As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] un Rendez-vous

GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/)pinch pinchRegistered User regular

Shot in a single take, it is an example of cinéma-vérité .[dubious – discuss] The length of the film was limited by the short capacity of the 1000 foot 35mm film reel, and filmed from a (supposedly) gyro-stabilised camera mounted on the bumper of a Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9. A photo has surfaced that seems to reveal an Eclair cam-flex 35mm camera with a wide angle lens, and a typical "speed rail" hard mount - no gyros - on a Mercedes. This model, which could reach a top speed of 235 km/h (146 mph), was only available with a 3-speed automatic transmission. Yet, one can hear gear changes up into 5th, as well as heel-and-toe down-shifting with a high-revving engine indicating speeds of well over 200 km/h. Calculations made by several independent groups showed that the car never exceeded 140 km/h (85 mph).[1] Lelouch himself claimed that the top speed achieved was somewhere between 230 km/h and 240 km/h.[2] Lelouch claimed during a "making of" documentary that the soundtrack was dubbed with the sound of Lelouch's Ferrari 275GTB, which has a corresponding number of gears and a V-12 sound that is quite distinct from that of any V8, including the 6.9 liter V8 of the alleged Mercedes camera car.

919UOwT.png

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    pensi

lGHsWW6.gif

MIvbTGo.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    cars are great

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    deebaser wrote:
    how long am i going to be shitting????

oh my sweet bummer child

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Make sure they give you a lollipop after the procedure Deebs

always get the courtesy lollipop.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    My mom did the prep during work all the time

but she was a badass

it's okay if you're not a badass

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    random unsolicited thought:
    My aunt is being autopsied right now.

I hate my brain.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    cars are great

Trucks are for real men. Herp derp.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I was looking up other ways to kill drizzt

lq0In7f.png

oh internet

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my dad is a gastro doc so he gotta be tellin patients bout doin they prep all the time

u gon be shittin a lot dude

poo
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    aw dang, I was going to make a Blood Bowl chat

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Can you withstand Charizards Sultry Gaze?

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    cars are great

Trucks are for real men. Herp derp.

those deliver my amazon parts so they're great too

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    @riemannlives decode the mystery in the first post

i roted it myself in paint

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

lq0In7f.png

oh internet

if you ever want to see the worst

read @grognardtxt on twitter

it aggregates the most vile stuff to come out of roleplayers and is always jawdropping insane

• Options
    fuck it y'all are getting my blood bowl chat OP anyway.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

lq0In7f.png

oh internet

if you ever want to see the worst

read @grognardtxt on twitter

it aggregates the most vile stuff to come out of roleplayers and is always jawdropping insane

It doesn't update with all of the stuff in the grognard.txt thread in SA.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    aw dang, I was going to make a Blood Bowl chat

When I saw Geth close the thread, my first thought was "If Pony makes the [chat], he's totally going to make it a Blood Bowl [chat]."

• Options
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BLOOD BOWL?!

cNcu9Dj.jpg

What the hell is Blood Bowl and why do you people keep talking about it?
    Blood Bowl is a fantasy football game. No, not like the fantasy football that annoying guy in your office keeps going on about how the most recent NFL game has "cost him so many points" somehow. No, I mean fantasy football, like football with elves and orcs and dwarves and trolls and shit like that. It's based on a tabletop strategy game by Games Workshop, the creators of Warhammer, and most of the races in it are derived from the Warhammer Fantasy armies.

So it's a PC game?
    Yep! You can get the Chaos Edition (the most recent version of the game with the most teams) right now on Steam for -75% off! It's only $7.50! By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings!

I bought it! How do I play?
    Alright, now here's the thing... the game is really awful at explaining itself to new people. It has a difficulty cliff. I recommend cKnoor's walkthroughs to the game and for you to watch some of his recorded games on his Youtube channel. Also, feel free to ask me questions, in PM or in [chat] with an @! I've been playing the tabletop game for 20 years, so I uh... I like Blood Bowl a lot.

