As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Show off your [Screenshots] thread II: NSFFIOS

• Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    I'd like to see this game's blood splatter in slow motion, I can't tell if it's a clever trick or actually modelling liquid globules. Looks damn impressive in screenshots either way.

[edit] Guessing it's 2d animated textures with parallax/normal mapping for the reflections.

it's real blood

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    This thread makes my iPad cry.

Still, I'd love to see some more Satellite Reign screenshots if possible.

20573551954BD33EB535D542231A47D647B115AC

I usually forget to hit screenshot while doing cool stuff. Mainly because doing cool stuff requires concentration and I am bad at games.

But here's my dudes strolling around the streets. Not sure how much I'll play of the current version because I'm starting to get into a situation where I've run most the content in the district and the only thing left to do is loot and research stuff. Which isn't super interesting right now.

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Wait, NO ONE TOLD ME there was a female character in Shadows of Mordor.

SPOIL ME.

• Options

SPOIL ME.

She's a minorish part of the actual plot with not much to say in that regard. She's also an alternate skin. Though you're still Talion in cutscenes and orcs still refer to you with male pronouns.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Same as with the alternative skin in the game Ghostbusters then.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Looking at those Mordor screenshots, and the expressions on some of those orcs, I think of this:

215498381_uCzxj-1050x10000.jpg

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/02/20

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Satellite Reign sure looks a lot like the old syndicate! Makes me seriously nostalgic.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Satellite Reign sure looks a lot like the old syndicate! Makes me seriously nostalgic.

I've being told there's a minigun in the current alpha build.

Whether the people who told me are liars or I'm just unlucky I haven't managed to find it yet.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

SPOIL ME.

She's a minorish part of the actual plot with not much to say in that regard. She's also an alternate skin. Though you're still Talion in cutscenes and orcs still refer to you with male pronouns.

I don't know whether or not I should be grateful that they're pushing a bit more gender equality in such a half-assed manner.

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »

SPOIL ME.

I don't know whether or not I should be grateful that they're pushing a bit more gender equality in such a half-assed manner.

Honestly considering how much money voice acting, animations and stuff can cost for main characters I'm pretty okay with it. Even if it is a bit token an inclusion.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    for just pure fun I think Shadow of Mordor was my favorite game last year.

xiuLZWT.jpg

although for pure "oh godddd i'm gonna die" Alien: Isolation was best.

tHk6YZm.jpg

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    They tell me that's a million dollar wound but that uruk won't be seeing any of the money

B7IRAq3CAAAMoRD.jpg:large

nusu on
  • Options
    0338CE6818AC7046AC7BCBCD903CF88ABE82945C

The M2A4 might be my favourite starting tank in War Thunder.

So neat looking and it skids and bounces like crazy.

• Options
    How is the ground game in War Thunder anyway? I used to play World of Tanks a bunch but only played War Thunder when it was air.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    I like it. It's much better than World of Tanks because it's hitbox not HP based and you don't have to sit still for five hours to get accurate shots so the games more mobile.

It's also very different depending on the realism. In general Arcade is the most static because you spot enemies super easily and know exactly where your shots will land and if they'll pen so brutal firing lines tend to develop too easily for my likings (though the perfect shot knowledge makes playing arcade after you're used to the other realism settings hilarious fun. Like a T1 tank one shotting three T2's in three shots kinda fun).

The more realism you have the more assists and awareness are taken from you till full realistic battles have your camera glued to the top of your tank rather than 3rd person and enemies aren't given any highlights or mini-map pings at all. Which combined with the lack of aim assistance crosshairs makes the whole thing super fun because people are no longer accurate out to 1000m without effort and working as a team to move, stay concealed and engage effectively becomes much more pronounced.

In general if you played World of Tanks but didn't like how stalematey and repetitive it wound up feeling you'll probably enjoy War Thunder much, much more.

Though fair warning the starting German tank will give you an introduction equivelant to slaming your genitals in a car door repeatedly. They take till about late T2 before they stop just being food for Russian armour. Even if I have some affectionate favourites in the tree like the STUG and the Panzer 2 (fucking kill a KV1 with god damn baby tank and it's 10 round belt)

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Y'know, when Assassins Creed: Unity was first announced, I wasn't really all that fussed.

