Options

Windows Can't see shit!

SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've tried to connect an iPod Nano, an iPod Shuffle and now my digital camera won't even be recognized! Even if the software is installed, Windows XP (updated drivers and everything) can't recognize everything. I always get a "unrecognized USB device" every time I connect. Usually I can continue operations on it, but not without this stupid connection thing. I've uninstalled drivers, programs for all of them but I cannot get them to work.

Specifically my Fujifilm A360 digital camera. I've updated my drivers from the Fujifilm website, used different USB cords, but I get a "connection error" on my camera and no recognition by the PC. Help, please.

Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!
SoonerMan on

• Options
    FofamitFofamit Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    do any usb devices not work? or is it just those?

Fofamit on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Just those. Like I said, they can work, but I have to go to my computer and do shit on my own, or iTunes has a helluva time to recognize it. It's just so much damn hassle.

SoonerMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Have you tried going into the device manager? I am pretty sure you might be able to do something there.

(right click "My Computer" > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager)

Fofamit on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    What exactly am I looking to do here? If Windows can't find the software after I install it, what am I supposed to do? Make it sync up, somehow, to something I'm not sure it's looking for?

SoonerMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    You should be able to just right click in the device manager and manually update or scan for "changes" in the hardware. I am not sure if this will 100% work in your situation, however I had a similar situation with a digital camera not working... even though I had the drivers fully up to date. So all I just ventured to the device manager and manually installed the drivers from a folder I had extracted them too.

As well, I find with cameras it's easier to just make it recognize as a "removable storage device" other than a camera... causes less hassles. I was able to do that in my digital camera menu.

Fofamit on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Still can't find it. I even put the damned CD in there and it says it's not working. Needs another driver which, apparently, isn't on the CD.

SoonerMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    http://www.fujifilmusa.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/ServiceSupportProduct.jsp?prodcat=840022

That should be your camera driver there, you should be able to extract it to a folder and then do what I suggested above... and hopefully it will work.

As well, is there an option on your camera to make it act as a thumb drive instead of a camera?

Fofamit on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    In the setup on the camera there is an option for printing (I'm assuming it's a piece of paper going into a printer) and for the card (a picture of a card.) I found the two files the setup wants, but the damn thing rejects the second one. I'll try this.

I'll be damned though if it's what I've already downloaded from Fuji themselves.

SoonerMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    hopefully everything will work out, but yeah I am out of ideas since it's only that one device that is having issues. If worse comes to worse... you could always contact fuji and they might be able to help you... but that's only in the situation when you are desperate. Sorry I couldn't help as much as I hoped I could. I better head to bed since I have to wake up early tomorrow.

PS. Thanks for the advice in the other thread.

Fofamit on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well you're welcome for the advice and thanks for what you've given me here. Turns out it IS the same thing I've downloaded already and it's just a big mess. Some other forum I read had the same problem. Fuji told them it's an OS problem and other people just get theirs to work.

Their advice was to get a card reader, and I don't have disposable income right now to do that. I have everything that should make it work, dammit.

SoonerMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well here's a big, "What the fuck?"

I changed the mode to, I guess, "Printing" and everything is perfectly fine as opposed to it being on the wrong mode and the program Fuji bundled with it not showing up. Also, camera still says "Connection Error."

SoonerMan on