As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Sorry for the triple-post but I figure some of you who dig Kamen Rider OOO may be interested in this.

Jm5wXPs.jpg

Bandai's releasing in May 2020 a wearable version of Ankh's floating hand-self. As said, this will fit on like a glove and come with two pairs of the TaToBa Core Medals with one pair able to emit lines from Ankh himself. All your's for 14,500 yen/$133 bucks.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Anyone wanna take a look at the first set of personal upgrades for two of Kamen Rider Zero-One's Riders?
    tK49ygr.jpg

According to earlier toy-catalogs, Zero-One's first upgrade is Shining Hopper (the small 01 figure there) while Vulcan gets Assault Wolf. What's interesting is that Zero-One can actually combine these two forms to create Shining Assault Hopper.

• Options
    Two additional characters were revealed for the Zi-O/Zero-One movie.
    V1bH8j9.jpg

Rina Ikoma plays Finis, a new Time Jacker that for some reason wants to prevent the Daybreak incident and thus creates Another Zero-One. Toshiro Wada plays the other new character, Will. He was the Humagear secretary to Aurto's granddad and knows the secrets behind Zero-One's birth but somehow ends up taking over as CEO of Hiden in the changed timeline.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I apparently missed this a week or two ago.

QQ1Prb7.jpg

Bandai's releasing their third non-henshined figure for the Kamen Rider S.H. Figuarts line in the form of Ankh's human-self. No clue yet if it works with the floating-hand Ankh they've released previously but it does come with what you see here. You can pick it up in May 2020 much like the wearable glove above. Makes one wonder if they're planning on having the character show up again around that time seeing what's being released.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    From what I remember with mine, the hand Ankh has the same joints at the wrist and elbow as the other Figuarts. I know you can swap it onto others, because there were a lot of pics of that stuff at the time. It even comes with the same three popsicles.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Bandai's releasing their third non-henshined figure for the Kamen Rider S.H. Figuarts line in the form of Ankh's human-self. No clue yet if it works with the floating-hand Ankh they've released previously but it does come with what you see here. You can pick it up in May 2020 much like the wearable glove above. Makes one wonder if they're planning on having the character show up again around that time seeing what's being released.

More Ankh and Eiji is never a bad thing.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    A new trailer for Zi-O/Zero-One's movie came out and it revealed another new Rider, one using a Key revealed earlier for the movie.
    LP1DAwA.png
    oEhrE8q.jpg

It seems in the altered timeline, the Humagear based on Aruto's dad is handed the Rocking Hopper Zetsumerise Key, letting him become what's apparently called Kamen Rider Type-One. This looks to be a nod of sorts to Kamen Rider 1, in particular since it seems that Zero-One won't be the only non-Heisei Rider to get his own Another. Take a good look at this new movie poster to see for yourselves.

• Options
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I look forward to some sympathetic backstory for our favorite Vice-President.

• Options

Remember when TsuPro said they were gonna try to make Ultraman more popular in the west

• Options
    A new trailer for Zi-O's after-series special came up. Putting it in the box due to form spoilers on the video's screencap.

New Zero-One magazines scans are up as well.
    LiqFmCK.jpg

As seen at the end of this week's episode, Zero-One's first personal upgrade is Shining Hopper. It's finisher is Shining Mega Impact which leaves the enemy with multiple bootprints from Zero-One thanks to flash-copies of himself.

IQumNdU.jpg

Not willing to fall behind to Hiden's personal Rider, AIMS and more importantly Vulcan will get his own upgrade in the form of the Assault Wolf Progrise Key, letting him access his Assault Wolf form.

5Dletzr.jpg

Of course those that have seen certain toy scans know this isn't the endpoint for these forms as Zero-One can borrow a piece of the Assault Wolf Key called the Assault Grip and combine it with the Shining Hopper Key in order to create Shining Assault Hopper. It's not known yet if this will leave Assault Wolf weakened or completely unusable for Vulcan.

nvkyBX1.jpg

Zero-One's Hyper-Battle DVD is also coming out in December and with it it's own Progrise Key, Hopping Kangaroo. What secrets is this form hiding within it's metal pouch?

• Options
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    A better look at Zero-One's next in-series Rider has come up thanks to packaging for the action figure.
    KLvNTfl.jpg

It's been noted that the helmet has changed a bit in coloring in comparison to the toy catalog that had Thouser's Driver.

skU45ii.jpg

• Options
    So it looks like Kamen Rider Zero-One's next-in-series Rider that was mentioned above isn't.
    bnYhvIa.jpg

This is Kamen Rider Ikazuchi, based off of the Dodo Zetsumrise Key. However...

u0WjlVh.jpg

...it's apparently not the Key's previous owner behind the mask as his actor was given his farewell flowers. Someone also noticed by the way that the names of the now three MetsubouJinrai.net Riders match up with the kanji used for the name of the group itself as well as leaving space for one more.
    Something of note: with Ikazuchi, we now have 3 of the 4 kanji for MetsubouJinrai.net

滅 - Horobi

迅 - Jin
    雷 - Ikazuchi

I remember before Zero-One began, a few users theorized that maybe all four will be used as riders and we are now 3/4ths of the way there

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Gotta say, i'm very happy about the proliferation of Riders in this - multi-rider shows are usually the good ones (probably because of all the delicious inter-personal conflict).