I decided to give it a go on PC, and strangely enough I've seen no major bugs, and the game looks glorious.

The Bastille looks lovely this time of year
    0be3k3v1c77q.jpg

The in-house entertainment just does not meet the quality one would expect from such an establishment
    50ztbs9o2wao.jpg

Look Lady, I am flattered you consider me a worthy opponent for a duel, but my heart is not set in it (and my bum is wet)
    80s8quypljfb.jpg

Some nice detail in these streets
    p4gmoopy2bs1.jpg

Some nice lighting effects too
    1km5zs2vpgdv.jpg

Running around on the rooftops is still fun
    74xe7lzv3jqy.jpg

Not necessarily pretty, but nice to look at regardless
    1g5y59ad89qk.jpg

The view aint half bad inside either
    3m02zvz9clkv.jpg

The Lannisters Assassins send their regards
    6ihmjzamskjd.jpg

Gonna keep a lookout for more screenshot opportunities, I'm enjoying the sights so far.
    zrn1ian1rw0u.jpg

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    They tell me that's a million dollar wound but that uruk won't be seeing any of the money

B7IRAq3CAAAMoRD.jpg:large

I see your butt shot and raise you a codpiece shot. I admit that I posted this in a thread or two back. Still an impressive snap shot...

gavehimtheshaft_zpsb56f4e93.jpg

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Hold "E" to Pilfer

Uh, no thanks game. He can keep that one....

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Blood dragons love yummy cyber-hearts. And, uh... other things.

• Options
    Lc19WUP.jpg

eoMM938.jpg

Dragon Age is a neat game.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Dragon Age is a neat game.

first time i've ever wished for an rpg to be shorter. holy shit i got stuff to do but im at 84 hours and i dont think im half way through yet. (after winter palace)

• Options
    PapillonPapillon Registered User regular
    So... Witch Head nebula in Elite:Dangerous:
    w8y89s6ndwr9.jpg
    I was trying to see what it looked like from the inside. Turns out (at least in Elite) there aren't any systems really inside the nebula. But when the nebula spans 180 degrees, it doesn't really matter.

Orion Nebula as seen from the outskirts of Witch Head nebula. At the moment still a few hundred ly away.
    n8f9k6xr7b1b.jpg

And, just like Earth, when you think you've found pristine wilderness... Bam. Toxic waste.
    ra1xae3d0lvm.jpg

• Options
    Dying Light is real pretty (and extremely fun). This is medium settings with only basic AO.

?.jpg

?.jpg

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Dying Light looks so cool but I wasn't a fan of Dead Island's combat and other than the parkour it looks much the same so I'm kinda waiting on it.

Also for people who don't read the Steam thread:
    328C7D3EBF0454D0F06F4463C5E8B9E2682976ED

2048x1152.resizedimage

EB0BD5A483A186849DFC1A8DB25143EBBC41D6D8

8BACAD6CF1DA9BC5DA14E3F19E70C62772021B67

Everything about this game is gorgeous.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    holy fuck, gorgeous indeed

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    The art in Armello is fantastic, though the 3d world models for the PC version could use a touch-up. I'm giving the game a break to give it some time to develop, right now it's promising but obviously still missing some systems. Early access, etc (though I got it via KS myself).

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    RISE RYSE: Son of Rome (PC)

Well, he's not walking again.
    y4i7d2sqavxw.jpg

Assist your fellow Romans... but first take in that sweet yet salty sea air.
    nj98kj5fnlba.jpg

I wish we had come up with a formation to deal with this kind of situation...
    hll3j11kv0pr.jpg