Do you guys have a league or a tournament going or something?
    We do! It's the D&D [chat] Summer Invitational. If you're interested in joining, PM me for more info and I'll walk you through joining up.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    the question is not how long will you be shitting

it is how long will you not be shitting

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    BshSunbIYAIa7zu.jpg

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The best part of Baldur's Gate 2 was finding the lvl 1 NPCs when you were close to finishing the game.
    The Player: I have freed you from your stone prison, young adventurer.
    Bondari: Uh, thanks. Guys, are you ok?
    Nanoc: Yeah.
    Goldenhand: Yes (no thanks to you... can't even backstab an eyeball!)
    B: Shutup, Tim! Greetings, my, uh... lord. I am Bondari Quickhand, a thief. These are my companions Nanoc the Barbarian and Tim Goldenhand. He's an elf. And a mage.
    Aerie: So young and eager... *sigh* I can hardly believe that I was ever as naive and innocent as these three.
    B: Uh... I guess I should thank you for saving us. Is there some way we brave adventurers can repay your kindness? Something we can do for you to fulfill our debt of gratitude. Anything? Anything at all?
    P: A terrible evil has swept across the land and the lives of millions hang in balance. You have been chosen, Bondari, and you must not fail in your quest!
    B: A Quest! Wow! This is great! What do we have to do?
    P: A fiendish beholder and his kobold cohorts have infested a cave to the east of here. An evil dragon threatens the land! I must have the beholder's eyestalk to slay the dragon and save the country from certain doom!
    N: By Mask's mask! We can't let this happen!
    P: Go, noble adventurer, and retrieve the eyestalk. The fate of Tethyr lies in your hands!
    G: What kind of reward do we get?
    P: I shall give you... 100 gold!
    B: 100 gold! We're rich! You have a deal, sir. We shall fetch this eyestalk and save the world. C'mon guys!
    G: Wait! I have to rest and memorize magic missile!
    N: Worry not, elf. Nanoc will protect you!
    B: (But Tim is terrible. Remember the kobold king? He cast one spell then hid behind a rock while we had to slay everyone!)
    G: (Hey! I have the healing potions! I heal you!)
    N: (I can shrug off a blow that would fell a normal man! Unfettered by your civilized ways, I...)
    Then the three lvl. 1 NPCs later get the idea to attack your party and steal your cool stuff. You one-shot all three.
    .... *Bondari reloads*
    P: Well done, Bondari. Here is your reward.
    B: Thanks. It was a good quest. I found a dagger and Tim here got a scroll of identify. In a couple of days he'll be able to tell me about my dagger.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i feel drained of all vigor today. not like sleepy tired. just kind of blah. hopefully jogging in the evening perks me up.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Wait so does blood bowl not work on Mac

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    riemannlives decode the mystery in the first post

MIvbTGo.png

hmm...

this is deep man

crucifix, mountains, cow skull?

or does it involve the anime gif as well

pensi

[pedophilia.gif]

[plus] [jagged line] [smile with pierced tongue sticking out] ?

this is the modern riddle of the fuckin' sphinx

so the answer must be "man"

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    16 hours later, my digestive system seems to have decided that causing me searing pain is done, for the time being. Being human sucks. I want a robot body.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Wait so does blood bowl not work on Mac

apparently it barely works on windows

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    The amnesiac effects of Ativan are largely over-stated and over-emphasized, and are not the primary reason for giving the drug to people. They don't even happen to the majority of people who take the drug at most dosages. It's a known and common side-effect, and being thus it has to be stated and stated clearly, but it's not like that is its express purpose.

It's an anti-seizure and anti-anxiety benzo, and in that respect it's very good at its job. Ativan will make you stop givin' a fuck, which for minor surgery with local anesthetic or for invasive procedures that is actually pretty useful. I've taken when getting a camera tube down my urethra to check my bladder for a thing, and I take it periodically for anti-seizure and anti-anxiety reasons in general because lol brain problems.

