As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread only got a C rank. Shameful. Find the new one.

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    In the Legend mode stage, you can use the groosenator to bring him down, but that option won't exist in adventure

I hope that also means that he doesn't rise up in the air and become unhittable as he takes down a whole keep.

As far as I've seen, he's only appeared in the kill focused stages of adventure mode, not in missions with keeps

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I like to hang back and lob bombs at his toes when his electric radius increases. It causes him to charge his static electricity attack, which is the perfect time to rush in and smash his toes unharmed.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Sheik completely trivialises the Imprisoned, but then again, she completely trivialises most opponents.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Yeah those buffs are so useful! Whether you need to take little damage, or all hits are devastating, she's got tools for dealing with it.

Also. Lana's special is excruciatingly slow for such little payoff. Stupid deku tree.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Yeah those buffs are so useful! Whether you need to take little damage, or all hits are devastating, she's got tools for dealing with it.

Also. Lana's special is excruciatingly slow for such little payoff. Stupid deku tree.
    There's either a sweet spot in the cone, or just on water recommended levels, the deku tree super is one of the hardest hitting specials in the game. Elites that would otherwise take a long time to kill were only a special or two to kill instead.

Other than that sweet spot or specific element though, yeah, the range and general damage it does is pretty bad compared to the range and damage of her book and summoning gate supers.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Pretty sneaky dick move, Hyrule warriors. Pretty sneaky.

Giving me a mission with two damage effect keeps, but only one fairy for the two of them. Sneaky.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Do you actually have to be inside a keep to lower it's health? I remember doing some big AOE combos against an officer outside a keep and having some of it kill some grunts inside. When I stepped in the keep had some damage, but that could be because some of my own grunts were in it trying to take it as well. But I noticed only allied officers/named warriors ever effectively take keeps on their own.

• Options
    Do you actually have to be inside a keep to lower it's health? I remember doing some big AOE combos against an officer outside a keep and having some of it kill some grunts inside. When I stepped in the keep had some damage, but that could be because some of my own grunts were in it trying to take it as well. But I noticed only allied officers/named warriors ever effectively take keeps on their own.

You need to kill enemies inside a keep to lower its health - if you can do that while you're actually outside it, good for you.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Thankfully, it was the enemy's main base, so I just had to defeat the commander, so I just knocked him outside and proceded to juggle him to death.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Pretty sneaky dick move, Hyrule warriors. Pretty sneaky.

Giving me a mission with two damage effect keeps, but only one fairy for the two of them. Sneaky.

Not the fairy's fault you can only afford one trick from her :)

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    You know that adventure map right under Lanas first summoning gate, I found the A rank champion of that map and its Impa with a Naginata (rank 2, or if your good rank 3). you'll bust down weakpoints like no ones business and burn toes right off the imprisoned with barely any risk.

throw fire (strong attack) at his toes till they pop, then throw two more fires on him at his weakpoint and combo him like normal and repeat, outside of him maybe cheating with his crawl around bs you shouldn't get hit cause you dont need to get close until he falls over from not having toes.

With Gohma and Argorok when their weakpoints are exposed throw two strong attacks one after the other, then follow up with Charge 4? the one where she throws down the naginata and its splits and then continues picking up each piece and attacking with them till she slams down on all them in the middle, this will break the weakpoint in one go.

My impa was level 40 with a 3star rank 2 naginata and rank 2 weakpoint badge.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    I'm slowly figuring out the Smithy system, in that it's way less complicated than I think it is. I was afraid of just wasting stuff if I didn't know what I was doing for a few levels, until the weapon drop rate got better.

I do that with Zelda games. Spend ages concocting bizarre solutions for puzzles and then suddenly realising I'm looking past the obvious whatever.

Is there something I'm missing about the Adventure Mode map, regarding knowing which item card to search with, or should I just stock up on compasses to use on every search?

Are the places you would use the candle the same areas where you would burn bushes in the original Zelda? That would be cool.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Most of the map are the secrets in the original legend of zelda.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Uggh, the mission for Zant's rank 3 weapon. Enemies just have so much health. Is there a way to handle it other than just level grinding a bunch?

Anyone know what time the DLC comes out?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Raybies666 wrote: »
    I'm slowly figuring out the Smithy system, in that it's way less complicated than I think it is. I was afraid of just wasting stuff if I didn't know what I was doing for a few levels, until the weapon drop rate got better.

