin!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Looks like it just hit 1.9 million. Would not be surprised to see the last day jump this well above 2 million.
    Behold the power of Urbie.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I just want people to make sure they click the link to Norse Foundry in the Social Media Mission section.

I want my bigger coin!

Have they posted the link yet? I just checked, but I don't see anything.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »

I want my bigger coin!

Have they posted the link yet? I just checked, but I don't see anything.

It's there, just have to scroll most of the way down to the Social Media Missions section.

• Options
    Clicked!

Is $60 for 5 fantasy figures a good value? It's been a while since I was in the market. Their KS doesn't seem to be setting the world on fire. :(

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Iolo wrote: »
    Clicked!

Is $60 for 5 fantasy figures a good value? It's been a while since I was in the market. Their KS doesn't seem to be setting the world on fire. :(

It doesn't seem like a terrible value if you like the characters for your D&D game, especially if they can hit the stretch goals for the different options they're planning.
    But, compared with the Reaper Bones kickstarters for sheer quantity...

Or even the Battletech KS where 50 bucks gets you a game with it's 5 minis (disregarding the unlocked stretch goals).

see317 on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Clicked!

6 once we hit the 2 mil mark! So $10 per character. To give you a small reference, the smaller Transformers are now $10. The 3.75" Star Wars figures are more than $10. So yeah, dunno if that helps any.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Man. You really gotta scroll down for the link. Clicked it.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Clicked!

$12 a head for fantasy figures is a absolutely not good value. A quick check of Reaper's Dark Heaven line (the most generic of generic fantasy lines) shows figs at $7-$10 a head in metal. Bones and other plastics come in way cheaper, though lower quality. Wizkids D&D line comes in at $4.50 for two character models.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Clicked!

$12 a head for fantasy figures is a absolutely not good value. A quick check of Reaper's Dark Heaven line (the most generic of generic fantasy lines) shows figs at $7-$10 a head in metal. Bones and other plastics come in way cheaper, though lower quality. Wizkids D&D line comes in at $4.50 for two character models.

I just realized that Iolo was talking about the other KS and not BT... You can ignore my post.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    If their minis are customizable builds, more like GW miniatures, then they're less like the reaper bones models. That brings them slightly more in line on pricing. The problem is that they're resin, which is often not the best material.

It looks like they're trying to fall between the Reaper Bones minis, which are widely regarded as pretty crap, and something like Hero Forge custom minis, which are $20-30 each.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Looking at the current numbers, I'm curious on how they'll end up handling adding 2700 new characters to the canon.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Looking at the current numbers, I'm curious on how they'll end up handling adding 2700 new characters to the canon.

I'm betting:
    Appendix C: Known mechwarriors
    1 - John "Bigman" Doe - Preferred mech: King Crab - Last action: Tukayyid Status: KIA
    2 - Steve "Lil' Bastard" Smith - Preferred mech: Flea - Last action: ...

And so forth...

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    They reaaaaly should have put a cap on the custom character stuff.

• Options
    I thought they mentioned somewhere that they could also use the names in books right? They are just going to make a grand list of names for everything to use.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    They reaaaaly should have put a cap on the custom character stuff.

They clearly were not expecting quite the level of enthusiasm the campaign has received.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Holy smokes, we're less than 28k from $2M at this very moment (9:37 PM Central, Thursday night).

Weren't we like over a 100k to go this morning?

Edit: Double holy crap, Aug-15 was the second best day of the campaign?!?!? Man, the thirst....

Nips on
  • Options
    Holy smokes, we're less than 28k from $2M at this very moment (9:37 PM Central, Thursday night).

Weren't we like over a 100k to go this morning?

yuuuuuup. its gaining steam

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    caught the tail end of the AMA. Only real interesting tidbit is a tie in board game on a more strategic level for the BT universe. Also, Battleforce isnt in the cards for the foreseeable future. :(

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    HOOOOOO-KAY, this one from the AMA is worth EYES-ON:
    If I have a group of players who all pledged canon characters, can we unit into a Merc unit?
    Yes. Fill-out form and affiliation, and say something like 1 of X entries. They will then bulk you all together. This might move you up the list.