Oh wait, WE DID
    hmokoyooopph.jpg

Hey guys where did you - ...ohhhh
    7z97jn3swlg3.jpg

Neat trick with those swords, please teach me your ways
    n5l4dratd0z6.jpg

Oh god Qunari Vikings Goatmen!
    xnm3ep0llons.jpg

EPIC SPEECH TIME
    4zpsxp9ncvw8.jpg

MAXIMUS! MAXIMUS! MAXIMUS! MARIUS! MARIUS! MARIUS!
    ls0zq3117r2f.jpg

Obligatory Gladiators:
    z0ve3a4sjpkv.jpg

No place like Rome
    2xcq3hn24yam.jpg

The Brayster on
    1.jpg 242.3K
    2.jpg 303.9K
    3.jpg 321.9K
    4.jpg 314.5K
    5.jpg 368.9K
    6.jpg 435.8K
    7.jpg 329.2K
    8.jpg 310.2K
    9.jpg 274.8K
    10.jpg 285.1K
    11.jpg 364.6K
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Dying Light looks so cool but I wasn't a fan of Dead Island's combat and other than the parkour it looks much the same so I'm kinda waiting on it.

Also for people who don't read the Steam thread:
    328C7D3EBF0454D0F06F4463C5E8B9E2682976ED

2048x1152.resizedimage

EB0BD5A483A186849DFC1A8DB25143EBBC41D6D8

8BACAD6CF1DA9BC5DA14E3F19E70C62772021B67

Everything about this game is gorgeous.
    Oh yes, I was wondering when this was coming out. Starting your trailer out with a hostage getting executed is a good method to make everyone know you aren't a mere furry game.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Baldur's Gate

Never actually finished my first run so I decided to come back and start fresh, this time with an evil half elf werewolf.

rn4CmC3.png

U4hOPjh.png

As much as it pained Wolfgang to destroy Shank, having found a kindred spirit in another murderer for hire with a blunt name, it had to be done.

fAnsDGS.png
    a5UEAKt.png

Always a good idea to start your hitman career by facing down a giant wolf man armed only with a tiny knife.

sdFBelP.png
    xcfkYuM.png

"I'm fine. I'm just a very hairy elf. Finally someone notices."

hLWlMB3.png

The pigs take notice of Wolfgang's attempts to turn the infirmary into the local diner and at last makes a break for the outside world.

M0ht7VC.png
    hsSInn5.jpg

Yeah...thats not going to happen.

JgeuIYv.jpg

"No! Imoen! She must have...uhh..been taken down by an unseen magic missle. I will avenge you?"

ZOV5vU1.jpg

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    My experience playing a werewolf in BG1 was identical to yours! Most excellent.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    The Federal fleet has deployed a Battlecruiser to the Lugh system to put down the insurrection. Long live the fighters!

IfjGAS5.jpg

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So we could use some Bloodborne up in here. This is all mainly landscape shots.

Perhaps the first screenshot everyone will take in the game, ever.
    GO7Wzo0.jpg
    Much farther into the game, felt like getting a shot of the moon would be nice. Shiny!
    jx7nYg6.jpg
    Earlier in the game, moon looking kinda weird here.
    41R1ewc.jpg
    So remember the Super Awesome Lighting they showed off for Dark Souls 2 which we never saw?
    z0ReuNP.jpg

Finally a couple of character shots, one of me waiting on another Penny Arcader for Jolly Cooperation. The second is after I beat the game.
    D3NhFPt.jpg
    x3OU3wE.jpg

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    not console shots allowed!
    im joking, im just jealous i dont have a ps4 yet.

• Options
    Won't you stay a while?

?.jpg

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Is that Dark Souls 2? Possibly the new one? Looks pretty

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »
    Won't you stay a while?

?.jpg

hahah what's he doing in that area.

shit i can't wait to play sotfs.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Bloodborne. I'm sure everyone playing mashed the screenshot button when they got to this particular scene on their character, too.

DiMv2t8.jpg

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Yes indeed! Game is several layers of awesome, and all the "cinematics" clearly being in engine makes it feel really neat. Doesn't feel jarring when you transition into/out of one.

CAAFM9q.jpg
    hEr7ut0.jpg
    xCICB8h.jpg

It's really hard to not post spoilery screenshots cause the ones I got are cool.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Yeah I actually had several but as I went to upload them I noticed every one but the one I posted had pretty blatant spoilers, hah.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Hey, we have spoiler tags for a reason. Post away all!