As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Fuselage wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Lunchtime!

https://imgur.com/a/VgTH0Wy

Oh, it's beautiful! I hope it's good!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

Lunchtime!

I'm not a fan of grapes. And the pineapple had a lot of hard chunky bits. But otherwise it was decent. 7/10. The King Club is the best too.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Lunchtime!

I'm not a fan of grapes. And the pineapple had a lot of hard chunky bits. But otherwise it was decent. 7/10. The King Club is the best too.

Spud Maxx minus olives with extra cheese!

*And so began the Oosik Civil War*

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Lunchtime!

Spud Maxx minus olives with extra cheese!

*And so began the Oosik Civil War*

At least we can agree on no olives

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    *quiet shuffles 'olive supply drop' from the front lines back to HQ on his paperwork*

*crosses out 'martinis' on next supply drop paperwork*

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    *quiet shuffles 'olive supply drop' from the front lines back to HQ on his paperwork*

*crosses out 'martinis' on next supply drop paperwork*

We're hunting the Kuritan holdout from their hiding spots. Jager will work. And I'm not talking about the mechs.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    AGoAC get!

Damn these minis are nice. So much better quality and details than the old Ral Parthas.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Late Backer link is now live, btw. And the pledge levels seems to have decreased slightly in price, while containing slightly less (and apparently if you add those things back in, it brings it back to the original price).

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Until the Pledge Manager opens.
    Then Double Broke.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options

Until the Pledge Manager opens.
    Then Double Broke.

It's not a huge jump from what I already pledged to a 3rd Star Colonel with what seems to be a $40 credit for the odd stuff that can be excluded.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Is it accurate to say that the only Battletech minis currently out in the newer pre-assembled and cool art is found in the Beginner Box and Game of Armored Conflict?

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Is it accurate to say that the only Battletech minis currently out in the newer pre-assembled and cool art is found in the Beginner Box and Game of Armored Conflict?

Yup

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    It's a fine day for AlphaStrike!

https://imgur.com/a/HAgM3ut

Pitting that Lance I painted with an Atlas, Catapult, Zeus and Grasshopper vs my old 3rd edition box set Warhammer, Marauder, Archer and Battlemaster.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Ordered a sticker from StickerYou of the Oosik skull since @Nips linked it earlier. I'll take pictures of how it turned out when it eventually shows up!

Also I've been looking at Battletech decals. If they're fairly easy to apply, I think I'd make a few lances of Oosiks, a few stars of Ghost Bears/Ghost Bear/Rasalhague Dominion, and/or a few lances of Rasalhague Republicans.

Lots of grey and blue out there.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    We should make Oosik challenge coins.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options

I've flown with the patch but it started falling apart so it's on my wall now. I'd absolutely keep the coin with me, and use it during coin checks - especially if it's a bottle opener.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options

It is strange, then, that I have both A) had this same idea, and B) own a means of production!

It wouldn't be metal, but instead be the most space-age of materials: plastic. Acrylic, to be precise.

Here's a very important question, though: Would you want the challenge coin to have a small hole (or holes) to allow for, say, a thread to be run through it for mounting purposes?

• Options
    Would you keep it round and fit the whole symbol on there, keep it round and fit just the skull part on there, or make it oblong/dog tag shaped to fit it all?

To fit the whole Oosik.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Would you keep it round and fit the whole symbol on there, keep it round and fit just the skull part on there, or make it oblong/dog tag shaped to fit it all?

To fit the whole Oosik.

That's a good question. In my head I was thinking circular, y'know because "coin". But you're right that the Oosiks death's head logo is a smidge more tall than wide.

I'm open to suggestions. Also, a head count, to know how many I'd need to manufacture. :P

• Options
    Hey, coins Cann be whatever. I have a couple ninja star coins. They're sweet

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Add a tab to that spreadsheet you're wanting! :D

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

To fit the whole Oosik.

That's a good question. In my head I was thinking circular, y'know because "coin". But you're right that the Oosiks death's head logo is a smidge more tall than wide.

I'm open to suggestions. Also, a head count, to know how many I'd need to manufacture. :P

Do you have some designs drawn out? I never thought of making them out of plastic.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    What’s the coins for?

• Options
    What’s the coins for?

