As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To Pineapple or Not to Pineapple

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Oh no, it was comparing insects with meat. Insects need less space to grow, have more nutrition and don't feel pain. Maybe they need less food than a cow? I can't remember. The problem is most people are grossed out by the idea of eating bugs and making the bugs corn chips was these guys plan to make them appetising.

• Options
    ThesmileyemoThesmileyemo Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    I didn't even realize there was this whole thing against pineapple on pizza until fairly recently. Hawaiian pizza always just seemed like a standard, uncontroversial pizza choice to me. I saw it like pepperoni, where if you are ordering for a large group it's something that everyone will be okay with even if it's not their absolute favourite choice.

Spider Pizza sounds like some sort of terrifying nightmare and I'm not happy to have that image in my brain now.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    The best is spider stuffed crust pizza.

They leave it uncut, so that the full pleasure of spiders spilling out and up your arm can be yours and yours alone.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    I didn't even realize there was this whole thing against pineapple on pizza until fairly recently. Hawaiian pizza always just seemed like a standard, uncontroversial pizza choice to me. I saw it like pepperoni, where if you are ordering for a large group it's something that everyone will be okay with even if it's not their absolute favourite choice.

Spider Pizza sounds like some sort of terrifying nightmare and I'm not happy to have that image in my brain now.

Never get more than one pineapple pizza for a group.

The filthy pineapple pizza eaters always eat more of the good pizzas than the pineapple pizzas anyway, and so the people who don't enjoy putting garbage trash in their mouths will go unsatisfied if there are too many pineapple pizzas.

broken image link
  • Options
    Fuck pineapple
    I think about pizza politics a lot.

The best solution is to just get a whole pizza for yourself and no sharing.

broken image link
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    What annoys me the most re: pizza politics is when someone is hosting an event around lunch time, so they provide pizza, but they order some bullshit like little caesar's. I live in a town with some pretty decent pizza places. One especially is well known by all, it's not my secret favorite pizza place or anything. For 3 dollars at this place I can get a slice that is totally filling and amazing, and I'm sure whole pizzas are even cheaper. But no, that person who has lived here forever and knows all about it insists on getting little caesar's "because it's only $5 a pizza." Asshole, that pizza is substandard and it takes a whole pizza to fill me up. Jesus.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Spiders
    I think about pizza politics a lot.

The best solution is to just get a whole pizza for yourself and no sharing.

mhULzrzz8ihq5hg2wxLIY35wo1_500.png

Mr Fuzzbutt, age 10

CorporateRed on
    Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    Always order a knife with your pizza.

The knife is not for cutting the pizza.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    PINEAPPLE

Never get more than one pineapple pizza for a group.

The filthy pineapple pizza eaters always eat more of the good pizzas than the pineapple pizzas anyway, and so the people who don't enjoy putting garbage trash in their mouths will go unsatisfied if there are too many pineapple pizzas.

I will readily admit to doing this exact thing. More pizza for me! No regrets.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    Hitler was a vegetarian

If he ordered a pizza, you bet your ass pineapple would be on it

Think about THAT

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Hitler was a vegetarian

Think about THAT

I never think about Hitler.

Why would you think about Hitler?

What's wrong with you?

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    There are probably people who don't believe in the holocaust and also like pineapple?

Check and mate I do believe.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    I'll eat pineapple on pizza

But so help me god if you put nasty ass yellow cheddar on pizza I will end you

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fuck pineapple
    Hitler was a vegetarian

Think about THAT

I was having a discussion with a vegetarian last night who hates pineapple on pizza.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    The Geek wrote: »
    Hitler was a vegetarian

Think about THAT

I was having a discussion with a vegetarian last night who hates pineapple on pizza.

Shh you're ruining my incredibly ridiculous argument

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    The only thing to do with a pizza with pineapple is throw it in the GARBAGE.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    Aphostile wrote: »

So you can eat it all?

I am assuming that you live in a garbage can.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple

GARBAGE being a code word for people who like pineapple on pizza

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Durkhanus wrote: »
    I like spiders. I got lots in and around my house.

Spiders and house centipedes all over my place. They are pretty rad.

I imagine they wage a silent war against the roaches in my house

I'm hoping they are winning since there hasn't been a roach sighting in months but I see house centipedes almost daily

what kind of maniac allows house centipedes, free fucking reign of their house?

ok, also I am never trying anchovies. I try all kinds of new food, but I draw the line at whole fish. cats don't even eat whole fish: they deepthroat that shit and pull out a perfectly clean skeleton. everyone knows this.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Spiders
    I prefer savory and spicy over sweetness when it comes to pizza. My ultimate favorite pizza when I get delivery is pepperoni, spicy sausage, chicken, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Maybe some buffalo sauce and extra marinara for dipping.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    I think the whole sweet/savory/spicy/salty dichotomy is a bunch of nonsense

like, obviously it's a "thing" in so far that things clearly taste different from other things and you can vaguely categorize things in such ways but

but it largely gets used as a way for people to talk about how foods shouldn't be mixed, about what you can and cannot eat together, about what kind of toppings can go on what and what kind of side dishes can be eaten with what and ideas about what kind of foods "balance out" the tastes of a meal

