Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Onari owns

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    woah, let's not say things we can't take back

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Akiko, Poppy, and Onari are all good and fun characters

Fight me

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Wait are there people who don't like Poppy?

Who are these monsters

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

I'm not saying they're gay but I'm saying they're in love and want to kiss each other

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm having OOO flashbacks.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I'm trying to watch Build but I am very distracted.

Wait, this belt sounds familiar...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Hmmm

Should I watch Decade if I haven't (and have no real plans to) watched any of the earlier series, or will it not make any real sense / have any emotional weight to it?

I just got W but figured I'd go back one further if it's worth it.

• Options
    I like decade a lot

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    Hmmm

Should I watch Decade if I haven't (and have no real plans to) watched any of the earlier series, or will it not make any real sense / have any emotional weight to it?

I just got W but figured I'd go back one further if it's worth it.

So last year I decided to go back (after having watched Gaim and then Drive) and watch W, OOO, and Fourze. I saw that Decade was only 30 episodes and thought it might be educational like Gokaiger was, even though I had heard it was bad

I actually regret watching it. It is the boring-est. I'm not even giving Wizard and Ninninger a shot because I learned from Decade that if I'm warned a toku is bad, it's probably bad

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Decade's fine but keep in mind that the realities he visits (outside of Den-O's) are alternate takes on the actual ones seen in the various Riders' series. So what you see for better or worse isn't how things went in that respective show. As long as you're ok with that, then it should be fine. Oh, and Decade's finale takes place in a movie rather then in the show itself.

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So last year I decided to go back (after having watched Gaim and then Drive) and watch W, OOO, and Fourze. I saw that Decade was only 30 episodes and thought it might be educational like Gokaiger was, even though I had heard it was bad

I actually regret watching it. It is the boring-est. I'm not even giving Wizard and Ninninger a shot because I learned from Decade that if I'm warned a toku is bad, it's probably bad

Yeah I haven't watched Wizard and don't really plan on it, but I hadn't heard anyone really say Decade was bad. If it's that bad, I'd have no real problem skipping it.
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Decade's fine but keep in mind that the realities he visits (outside of Den-O's) are alternate takes on the actual ones seen in the various Riders' series. So what you see for better or worse isn't how things went in that respective show. As long as you're ok with that, then it should be fine. Oh, and Decade's finale takes place in a movie rather then in the show itself.

The alternate reality stuff isn't a real problem for me. I'm more worried that like, jokes and/or plot make no sense because they are references to things that happened in the series themselves.

And the movie thing is fine with me too. It would have sucked if I'd watched it live since it would involve like, an extra freaking year of waiting for a bluray to sub.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I watched Go Busters even though I heard it was mostly bad, just because I liked the look of it. And yeah, it's mostly bad. I kind of regret watching it.

Edit: nice intro song though

Renzo on
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Go Busters is good though!

A little long in places, but i will not condone anyone disparaging Beet J Stag

• Options
    I like wizard for its characters

Same goes for decade

• Options

Same goes for decade

I did like Decade, Diend, and Natsume. The legacy Rider kid did nothing for me

The plot was nonsense though

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

Same goes for decade

I did like Decade, Diend, and Natsume. The legacy Rider kid did nothing for me

The plot was nonsense though

5HQgbC8.jpg

• Options
    Decade is great. It was my first show.

If you have the time, just glance at the wiki for each show when their episode shows up. Maybe watch the 'all henshin' video for it, too. 90% of jokes and references will land, but I enjoyed researching to get the more obscure ones.

The Decade net show spinoff, now there's something you have to watch with notes or a forum or review open. That has some really obscure references.

There's also like 20 Decade movies, and most are fun.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I was always a sucker for how nonchalant Decade's henshin was.

Also this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGtywvNCZ08

• Options
    The belt, cards, sounds and attacks are all top tier as well.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Decade was also my first rider show. Sure the plot is a mess written around whatever actors they could get to show up, but is a fun mess and even the ridiculous "the rider transforms into a toy" attacks are cool.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFH85BfKDZk

Build's opening credits are up for the moment. Take a look before it's yanked down.

• Options
    Kyuranger and Geed have both been really good the past few weeks. I'm not as down on Kyuranger these days

The Geed ending credits theme is really good and always makes me kind of emotional?

Anyway, Build isn't super interesting yet, but I did come across this speculation that would make things very interesting if true

• Options

Build is definitely the cutest suit in awhile

• Options
    edited September 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfPmIEKlu8

Sorry for not posting this sooner but it wasn't until yesterday that I got power back thanks to Hurricane Irma. Anyway, here's a cool promo for the Complete Selection Modification version of the Kaixa Gear from 'Kamen Rider Faiz', featuring the bastard Rider a lot of fans love to hate showing it off. Those that want the belt will have to shell out 48,600 yen for it or about 440 dollars States-side.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Damn, I only lost power for like 3 days. Good you made it through fellow Florida Man

So Build has started now right? Impressions?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    That commercial was great up until the ending.

Too soon.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Damn, I only lost power for like 3 days. Good you made it through fellow Florida Man

So Build has started now right? Impressions?

Right off the bat, I feel Build himself is a cheeky dude but I like him so far. Best moment for me so far involving him is in Episode 3...
    ...when Ryuga, upset over Sento going to face a Smash rather then focus on finding the prison-guard that set him (Ryuga) up for experimentation, asks what Sento thinks is more important; finding his missing memories or helping people as Build. The fact that Sento immediately answers 'Duh, Build' says pretty much everything you need to know about the guy.

By the way, has anyone heard the theory floating around about Sento...
    ...having been meant to be a spider-related Smash if not a Faust executive because of Night-Rogue and Blood-Stark covering two-thirds of the classic KR Spider/Bat/Cobra monster trio and Sento's Smash-essence-capture Bottles have webbing detailed on them?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I am really digging build so far. The suit designs and characters are both fun. Curious to see where it goes - Hopefully it doesn't drop the ball like ghost did.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
  • Options
    Thought I'd post this quick before Comcast goes down in my area again: a proper look at the new villain that was mostly hidden in last week's episode of Build.
    9HlknhZ.jpg

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps all three areas of the splintered Japan has a Faust-exec watching over it with Touto being under Night-Rogue's authority while Seito is under Blood-Stark's domain.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Dang that suit looks rad

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    The new form parade continues in next week's Build with the debut of this one.
    I0TV1zS.jpg

Can't wait to see how NinninComic works in the grand scheme of things compared to the heavy-bruiser GorillaMond and the ranged-flyer HawkGattling.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Sorry for the double-post but someone caught Beverly & PANDORA performing the full version (and possibly a bit more) of Be The One on video so catch it before it's yanked.

https://youtu.be/-244NJe-Pqg

EDIT: Found a full-body picture of next week's new form for Build, complete with a new weapon tied to it.
    NpPGMdX.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    That's a surprisingly good take on a comics form. Also they're doing a good job of keeping interest in this so far - now, whether they can sustain this over 40 something episodes...

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    xaOloEp.jpg

Renn Kiriyama and Masaki Suda are appearing together for the cover of October's Weekly Big Comic Spirits, the magazine the Kamen Rider Double manga's appearing in. Nice to see the two together again as their last shared appearance was six years ago in Movie War Megamax.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    I miss W. Can I rewatch it again for the first time please?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I'll watch it for the first time for you, if that helps.

After Decade.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.