Options

GIANT BOMB PIZZA PARTY. GOODBYE VINNY!

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Oh my god, when he aims at the camera and you can hear the gun clicking
    Then he just nonchalantly realoads...

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    End wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    The desktop shortcut for Steam Final Fantasy III doesn't work, which is the weirdest issue.

Instead of having the game's icon it's an icon of Earth, and it says that the "Internet shortcut is invalid".

do any desktop icons for steam games work?

the steam:// scheme registration probably got messed up on your machine. Fixing it would probably mean messing with your registry, or reinstalling steam, if steam doesn't have a thingy to fix it for you

My other ones seem to work fine.

Also wow this is a really, really slapdash port. It seems to basically run on an iPad emulator. Default keyboard controls are nnnnot good.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    With how tiny Giant Bomb is I would guess that "personality fit" trumps nearly every other hiring consideration at the end of the day.

Ultimately we just have to trust GB to know who would be best to hire for themselves.

Unless they don't hire the person I wanted hired in which case what a huge disappointment I guess they are not as cool as I thought

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Forget tribute videos, I've got the only Vinny video you ever need.

HIER CLICKEN

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It's a shame I found the DS version boring, because all the screens of FF3 PC are super super pretty.

• Options
    It's a shame I found the DS version boring, because all the screens of FF3 PC are super super pretty.

It's... not. It's really not. It's still the old DS models, but blown up on a PC screen, they really don't look any good. Even the menus haven't been remade in high resolution, they're just the iPad menus blown up with a smoothing filter.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Oh my god, when he aims at the camera and you can hear the gun clicking
    Then he just nonchalantly realoads...

I love Vinny's inability to not laughing at his own jokes. That entire first bit is just him struggling to not laugh.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I am irrationally disappointed over not even getting a stock rejection letter from CBSi.

• Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    You know what I love about Drew, he says all the stupid stuff that we're all thinking. There's a moment in today's Bombcast where, talking about Evolve, Jeff says "... but also, you are being hunted the whole time."

And Drew pipes up from the background, "... sir."

Darric on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I am irrationally disappointed over not even getting a stock rejection letter from CBSi.

Well if they just hired someone it might take a few days for a written letter to arrive in the mail. Most big places tend to send real letters.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

It's... not. It's really not. It's still the old DS models, but blown up on a PC screen, they really don't look any good. Even the menus haven't been remade in high resolution, they're just the iPad menus blown up with a smoothing filter.

Ugggh that is sheezy as hell then

The whole screenshots section of that steam page is full of generally awesome looking stuff, likely (given your statement) rendered from an entirely different machine than the one it is being sold fore

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    End wrote: »
    but brad pizza crust doesn't belong on the floor :<

You're right

It belongs in the garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpigjnKl7nI

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    Also to be fair, the fields look way better than the battles. On the field, it looks like an indie retro-ish RPG, the kind you'd, well, buy for 15 bucks on Steam.

Battles look kinda shit because the focus is on the characters.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    tumblr_n69d51qdmy1qz4zf7o1_1280.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Also another thing that's bothersome (but understandable) is that the blocking for the cinematics was done for the DS, meaning it really, REALLY puts the characters front and center on a big zoom. Like they're pretty much just characters taking up the entire screen, which looks gigantic and weird on a PC screen.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Finished one campaign in Wolfenstein. Immediately began the second.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Which one you doing now?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MrDapper wrote: »

So basically what I'm seeing here is a deathmatch, last survivor is hired scenario.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Which one you doing now?
    I saved Wyatt the first time around. Now I'm doing Fergus' timeline.

I wonder which crazy celebrity will replace Hendrix in this campaign.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    are they gonna archive the pizza party

missed the ending

• Options
    Which one you doing now?

It's not very crazy I don't think.. HOLY FUCK WAIT A SECOND.
    was that Hendrix? I totally did not even realize that.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Vinny Caravella, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this because before I come in 3 weeks with your Senior Editor job, I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest.
    I don’t hate you, Vinny. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the podcast.

I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing Jeff Gerstmann’s ass.

You’re as good as kissing Jeff Gerstmann’s ass as Brad Shoemaker was. I don’t know if you’re as good as Patrick though. He’s a pretty good ass kisser. Always was and still is.