I've also taken its bigger, more powerful cousin Clonazepam when I was getting my vasectomy done, and let me tell you any drug that can make you not give a shit about a man cutting your ball sack open with a laser beam to the point that you are live-tweeting about it on your phone at the time is quite a thing.

• Options
    Hey Riemann so what the heck was up with the Ruby bindings for DFHack. I couldn't even find them on their GitHub. The code seemed more reasonable in C++, is it actually so, do you find it's better to write against?

• Options
    riemannlives decode the mystery in the first post

MIvbTGo.png

hmm...

this is deep man

crucifix, mountains, cow skull?

or does it involve the anime gif as well

pensi

[pedophilia.gif]

[plus] [jagged line] [smile with pierced tongue sticking out] ?

this is the modern riddle of the fuckin' sphinx

so the answer must be "man"

@deebaser welcum 2 ur future

lTQg8ZH.gif
    proto-sinaitic omgz

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    The amnesiac effects of Ativan are largely over-stated and over-emphasized, and are not the primary reason for giving the drug to people. They don't even happen to the majority of people who take the drug at most dosages. It's a known and common side-effect, and being thus it has to be stated and stated clearly, but it's not like that is its express purpose.

It's an anti-seizure and anti-anxiety benzo, and in that respect it's very good at its job. Ativan will make you stop givin' a fuck, which for minor surgery with local anesthetic or for invasive procedures that is actually pretty useful. I've taken when getting a camera tube down my urethra to check my bladder for a thing, and I take it periodically for anti-seizure and anti-anxiety reasons in general because lol brain problems.

I've also taken its bigger, more powerful cousin Clonazepam when I was getting my vasectomy done, and let me tell you any drug that can make you not give a shit about a man cutting your ball sack open with a laser beam to the point that you are live-tweeting about it on your phone at the time is quite a thing.

And if anyone wants to know about Clonazepam (aka Klonpin) I'm your woman! I live with a bottle of it in my purse (the joys of PTSD).

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

I know a guy who went pretty manic after taking some Ativan for pain.

Though it's possible that was not caused by the Ativan itself so much as by its interaction with some secretly-eaten special brownies.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ball sack and laser beam

hate that those two things are in the same sentence

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Rendevouz is civilization

You have done well, Goobert

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Hey Riemann so what the heck was up with the Ruby bindings for DFHack. I couldn't even find them on their GitHub. The code seemed more reasonable in C++, is it actually so, do you find it's better to write against?

I have switched over to C++ now yeah. There were a fair few steps to set up the build environment but it was worth it. There should be a new C++ version of Chronicle late next week / next weekend.

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/master/Compile.rst

As for Ruby, all the stuff needed to make the Ruby scripts run came with DFHack. It was just a matter of poking through all the .rb code it came with.

But it was a real pain to figure out how to get at some kinds of data

edit: and of course this is for the 2012 version. DFHack is about 60% done converting to the new one from what I've seen. And the new one is still more about crazy ass bugs (like hordes of migrating babies) than actually playing

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I was given Ativan for insomnia. Like one to two milligrams. Its effectiveness seems to taper off pretty rapidly and the wiki on it is like YEAH GET READY FOR ADDICTION SON so I am wary of it, though it doesn't say the dosages where dependence becomes an issue.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    ...Family asks if I want to go to community pool with them...

Family is treating like a guy because there is a kid here.

I have boobs.

Some of these things seem to be in conflict with each other.

• Options
    ball sack and laser beam

hate that those two things are in the same sentence

it was pretty much that scene from goldfinger

(no it wasn't)

• Options
    My grandmother had an opposite reaction to Ativan, she hallucinated some very scary shit and tried to literally climb the walls. As her medical power of attorney I had to have huge fights with nurses and doctors who didn't believe she'd had the total freak out and once a doctor gave it to her after I'd told them not to...and got to see for himself. At least that time I was with her from the start of it so I got to talk her through her bad trip.

Assholes.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    the sponsored adverts ive been getting on facebook

J2nSTbs.png

i feel so profiled

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.