I do that with Zelda games. Spend ages concocting bizarre solutions for puzzles and then suddenly realising I'm looking past the obvious whatever.

Is there something I'm missing about the Adventure Mode map, regarding knowing which item card to search with, or should I just stock up on compasses to use on every search?

Are the places you would use the candle the same areas where you would burn bushes in the original Zelda? That would be cool.

The secrets are either all of the places they were in the original Zelda or they are incredibly obvious (like the great big X where you use the digging mitts)

Only exception might be the things you have to push, since you use the bracelet for statues and gravestones as well as heavy rocks.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Thinking about the fact that Ganondorf usually has the Triforce of Power, but somehow he doesn't by default in this game, and you have to get it from Lana.

I want them to mix up the pieces sometime.

Maybe through some sort of guile, Ganondorf manages to swap his Power for Zelda's Wisdom, leaving him significantly less powerful but a much more wily, dangerous foe, more of a chessmaster. Meanwhile, Power begins to corrupt Zelda, who becomes less of a wise ruler and more of an iron fist type. Perhaps the first leg of the game is stopping Zelda from going down a dark path and convincing her to give Link her piece, or even trade with Link so he ends up with Power, and Zelda needs all the Courage she can get.

And then seeing that reflected in the kind of abilities each of them get...it could be a much more flashy, action-focused game for Link, while Ganondorf appears smaller, thinner, older, wiser.

I had my own idea for a shake-up of the normal Triforce dynamics, though nothing so extreme as changing who owns what.

The game opens with basically the same scenario as Link to the Past: Ganondorf has marched on into Hyrule Castle, and Link acts on a mysterious impulse to grab a sword and shield and set things right. He fights his way to the throne room, and because he's got three hearts and none of his special tools, Ganondorf chump-slaps him unconscious and throws him into the dungeon. All according to plan: Ganondorf knew that if he threatened the kingdom, the guy with the Triforce of Courage would pretty much have to show up eventually. Unfortunately, the princess's handmaiden got her out of the castle in the confusion, but, eh, he didn't really need her anyway except as a hostage. With the Triforce of Courage secure, he can muster his forces to find the Triforce of Wisdom...

That is to say, it's a Zelda game where you actually play as Zelda, due to Ganondorf either not being aware that she's the one with the Triforce of Wisdom, or, for some other reason, she legitimately doesn't have it and has to go get it over the course of the adventure.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Hopefully the seasonpass thing is still available after the first dlc releases.. Im not done with the current map so I dont feel the need to buy it yet since most of the stuff sounds like its on the dlc map

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Reminder that tomorrow the Master Quest DLC hits

khbmc3jqqmxl.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Do you guys know about the leveling/rupee/etc. pseudo-exploit? I saw it at GameFAQs, seems useful.
    You can cheese the reward map you unlock after finishing the first picture panel, True Partners.

You're told at the start to go recruit one of your female friends, and then all the rest of them become enemies to kill. Normally this would be pretty difficult since they can all come at you at once and it's a fairly enemy-dense map...but if you simply wait at the start, go kill random enemies for about 7 minutes, all the ladies will have remained neutral for all that time. This means they've been fighting monsters rather than allying with them, and losing health steadily. After 7 minutes they'll all be at 1-5% health and die very quickly, except for Midna under the Goddess Statue, who is more protected than the rest and is recommended to be the partner you choose due to her higher health. Go around and mop up, go down south and kill Dark Link, and you're done. 40k rupees richer, plus all the materials from the ladies and possibly weapons, and 3 or more level ups per run. You can use equipment skills and the apothecary on it too to earn better rewards.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    first of the dlc trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG_yjcdnCI8

It looks like at the end maybe japan is also getting the season pass and dark link?

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    At the end I saw some new dlc outfits that were revealed before and...
    An 8-bit white sword for Zelda!?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    From the descriptions I've seen elsewhere, there are a whole bunch of 8-bit weapons

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Also an 8-bit Red Candle rod for Link :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    They need to do one where everything is 8-bit. Like 3D Dot Game Heroes.

• Options
    I think i have a weird love-hate relationship with this game. A lot of time while I'm playing it I'm like "ugh" and then I stop playing and an hour later I'm like "man I could go one more round."