Ipso facto, we need to get our shit together. At least, for anyone contributing an Oosik.

Nips on
  • Options
    If I have a group of players who all pledged canon characters, can we unit into a Merc unit?
    Yes. Fill-out form and affiliation, and say something like 1 of X entries. They will then bulk you all together. This might move you up the list.

Ipso facto, we need to get our shit together. At least, for anyone contributing an Oosik.

Holy crap, that just made me want to push to the $300 level. Hmm...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Holy crap, that just made me want to push to the $300 level. Hmm...

Yeah same.

Shiiiit

• Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular

That's some solid paper pushing there Nips.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Two mills bills, boyos!

URBIES FOR EVERYONE

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    0d9.gif

• Options
    Hooray!!!

Some comparable campaigns have generated 2.7 to 4.2 as much in the last two days as they did in the third to last. If that trend holds (and the shape of the lines over the first 28 days are similar), the campaign range is looking like finishing at 2.3 to 2.5 million.

HBS BATTLETECH cleared the last stretch goal (PvP) and the last day was lower than the second to last day. Dark Souls Board Game and Dwarven Forge Caverns both had higher goals and finished with the last day being the second highest day overall.

Add more goals Catalyst!

EDIT: Kind of scary to post numbers that high, but it's okay now that we've secured our swank record sheets, cardboard pieces and FREE URBANMECH! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I'm pumped about the cardboard pieces. But I'm afraid they're going to be cartoonish. The appeal of the original Reinforcements box back in the day was that they looked real. No crazy action poses or bold bright colors. Just excellent, drab, hulking war machines.

I don't want Gundam. I want real wold military.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    I doubt they will see it in the flood of comments coursing through the campaign right now, but I posted a plea to Catalyst to add more stretch goals. I offered these suggestions:

2.2 million - Archival Documents
    Printed versions of the unlocked scenarios, digital novels/novellas will be available for purchase as add-on. Star Colonel and above may select one for free.

2.4 million - Break Through the Line!
    Add discounted versions of the current and upcoming Battletech video games as add on purchases. Five new period-appropriate, redesigned mechs will be added to HBS' BATTLETECH game as DLC. Star Captain and above receive a copy of the DLC for free.

2.6 million - Send in the Lights!
    An IS lance of lights (Locust, Stinger, Wasp, Valkyrie) and a Clan star of lights (TBD) will be made available for purchase as an add on. Galaxy Commander and higher may select one for free.

2.8 million - Ammo Cache
    A new digital scenario and new digital novella unlocked for all backers.
    (I'd rewritten this to be a dice bundle, as that seems popular in comments. But copy pasted the original. Oops.)

3 million - From Humble Beginnings
    The redesigned Stinger and Wasp will be available for add-on purchase in a single mech box. Star Captain and above can select one for free. Galaxy Commander and higer receive one of both.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    Mostly I'm kind of annoyed they didn't have the extra stretch goals primed and ready for when the 48-hour crowd came back to follow up. I think that's a mistake on their part, but we'll see how it plays out.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    I doubt they will see it in the flood of comments coursing through the campaign right now, but I posted a plea to Catalyst to add more stretch goals. I offered these suggestions:

2.2 million - Archival Documents
    Printed versions of the unlocked scenarios, digital novels/novellas will be available for purchase as add-on. Star Colonel and above may select one for free.

2.4 million - Break Through the Line!
    Add discounted versions of the current and upcoming Battletech video games as add on purchases. Five new period-appropriate, redesigned mechs will be added to HBS' BATTLETECH game as DLC. Star Captain and above receive a copy of the DLC for free.

2.6 million - Send in the Lights!
    An IS lance of lights (Locust, Stinger, Wasp, Valkyrie) and a Clan star of lights (TBD) will be made available for purchase as an add on. Galaxy Commander and higher may select one for free.

2.8 million - Ammo Cache
    A new digital scenario and new digital novella unlocked for all backers.
    (I'd rewritten this to be a dice bundle, as that seems popular in comments. But copy pasted the original. Oops.)