Zero-One is defintely a treat so far. It's a bit more of a slow burn than build was, but it feels like it's heading towards a point where it's going to go all powder keg. Which, you know, i call this a good thing

• Options

Time to Wake Up with the next CSM belt, coming from Kamen Rider Kiva this time. The belt comes with Kivat, Kiva's six Fuestles and eyes to replace Kivat's solid red when form-change Fuestles are used. Tatsulot will also be made by CSM, coming with his Fuestle and another pair of eye-replacements for Kivat. Kivat and Tatsulot can also chat with each other when brought near one another.

• Options
    This week's episode of Kamen Rider Zero-One showed off the other new Another Rider in his team-up movie with Zi-O. You may feel some deja-vu if you've seen a certain pair of movies.
    U2Vh6iu.jpg

Those being Movie Wars Core and Zi-O/Build's team-up movie.

• Options
    Which toku should I watch next?

I’ve seen

Ultraman Ginga to current, plus the Zero movies

Kamen Rider Decade to current except for Wizard (plus Amazons)

Sentai: Zyu to Gingaman, Shinkenger to current except for Gosei, Ninnin, and Akiba

Korea’s Legend Heroes series

Tokusatsu Gagaga (technically a drama, but whatevs it rules and is toku adjacent)

Never seen a Garo or Metal Heroes, loved the Gridman anime but never seen the toku (but might save it till before the next anime comes back for my Gridman rewatch)

Never seen Kanpai Senshi After V

Will definitely watch Gogo V at some point, but it’s been a Sentai-heavy year for me

Leaning towards Garo, Wizard, or After V

• Options
    I can recommend Den-O though it's certainly not a typical KR series in that they have an explicit top villain from the get-go. It always felt more like a case-by-case situation up until the end. It's movies for the most part always matter to it's canon too with the 'team-up' film with Kiva being the odd one out. Akibaranger's certainly worth a watch too despite it being a short pair of seasons.

• Options
    I’ve been saving Akiba until I’d seen enough Sentai for the parody to make sense

I’m probably there by now, though I think I read that Dekaranger specifically was important for it?

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
  • Options
    Kabuto and Faiz are some of my earlier faves.

You could also watch Kamen Rider G in one sitting, if you haven't already!

Cutie Honey: The Live is also fun, especially if you watch it after Faiz.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    No color timer, huh

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Kabuto and Faiz are some of my earlier faves.

Kabuto looks cool but I heard things get a bit incoherent as it nears the ending. Faiz on the other hand is one of the stronger 'world of jackasses' stories in Kamen Rider thanks in part to head writer Toshiki Inoue keeping a finger over the miscommunication button on his keyboard.

• Options
    Everyone is having a bad time in Faiz. It's great!

Kabuto has several plotlines that get dropped without warning. However, it also has really rad suits and belts, cool characters and the awesome slomo fights.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Everyone is having a bad time in Faiz. It's great!

Kabuto has several plotlines that get dropped without warning. However, it also has really rad suits and belts, cool characters and the awesome slomo fights.

CAST OFF.

A while back on youtube there were these great compilations of every henshin and (usually) some of it's debut fight. Sadly, Toei seems to have eaten them all

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Kabuto is great until the end, which ends in a bit of a mess, but if I recall didnt the main actress quit and really screw up half of their plans? Either way its probably my #3 show in spite of that. Best suits and probably best OP in all of Rider.

Faiz is great if youre OK with everyone hating each other. The Orphonoch designs are all spectacular, and the plot fees the most consistent of all the pre-Decade Riders.

Blade is also amazing, great suits, good Monster designs, fun story. Great characters. You just need to suffer through the first 6-8 episodes. Then they change showrunners and right the ship.

Agito is 'fine' but I think its starting to show its age 21 years later.

On the Sentai side I really liked Gokaiger, even if I didnt understand half of the references or homages. Pirate Sentai was too good a theme for me to care

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I recommend Ryuki for fun Rider on Rider violence

It's got some great characters and interactions, and a real menacing evil Rider

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Or you could just watch the Emmy Award Winning Kamen Rider Dragon Knight instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drXMlZTN6xI

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Thanks to a clothing ad, Zero-One's next personal upgrade has been spotted.
    B2SLxtL.jpg

• Options
    Also it's ending after 27 episodes, being immediately followed up by
    Kamen Rider Winger

• Options
    Also it's ending after 27 episodes, being immediately followed up by
    Kamen Rider Winger

Wait what? Source?

• Options
    @WeedLordVegeta Seriously, is that a meme or something? i cannot find any refrences to it some i'm a bit wha?

• Options
    The winger thing is a joke but 27 episodes is being strongly suggested by multiple sources

• Options
    Yeah, people think it’s either a new series or a Zero One season two or something, the current title seems to be ending at 27

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Yeah, people think it’s either a new series or a Zero One season two or something, the current title seems to be ending at 27

Man, i hope we get a S2 or something, because Zero-One has been stellar so far. I'd hate to see it end so early. I wonder why on earth it's possibly ending early?

• Options
    Honestly I’m loving Zero One and would be happy to see it end early. These year long shows always have a lull. Ultraman goes for 25 and is better for it

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

If Gaim was 29 episodes it would be amongst my favorite shows ever

This discussion has been closed.