I beat the story mode and finished the first skulltula panel (which is finished up by doing the first 2 story mode stages again on hard). Still don't have much of the adventure map done. It seems like a real pain, I hate having to go for gold. If it was all just pass/fail I would like it a whole lot more.

Not sure what my next goal should be. I could grind for XP to make adventure mode easier, but at the same time I want to do adventure mode now to get all the weapons so I can unlock the Master Sword's skill. But that's a really long term thing I guess, with a lot of people saying that some weapons are super tough to get.

Is adventure something where I should go around and merely finish every stage and ignore getting the good rewards, and then make a second pass later? That would let me get through it in a more relaxed way and I could pick and choose the good rewards to go for at the end...but that would be really time-consuming.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I managed to beat Agitha's rank 3 mission on my first try. Never thought I'd be able to do that! If you're having trouble with Agitha in general, just do the following: BBY, cancel out of the last part of the animation (when the circle of light appears), then do the same combo again and just repeating that. It's a fairly safe and effective way of dealing with stronger enemies.

Zant's rank 3 mission on the other hand..holy shit. No idea how I'm supposed to get an A rank on that without grossly overleveling him. I was doing a pitiful amount of damage and needed over 20 minutes to beat the mission.

Maz- on
  • Options
    What kind of levels seem to be required throughout adventure mode? Does the hardest stuff require level 60, or 70, or what.

• Options
    I think i have a weird love-hate relationship with this game. A lot of time while I'm playing it I'm like "ugh" and then I stop playing and an hour later I'm like "man I could go one more round."

I beat the story mode and finished the first skulltula panel (which is finished up by doing the first 2 story mode stages again on hard). Still don't have much of the adventure map done. It seems like a real pain, I hate having to go for gold. If it was all just pass/fail I would like it a whole lot more.

Not sure what my next goal should be. I could grind for XP to make adventure mode easier, but at the same time I want to do adventure mode now to get all the weapons so I can unlock the Master Sword's skill. But that's a really long term thing I guess, with a lot of people saying that some weapons are super tough to get.

Is adventure something where I should go around and merely finish every stage and ignore getting the good rewards, and then make a second pass later? That would let me get through it in a more relaxed way and I could pick and choose the good rewards to go for at the end...but that would be really time-consuming.

I initially just went around Adventure mode with 2 goals; open as much of the map as I could, and reveal all the secrets.

Going that route leveled Link to badass stature. Enabling network mode netted me enough rupees to dojo train characters to sufficient level beaters stature.

Now the whole adventure mode map is falling into place without it feeling like a chore.

And I still grind certain levels for materials. Specifically the quiz battles.

I suppose I should complete the skulltulla challenge at some point. My understanding is the bonus missions are great for farming materials.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    To do the harder ones comfortably without barely scraping by and pulling your hair out I'd say levels upwards of 70 easily. I'll second Zant's rank 3 mission as one in particular that is just stupidly hard for no reason, and my Zant is like level 56 or so.

• Options
    What kind of levels seem to be required throughout adventure mode? Does the hardest stuff require level 60, or 70, or what.

I've cleared most of the harder missions around level 40-50 or so.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Maz- wrote: »
    I managed to beat Agitha's rank 3 mission on my first try. Never thought I'd be able to do that! If you're having trouble with Agitha in general, just do the following: BBY, cancel out of the last part of the animation (when the circle of light appears), then do the same combo again and just repeating that. It's a fairly safe and effective way of dealing with stronger enemies.

Zant's rank 3 mission on the other hand..holy shit. No idea how I'm supposed to get an A rank on that without grossly overleveling him. I was doing a pitiful amount of damage and needed over 20 minutes to beat the mission.

What level is your Zant? What strategy are you using? I just got his lvl 2 wep, and that took only two tries. I find the best base clearer is his jumpy combo, since it gathers up mooks with every hit, then blast them with a Dragon Ball Z-esq energy ball. After I fill his meter up doing this, I do the spin attack to get the rest of the base. For generals and commanders, I often use the totem pole attack, since it seems to do good damage and he can't be tagged by mooks whole doing. Once his meter is full, I will use his energy cannon attack, if I think I can position myself to not take damage while doing it. His last combo, the one where he grows huge and stomps, seems to do great damage and shatter weak points, but your vilnerable while doing it.

EDIT: What is the nomeclature for discussing attacks in this game? I don't want to type out the whole description for every attack.

Nobeard on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Nobeard wrote: »
    EDIT: What is the nomeclature for discussing attacks in this game? I don't want to type out the whole description for every attack.