Whoops! I’m breaking the fourth wall!

I am the best editor in the world.

I’ve been the best since day one when I walked into this company. And I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because Dave Lang saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a Dave Lang guy. You know who else was a Dave Lang guy? Max Temkin. And he split just like I’m splitting. But the biggest difference between me and Max is I’m going to come in with the Senior Editor job.

I’ve read so many of Jeff Gerstmann’s reviews that it’s finally dawned on me that they’re just that, they’re completely terrible. The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six years, I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this podcast, in that live stream, even in Quick Looks! Nobody can touch me!

And yet no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not on your lovely little collector shirts. I’m not on the front of the site. I’m barely promoted. I don’t get to be in gifs. I’m certainly not on any crappy show on Twitch. I’m not on the poster of E3. I’m not on the signature that’s produced at the start of the show. I’m not on Gametrailers. I’m not on Gamespot. But the fact of the matter is, I should be.

This isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that Patrick is in the main event at PAX next year and I’m not makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are spamming the chat for me, you are just as big a part of me leaving as anything else. Because you’re the ones who are wearing those member shirts right now. You’re the ones that buy those memberships that my face isn’t advertising. And then at five in the morning at PAX, you try to shove the shirt in my face and get an autograph and try to sell it on eBay because you’re too lazy to go get a real job.

I’m coming with the Senior Editor job on July 17th. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go guest on a Gamespot podcast. Maybe…I’ll go back to Polygon.

[Punk looks at the camera and waves]

Hey, Justin McElroy, how you doing?

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m here, you’re still going to pour money into CBSi. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Jeff Gerstmann is going to make money despite himself. He’s a game man who should be the game man. You know why he’s not the game man? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, nonsensical, douchebag (censored) yes men, like John Drake, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this company will better after Jeff Gerstmann is dead. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by his idiotic Brad and his doofus Rorie and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Jeff Gerstmann alright. We do this whole social justice campaign…

Written by a friend.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

So basically what I'm seeing here is a deathmatch, last survivor is hired scenario.
    Zoe will crush everyone by virtue of her cybernetic augmentations.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Which one you doing now?

It's not very crazy I don't think.. HOLY FUCK WAIT A SECOND.
    was that Hendrix? I totally did not even realize that.

Yep. That was him.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

Jeff is going to Will Wonka them

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Giant Pipe Bomb

Except, you know, Vinny is the best in the world.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I hope Wolfenstein does well.

I want machinegames making more stuff.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ctos is really good at train safety

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Starting up Wolf Among Us part 4, cannot wait!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that train has some fucking amazing brakes

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I cannot enjoy that video because of the scare quotes and the description referring to Ubisoft as "Ubishills"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Drakengard 3 is a weird game, you guys.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I am really digging Zero (the female protagonist), though.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    just the fact that he comes back with a truck

• Options
    I cannot enjoy that video because of the scare quotes and the description referring to Ubisoft as "Ubishills"

Yeah there seems to be amazingly petty attacks coming from all over towards this game, like calm the fuck down everyone. If you have beef with the game criticize it as a game, singling it out as the (sigh) Cancer that is Killing Games is incredibly childish. Big publishers publish big games, what a shock. There isn't even a focused controversy, just seems to be a snarling sentiment of elitist hatred against it.

I'm not addressing this to anyone on here, just venting about this newest vague of anti-AAA I keep foolishly hoping the internet is getting over.

sig.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I am not anti-AAA, but I have noticed that my interests and the interests of AAA games have drifted apart over time.

I generally want my games to be really, tight, focused boiled down things, these days. And AAA games tend to be big and sweeping and large in scope, because those sorts of things demand AAA budgets. I am happy they are out there doing their thing, it's just not the thing I tend to want these days.

Obviously there are exceptions, I don't rule AAA titles out by default or anything, but, it is a trend I have noticed for myself.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Drakengard 3 is a weird game, you guys.

I need to know if at the end it gets Drakengard 1 levels of crazy or Drakengard 2 levels of crazy

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I mean those are mostly pretty minor issues to begin with that are common to many big open world games

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.