No discernable reason other than Fashion!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RIhu8cZW2EXJBSAaab-HqWHk_qoz31c/view?usp=drivesdk

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    So, the 3055 clan mechs (from the TRO). There's about 21 in total, including the 4 omnis, which don't really fit where I'm going with this.

So the IICs are obviously at least inspired by if not actually based on (Looking at you, Phoenix Hawk IIC) the old IS mechs, but the other second lines mechs aren't (except the Conjurer which is). But for me, I look at the Incubus and go "Oh yeah no that's the Phoenix Hawk IIC, definitely." Kinda like how the Glass Spider looks more like a Rifleman, even if it has the old Galahad's armament.

Anyway I'm trying to decide if any of the other mechs could be said to be similarly inspired. Like how the Summoner is a bit like a Thunderbolt in its look, or how the Hellbringer feels like it's based on the Warhammer (or how the Timber Wolf is in fact a Catapult with Marauder arms).

The Vapor Eagle is the one that's bugging me. Because it really feels like it could have been an IS mech, but I'm not really sure which one fits best. It's fast, and has one main gun and couple of secondary guns, and some infantry options.

Could easily be a mech with a main laser/PPC, pair of missile launchers, and maybe a pair of smalls? It's a bit like a Wyvern, but that's the best I could come up with.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I feel like it could have the Oosik logo on one side and the Urbie on the other.

Oosiks. Semper Erecti. or Semper Durum.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I feel like it could have the Oosik logo on one side and the Urbie on the other.

Oosiks. Semper Erecti. or Semper Durum.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10TnH35jZ_HUlwu_a9R51x2xxJqjsOFAm/view?usp=drivesdk

I could see this either at the bottom or going around the coin's edge, like ya do.

"Cum rigida atque obstinatum"

Edit: Also, @Tox, I wish I could speak intelligently on that topic.

Edit2: I'll wait til I actually have a collection to revisit this. https://hardwarestudios.co/product/gepard-dropship/

Gepard-Dropship.png

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Soooo... After a terrible misadventure with decals... Anyone know where you can get custom made ones?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Soooo... After a terrible misadventure with decals... Anyone know where you can get custom made ones?
    https://m.ebay.com/seller?sid=madcattog

This is who I'm going through for a sheet of the Oosik skulls. $10. Water slide decals. Also I have no idea how those work.

Apparently in this listing he's doing unit and number decals for someone.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battletech-miniatures-Clan-and-IS-Insignia-decals-jshore76-only/202761410717?hash=item2f3585989d:g:tnwAAOSwY8ldXStX

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    I stupidly got another GOAC box and Beginner box.

Right now I split the two lances in my first box by points, so they're both totally evenly balanced against each other. With an extra box should I split the next set the same way with regards to painting? So you have two Oosik lances and two X lances?

The split is based on Alpha Strike points.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    I stupidly got another GOAC box and Beginner box.

Right now I split the two lances in my first box by points, so they're both totally evenly balanced against each other. With an extra box should I split the next set the same way with regards to painting? So you have two Oosik lances and two X lances?

The split is based on Alpha Strike points.

8 Oosiks vs 8 scrubs

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    If you need an easy OpFor to play against the Oosiks, look no further than the Draconis Combine Sword of Light regiments.

Flat red paint job, zero wacky camo, and plentiful opponents since Talisker is surrounded by Drac territory.

• Options
    Nice! My only idea had been to set them up as Rasalhaguans as OPFOR or, if I needed them for a bigger campaign, as the employer's forces.
    https://unitcolorcompendium.com/kavalleri/

Then again, I may have screwed that all up with the addition of the two Beginner Box mechs.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Also useful opfor because canonically the Sword of Light is a big 'ol bag of dicks.

• Options
    Nice! My only idea had been to set them up as Rasalhaguans as OPFOR or, if I needed them for a bigger campaign, as the employer's forces.
    https://unitcolorcompendium.com/kavalleri/

Then again, I may have screwed that all up with the addition of the two Beginner Box mechs.

Clearly you need a second beginner box

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Also useful opfor because canonically the Sword of Light is a big 'ol bag of dicks.

Which unit murdered all 48 million on a planet in MW4?

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    They may have been referencing the historical (well, in universe) Kentares Massacre which was done by the 2nd Sword of Light.

(Never played it myself, but I noticed it was set on/around Kentares IV during the Fedcom civil war).