As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Budget gaming headset.

Can someone help me find a relatively cheap(about 100$) gaming headset?
I don't really care that much about the audion quality, but I need it to have good microphone(for gaming, mostly) and good durability. I own my current headset for only half a year, and I have a problem with the right side going off sporadically(granted, you shouldn't expect much from a ~40$ headset, but still). I've been looking at Razer Kraken, but I'm not sure they are good.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The Playstation Gold headset was on sale on Amazon, I dunno if it still is. Its regular price is a hundred bucks anyway, and it's USB so it works on Windows. It might even work on XBOne, you'd have to ask someone who knows, though. It's getting rave reviews in the PS4 thread.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I got a pair of Turtle Beach for $35 some time ago and its lasted me well, even put up with being stuffed in my backpack and carried around campus. Even came with an audio extension cord.

• Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    The Playstation Gold headset was on sale on Amazon, I dunno if it still is. Its regular price is a hundred bucks anyway, and it's USB so it works on Windows. It might even work on XBOne, you'd have to ask someone who knows, though. It's getting rave reviews in the PS4 thread.

It's a great headset for $100 (I use it), but just know that on PC or mobile devices you won't get the 7.1 surround sound. So for PC it's good, not great. It kicks ass on the PS4 though.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    For headsets, it depends on what you're looking for. For PC only, I'd go for the logitech wireless headset. Long charge, under a hundred, and the cord set up is nice (it gives you a base for the usb dongle). I've had the Razer Charciras or whatever, but I didn't like the microphone.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Here is what I use: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/8391?crid=36

Works for my purposes.

Bigity on
  • Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Thanks everyone for answers. I got myself Razer Kraken. It serves my purpose well, but I guess the price is a bit too high for its quality.

steam_sig.png