3 million - From Humble Beginnings
    The redesigned Stinger and Wasp will be available for add-on purchase in a single mech box. Star Captain and above can select one for free. Galaxy Commander and higer receive one of both.

I don't think the PC game one is possible as it makes promises for 3rd parties.

And given that none of their new boxes have duplicates, if they did add more I really doubt it will be those mechs as they're already in the other packs.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Yeah, they aren't airtight. They already have goals with third parties, though. The metal figurines and challenge coins are third party. Catalyst has what seems to be a good working relationship with HBS, and the strong rumor is that some of these redesigned unseen (maybe the first two IS lances?) will be in the Heavy Metal DLC coming out for BATTLETECH this fall/winter. So I was hoping they could springboard off of that and have a handshake deal in time for a stretch goal. I do think that adding the video games as add ons, even if they limit it to one per backer, would be a pretty easy win for all involved.

As for duplicates, that's just a totally self-serving request as I want some extra lights. :) (It is 'realistic' in the sense that Catlalyst has said they aren't adding any more physical SKUs. So stretch goals that result in products would have to leverage stuff already announced.)

It's all cloud talk. I'm just excited, and wish we had a few more goals to hope for. Realistically, any goals they add at this point are already in the hopper.

My comment has gotten a lot of "no new stretch goals" comments. Not surprising, and I don't disagree that they shouldn't overextend. But hey, a boy can dream can't he? :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I know they posted a list of which lances/stars the Salvage Boxes will be selected from, but I can't find it now. Anyone know what I'm looking for?

Trying to calculate the odds of getting some of the mechs I like, lol.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    I know they posted a list of which lances/stars the Salvage Boxes will be selected from, but I can't find it now. Anyone know what I'm looking for?

Trying to calculate the odds of getting some of the mechs I like, lol.

Their QA says salvage boxes will be drawn from the Clan Invasion box mechs and 2-4 of the first stars. So:

Definitely
    • Clan Invasion Box Set: Executioner, Timber Wolf, Nova, Grendel, Adder,
    • Clan Command Star: Dire Wolf, Stormcrow, Shadow Cat, Myst Lynx, Summoner
    • Clan Heavy Striker Star: Gargoyle, Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Viper, Ice Ferret

Maybe:
    • Clan Fire Star: Fire Moth, Kit Fox, Cougar, Nova Cat, Warhawk
    • Clan Support Star: Night Gyr, Arctic Cheetah, Linebacker, Battle Cobra, Black Lanner

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    Hmm so if they don't include the Maybes I'll have a pool of 15 mechs, 7 salvage box draws, 46% chance to get at least one Shadow Cat or Thor or Vulture individually and 87% chance to get at least one of the three.

Not bad at all.

• Options
    Hmm so if they don't include the Maybes I'll have a pool of 15 mechs, 7 salvage box draws, 46% chance to get at least one Shadow Cat or Thor or Vulture individually and 87% chance to get at least one of the three.

Not bad at all.

Nope. I'm counting on salvage boxes to fill in my clan ranks with what I consider "the classics"

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    I'm going to put my favorites, Mad Cat, Shadow Cat, Thor, Vulture, into my Inner Sphere mercenary company as trophy salvage from their participation in either Task Force Serpent or Operation Bulldog (haven't decided which yet!) and then paint up the remaining as a Star of either Snow Raven or Nova Cat in case I ever need to play as a Clan force.

• Options
    I'm going to put my favorites, Mad Cat, Shadow Cat, Thor, Vulture, into my Inner Sphere mercenary company as trophy salvage from their participation in either Task Force Serpent or Operation Bulldog (haven't decided which yet!) and then paint up the remaining as a Star of either Snow Raven or Nova Cat in case I ever need to play as a Clan force.

Operation Bulldog would have resulted in good chances for salvage and captured supplies; tens of systems were recaptured during the campaign. TF Serpent much less so, as it was essentially a targeted strike to kill off the Jaguars, on their home turf, in one hard move.

• Options
    I know, although to be honest rather than the military practicality I'm trying to decide which I think is cooler, lol. My mercenary company backstory will basically be an equal parts rip off of the Grey Death Legion and the Eridani Light Horse, and the latter was on Task Force Serpent so hmm...