As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]up Comedy

TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
Comedy is cool. Post cool comedians. I'll start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVzbsqgUm4I

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Runner-up
    IcyLiquid, who bet 45 hours with 500 points and recovered 475

VERY FUCKING SUSPICIOUS

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
  • Options
    Also I had no idea what to make a chat about but I literally just finished booking flights to go to london to standup so here we go

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Weekend [chat] goes slower. I was surprised the last one went that long, though.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    @Skippydumptruck

here's an idea if you want a simple-ish coding project -- gather a bunch of data about historical post frequency in [chat] threads so that you can make good bets on the length of the new [chat] thread based on when it is started and trends and stuff

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    get wager 151 points on 63 hours, 25 minutes.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    get wager 151 points on 63 hours, 25 minutes.

I had to edit it out because it didn't take :P

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    guess whos depressed

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    that's ok I misspelled geth.

YOUR MOVE

• Options
    I haven't even watched that clip

i just give bamford and o'neal the benefit of the doubt because they're baller

• Options
    sarah looks so cute with her preggers belly and her red chucks :3

• Options
    guess whos depressed

Tracy Morgan

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Geth wager 100 points on 34 hours

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Geth wager 150 points on 63.4 hours

a5ehren on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Dis band's playing Pokerface.

Puh puh puh

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    geth wager 100 points of 50 hours, 1 minute

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    @Skippydumptruck

here's an idea if you want a simple-ish coding project -- gather a bunch of data about historical post frequency in [chat] threads so that you can make good bets on the length of the new [chat] thread based on when it is started and trends and stuff

yeah I was actually thinking like, a program to give word frequency from some data set

like, most often and least often used words used in a chat thread or on a twitter whatever, or something

idk I will have to mull it over a bit

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    from last page of previous thread
    ChelleYeah wrote:
    and you know, the thing is.... i can get the first part of the quote, "being the only sober one", but the other part about not being allowed to drive - i dont get that. what, do they want to be mayor of people's life? being religious does not mean you make bad decisions. everyone does.

I would guess it is a clumsy attempt to refer to atheists being almost universally excluded from politics in the US. With the exclusion getting strong the higher the elected office.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Geth, wager 385 points on 52 hours.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • Options
    from last page of previous thread
    ChelleYeah wrote:
    and you know, the thing is.... i can get the first part of the quote, "being the only sober one", but the other part about not being allowed to drive - i dont get that. what, do they want to be mayor of people's life? being religious does not mean you make bad decisions. everyone does.

I would guess it is a clumsy attempt to refer to atheists being almost universally excluded from politics in the US. With the exclusion getting strong the higher the elected office.

maybe if they prayed about it, God will answer their prayers

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Geth wager 1000 points on 50.5 hours.

• Options
    @Skippydumptruck

yeah I was actually thinking like, a program to give word frequency from some data set

like, most often and least often used words used in a chat thread or on a twitter whatever, or something

you should totally do a thing like google's n-gram viewer but for [chat]s

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    geth wager 200 points on 39 hours

I'm addicted.
    And this is my first time.
    *withdrawals savings and puts it all on black*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    @Skippydumptruck

just as a warning, depending on what version of C++ you are learning and if you are learning any libraries this could be Very Very Hard.

with C++11 and a modern STL it's very doable. But usually classes that use C++ at all are using C++98 at best and usually don't cover the STL.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    geth wager 666 points on 66.6 hours

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    guess whos depressed

@Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

knock knock

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    there's some industrial yardwork or something going on down the street

cat is both totally curious and utterly terrified

so instead of lying on the back of the couch to look out the window he's standing up on the couch and peeking his head over the top to see what's going on

totes adorbs

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    guess whos depressed

I'd high five you but gf-effort.gif

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I just realized that taco bell's salsa verde sauce tastes like what doritos tastes like when you burp them back up

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    geth wager ur mom's points on get dunked on hours

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    geth wager 667 points on 66.7 hours

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote: »

so instead of lying on the back of the couch to look out the window he's standing up on the couch and peeking his head over the top to see what's going on

totes adorbs

this morning i woke up to harley to sitting on my chest purring

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Geth wager 50 points on 62 hours

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

totes adorbs

this morning i woke up to harley to sitting on my chest [strike]purring[/strike] plotting my death

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Watching japanese pro wrestling from the 90's. Holy fuck did this guy just get murdered by a clothsline.

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Maybe lower case. It worked last time I wagered.

• Options
    @Skippydumptruck

just as a warning, depending on what version of C++ you are learning and if you are learning any libraries this could be Very Very Hard.

with C++11 and a modern STL it's very doable. But usually classes that use C++ at all are using C++98 at best and usually don't cover the STL.

how do I tell what version I am learning?

the book for the class is absolute c++ 5th ed

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Geth wager 9000 points on 67 hours

• Options
    geth wager 50 points on 62 hours

This discussion has been closed.