I think a lot of old school Warriors players would say BBY, BBBY (or their button equivalents), or combo 2, combo 3, but I don't think any of us are hardcore into it enough to know what that means for every character just by reading it. It's easier for me to visualize the attack, like Link's fire rod flamethrower, that sort of thing.

Does everyone else mostly just use the same combo over and over for each character? Find the best one and repeat forever? That's kind of what I'm doing. With Link I always do the combo where he does a sword spin up into the air, then hit B a few times to hit enemies in the air, then hold Y to do a down stab and charge up a big running spin I can use anywhere.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So the Master Quest DLC pack is out now? I chickened out and bought the season pass last night in fear of it disappearing. Can't wait to try it out tonight, even though I haven't unlocked much in the base game.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    I vary combos based on the situation. "All Attacks are Devastating" levels get a good dose of Link's BBY back flip sword shot combo. I like the rising spinning attack for close quarters hordes.

And of course his rushing shield attack gets much love for approaching raider hordes.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Maz- wrote: »

What level is your Zant? What strategy are you using? I just got his lvl 2 wep, and that took only two tries. I find the best base clearer is his jumpy combo, since it gathers up mooks with every hit, then blast them with a Dragon Ball Z-esq energy ball. After I fill his meter up doing this, I do the spin attack to get the rest of the base. For generals and commanders, I often use the totem pole attack, since it seems to do good damage and he can't be tagged by mooks whole doing. Once his meter is full, I will use his energy cannon attack, if I think I can position myself to not take damage while doing it. His last combo, the one where he grows huge and stomps, seems to do great damage and shatter weak points, but your vilnerable while doing it.

He's level 45. For base clearing I just needed to use his spin attack with a full meter, but that wasn't really the issue.

The totem pole attack seemed decent, yeah, but I had some trouble hitting specific enemies with it. Maybe it's just a matter of practice. The "grow huge" attack also seemed pretty good, but I was taking too much damage while using it and ended up with a B rank for damage taken at the end of the mission.
    Near the end of the fight with the commander (Ghirahim I think) I just ended up using his regular B combo and it worked surprisingly well.

Anyway, I'll put that mission aside for now and focus on the DLC.

I think a lot of old school Warriors players would say BBY, BBBY (or their button equivalents), or combo 2, combo 3, but I don't think any of us are hardcore into it enough to know what that means for every character just by reading it. It's easier for me to visualize the attack, like Link's fire rod flamethrower, that sort of thing.

Does everyone else mostly just use the same combo over and over for each character? Find the best one and repeat forever? That's kind of what I'm doing. With Link I always do the combo where he does a sword spin up into the air, then hit B a few times to hit enemies in the air, then hold Y to do a down stab and charge up a big running spin I can use anywhere.

Different combos are useful for different situations. For Link's sword & shield, I use BY to juggle officers, BBBY for giant boss weakpoints and BBBBY for clearing hordes of weaker enemies.

Maz- on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So is cia's DLC costume even more awkwardly naked then the original?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options

I think a lot of old school Warriors players would say BBY, BBBY, or combo 2, combo 3, but I don't think any of us are hardcore into it enough to know what that means for every character just by reading it. It's easier for me to visualize the attack, like Link's fire rod flamethrower, that sort of thing.

That's how I think about the combos in my head, with combo 1 meaning the combo after 1 basic attack. What is meant by "musou"? Is that the yellow bar special attack, or the green bar special attack that opens the weak point up?

As for each character, I like to experiment with the moves and see what I like and what works. As for links sword moves, I like is combo2 (the ranged slash) because it's quick, safe, and does good damage. It's good for clearing keeps. I also like his combo4 shield charge for clearing keeps, and it triggers his light element damage. I tend to not use the running spin because it does not do much damage. It does a great job of grouping up mooks to be gibbed, though, so it's useful.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    azith28 wrote: »
    So is cia's DLC costume even more awkwardly naked then the original?

No it looks much better. Its that white one above in the video.

Is this the patch that gives us the three extra villain characters?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Yes. That's the free part. Also lets you auto-skip all cutscenes.

• Options
    Yes. That's the free part. Also lets you auto-skip all cutscenes.
    Oh my dear sweet lord yes. SO aggravating for the clear x within y time maps to have everything stop for manmolester to arrive in a cut scene.