it's a bunch of nonsense

it's entirely relative, because taste is relative, and your understanding of flavor can be heavily shaped by cultural influence and upbringing and exposure and all kinds of factors

there's a dizzying multitude of factors that contribute to your palate, and it cannot be easily broken down into some kind of nonsensical concept like "sweet and savory" made up by up their own ass Eurocentric food criticism institutions

food is a marvel

it is a wonder

expand your horizons, explore your comfort zones, push your boundaries and discover your borderlines, because they are your own and nobody else's and they will change over your entire life and they will change as you choose to challenge them and change them

love food, cherish food, in its myriad and amazing ways

don't close your mind on what it can and cannot be, on what flavor is and is not, especially if you haven't even really discovered what that means for you personally because you've never really tried in earnest

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    I like Pineapple and I also like the Scarlets, been awhile since they've been around!

• Options
    broken image link
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    the cheat wrote: »
    Durkhanus wrote: »
    I like spiders. I got lots in and around my house.

Spiders and house centipedes all over my place. They are pretty rad.

I imagine they wage a silent war against the roaches in my house

I'm hoping they are winning since there hasn't been a roach sighting in months but I see house centipedes almost daily

what kind of maniac allows house centipedes, free fucking reign of their house?

ok, also I am never trying anchovies. I try all kinds of new food, but I draw the line at whole fish. cats don't even eat whole fish: they deepthroat that shit and pull out a perfectly clean skeleton. everyone knows this.

It's the centipedes that allow you free reign of their house.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams

Don't do drugs kids

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    HeadCreeps wrote: »

Do pineapple pizza instead, you know you want to.

• Options
    Fuck pineapple
    HeadCreeps wrote: »

Do pineapple pizza instead, you know you want to.

DO DRUGS DO DRUGS

broken image link
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    Pineapple

NOT EVEN ONCE

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

GARBAGE being a code word for people who like pineapple on pizza

yeah okay, throw your pizza into me.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    Pineapple's okay I guess

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    PINEAPPLE
    so, what do non pineapple people put on their pizza? aborted fetuses? Cause they're literally The Satan.

Am i doing shit talking right?

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Spiders
    Melding wrote: »
    so, what do non pineapple people put on their pizza? aborted fetuses? Cause they're literally The Satan.

Am i doing shit talking right?

You've on your way to being the best, kid.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    you know what fruit doesn't need to exist

apricots

now i'm not saying i have any real antipathy towards apricots

but do they need to exist

i think not

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    you know what fruit doesn't need to exist

apricots

now i'm not saying i have any real antipathy towards apricots

but do they need to exist

i think not

whoa now hey now

come on man, this is a 13+ forum

• Options
    PINEAPPLE
    I'm not sure i've ever actually had an apricot. Apricot jam, sure. It was pretty okay.

Not sure i would put apricot jam on a pizza though.

• Options
    PINEAPPLE
    just had an idea. Sandwich pizza.

not like a sandwich made using pizza, no, like a sandwich with jam instead of tomato sauce and then like peanuts or something.

This is still a relatively incomplete idea.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Spiders

not like a sandwich made using pizza, no, like a sandwich with jam instead of tomato sauce and then like peanuts or something.

Enjoy your pipe dream weirdo.

• Options
    PINEAPPLE
    okay, no, the peanut butter would have to be the sauce and then you put fruit on it.

I think i'm on to something here guys.
    Kaplar wrote: »

Enjoy your pipe dream weirdo.

Thanks, you too.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    okay, no, the peanut butter would have to be the sauce and then you put fruit on it.

Sounds like it could be a tasty dessert pizza. Maybe start with a slightly sweeter recipe for the crust, something along the lines of a cinnamon roll (sans cinnamon and sugar filling), probably have to precook the crust though, I don't think peanut butter would stand up to well to the oven temps needed for a good crust. Peanut butter as the sauce, top it with sliced bananas, maybe sliced strawberries as well, after that a light drizzle of warm nutella over the top of the thing. Not too much though, don't want to overwhelm the bananas and berries. Maybe a few minutes in the oven to toast the bananas a bit.

Damnit, now I'm hungry. And there's nowhere I can get a pizza at 12:30 in the morning.

• Options
    PINEAPPLE
    see317 wrote: »

Sounds like it could be a tasty dessert pizza. Maybe start with a slightly sweeter recipe for the crust, something along the lines of a cinnamon roll (sans cinnamon and sugar filling), probably have to precook the crust though, I don't think peanut butter would stand up to well to the oven temps needed for a good crust. Peanut butter as the sauce, top it with sliced bananas, maybe sliced strawberries as well, after that a light drizzle of warm nutella over the top of the thing. Not too much though, don't want to overwhelm the bananas and berries. Maybe a few minutes in the oven to toast the bananas a bit.

Damnit, now I'm hungry. And there's nowhere I can get a pizza at 12:30 in the morning.

Despite us being on opposite sides of the conflict of our generation, I like you.

I just wish you weren't wrong about pine apples.

Or Ananas, which is more fun to say.