As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Monday Night Mini-[Phalla] Wars: The War was taken to the Extreme!

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    In my defence, 2/3's of my post was relevant, which may be a new record

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Thralls, millers, conversions???

Conversions yes. Thralls and millers no. BUT, unless a player is 100% loyal to a faction, they will always read as 2 factions, even if they vote to win as one faction.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

Does the vote trickle? What happens in the case of ties?

Note that I did not read the OP. Because that's for silly people.

My standard Phalla rules for votes: Ties result in death for all those tied and there is no vote trickle as vote kill comes first.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    ugh but dusty finishes are the WORST

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    So, WCW suffers a horrible blow in the loss of Ric Flair, but WWE and ECW only lose Kane and Shane Douglas?

Already playing favorites, eh, Assuran?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Heh.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I'd say losing Shane Douglas is a boon. ECW had its best PPVs when Douglas was injured or away from the company.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    !kime LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, BROTHER! YOU BETTER START READING OPS AND READING THEM QUICK BEFORE THESE 36 INCH PYTHONS COME FOR, BROTHER! WHATCHA GONNA DO ?!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FOR YOU, BROTHER

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Hell, offing Kane in the 90s is probably having a huge ripple effect on the future timeline making for less weird matches and booking for years to come, regardless of the outcome here.

• Options
    Without Kane, Daniel Bryan never got popular enough to win the championship and Batista won at Wrestlemania.

What a horrible future we live in now.

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    Without Kane, Daniel Bryan never got popular enough to win the championship and Batista won at Wrestlemania.

What a horrible future we live in now.

No.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    But it also means we don't get the Katie Vick storyline where Triple H fucked a corpse

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I forgot how soap opera wrestling is now.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    But it also means we don't get the Katie Vick storyline where Triple H fucked a corpse

???

I just went and read the wiki entry on this. I'm torn between shock and laughter.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    offing kane means no corporate kane which would be a tragedy

• Options
    Depending on when this takes place there's some potential that Kane and X-Pac never team up. X-Pac would then never have the chance to turn on him. The crowd wouldn't be given a catalyst to hate Sean Waltman as a person and X-Pac heat...would never exist.

How would we describe things and people that portray villains but actually do suck?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

It's actually probably more reality-based than ever

Kane hasn't been an actual demon from hell for awhile now, christian isn't a vampire and hornswoggle is just a former GM of raw instead of an actual leprechaun

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    offing kane means no corporate kane which would be a tragedy

It's definitely a cuts-both-ways thing but on the whole I'd argue it's for the good.

But then, I never liked Kane and only grudgingly came around on Edge; the Attitude Era actually got me to stop paying any attention to wrestling until a few years ago.

• Options
    christian isn't a vampire

Too bad, I don't think vampires can get concussions.

• Options
    Depending on when this takes place there's some potential that Kane and X-Pac never team up. X-Pac would then never have the chance to turn on him. The crowd wouldn't be given a catalyst to hate Sean Waltman as a person and X-Pac heat...would never exist.

How would we describe things and people that portray villains but actually do suck?

Probably Batista heat, if the internet has its way

• Options
  • Options
    also if you guys have fun with this game, you should totally watch some modern wrestling

also I should do a CHIKARA phalla

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular

Kane hasn't been an actual demon from hell for awhile now, christian isn't a vampire and hornswoggle is just a former GM of raw instead of an actual leprechaun

I liked the Kane and Undertaker storyline. It was a bit Scorpion and Subzero but it was cool to 9 year old me. Once Kane removed the Mask and started talking I was done.

• Options
    also if you guys have fun with this game, you should totally watch some modern wrestling

also I should do a CHIKARA phalla

CHIKARA is the CHIKARA phalla. Rule #1 of booking CHIKARA is that there's always an invasion angle going on at all times.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

I liked the Kane and Undertaker storyline. It was a bit Scorpion and Subzero but it was cool to 9 year old me. Once Kane removed the Mask and started talking I was done.
    Corporate+Kane.png

HIS POCKET SQUARE IS FIRE, 2perfect I miss u CKane

• Options

Corporate+Kane.png

Don't make me go digging on fark for the Libertarian Kane images they put together over there.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Corporate+Kane.png

Don't make me go digging on fark for the Libertarian Kane images they put together over there.

090-1007175145-Kane-Endorses-Ron-Paul.jpg

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Don't take this too hard kime, but I've seen the future, and you are not in it.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Huh.

Did not expect to start so soon.

How long until close?

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow, 9 PM Eastern, if I'm not mistaken.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Initial info gathering has me thinking there are 14 players per faction.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    INATP because it's a bit unfair to vote out all the mafia day 1.

• Options
    absolutely apropos of nothing other than I have no idea when I'll get a chance to vote

!obifett

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    You guys better watch out.

I'm gonna wrestle you so hard.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    You guys better watch out.

I'm gonna wrestle you so hard.

Watch out, wrestle-guys. This dude works stiff.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Gizzy

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Let's put in a random discrider to start.