Options

[Chat]ty Ortiz

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    "If I hadn't murdered the victim, he would have died eventually anyway!"

yeah, that guy choosing to smoke was definitely the cigarette company murdering him

that is exactly what happened

he chose to smoke at a time when the cigarette companies were still aggressively pushing the line that smoking wasn't bad for your health

how is this an argument

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I hate censored radio edits

also, I hate that NRJ plays them

hey guys

state radio doesn't censor a thing

why do you

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    I ran into a girl I know outside of a bar last night and she was almost suspiciously psyched that I was going to be in stavanger next weekend and that I was down for going out

a facebook status reveals: she's moving to Oslo in august.

Oh. So it's a goodbye, then. Well that's great.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

yeah, that guy choosing to smoke was definitely the cigarette company murdering him

he chose to smoke at a time when the cigarette companies were still aggressively pushing the line that smoking wasn't bad for your health

how is this an argument

i was talking more about the idea of banning smoking now

which i find moronic

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The tobacco companies were bullshitting about how harmful cigarettes were until after I was born.

Edit: Apparently, until well after I was born.
    Throughout the 1980s and 1990s the cigarette industry held fast to the view that scientists had not proven conclusively that smoke or any of the thousands of its constituents as found in cigarette smoke causes human disease. A 1990 letter sent by RJ Reynolds to the principal of an elementary school in upstate New York declared: “[d]espite all the research going on, the simple and unfortunate fact is that scientists do not know the cause or causes of the chronic diseases reported to be associated with smoking.”21 The letter encouraged the school principal to share this information with his fifth grade students. In the 1994 Congressional hearing before the Subcommittee on Health and the Environment, industry executives again expressed their belief that smoking had not been proven to be a cause of cancer.22 As recently as 1998, a senior research scientist at RJ Reynolds testified that: “t's not scientifically established that smoking by itself causes disease.”23 In 1998, Philip Morris chairman Geoffrey Bible responded to the question “has anyone died from smoking cigarettes?” in the following manner: “I don't know if anyone dies from smoking tobacco, I just don't know.”24

Couscous on
  • Options
    A product that kills people in its normal use doesn't usually get to go, "welp, it was their decision to do it because we had this warning on it."

If banning smoking could be done without creating a long term large black market, I'm not seeing why it shouldn't be done.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    A product that kills people in its normal use doesn't usually get to go, "welp, it was their decision to do it because we had this warning on it."

If banning smoking could be done without creating a long term large black market, I'm not seeing why it shouldn't be done.

we should ban mcdonalds then too

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Good morning, [chat]!

Instead of my false seductress, my dreams featured country musician Brad Paisley last night.

I'm

I'm trying not to read too much in to that. >_>

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

it inevitably would create that black market

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Trace wrote: »

Because something perfectly fine in moderation is the same as fucking smoking.

• Options

Okay.

So alcohol then.

• Options

Okay.

So alcohol then.

Still perfectly fine in moderation.

• Options

Okay.

So alcohol then.

So's smoking.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Okay.

So alcohol then.

wgC7jZZ.jpg

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    genuine laughter, simon

• Options

how is this an argument

i was talking more about the idea of banning smoking now

which i find moronic

Ah. Yeah I think there's plenty of "softer" options for reducing the impact of smoking than a ban.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    @Deebaser‌

how is that shellback rum

it is on sale here for like, 7 dollars

@‌elendil

It's a solid mixing rum, better than Bacardi. For $7 it's a steal. Make a daiquiri :)

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Really struggling to figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to even attempt to do when defending vs high agi teams. Feels like I may as well not even have tackle zones at all and my skinks can safely be either ignored or knocked over by the entire opposition team. Even knocking players out doesn't seem to help.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

I don't think that could be done, is just the problem.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

You can smoke for awhile before feeling irreversible effects.

• Options
    young people (in the UK) already smoke and drink less than they used to

shit is on the way out in smoking's case and kids are being more sensible about drinking than they used to (in general terms)

basically teenagers are tedious cunts now

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    @japan‌
    German GP and Tour de France

It is a good morning for sports. Though a grey looking one over in Europe!

• Options

Okay.

So alcohol then.

Healthy, even.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Okay.

So alcohol then.

So's smoking.
    Define "moderately" in a way that an actual smoker might smoke in such a way.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Basically some advice beyond play someone equally shit or lol nuffle would be nice.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

how about murder

• Options

Okay.

So alcohol then.

So's smoking.

Define moderately in a way that an actual drinker might drink in such a way.

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/faqs.htm#heavyDrinking
    What do you mean by heavy drinking?
    For men, heavy drinking is typically defined as consuming 15 drinks or more per week. For women, heavy drinking is typically defined as consuming 8 drinks or more per week.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

how about murder

I think a ban on murder should be considered

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2865193/
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Mens_Health_Watch/2012/May/light-smoking-dangerous-in-any-dose
    Moderate smoking is bad for your health if you define it as light or intermittent smoking. Basically, any claim that moderate smoking is OK is full of shit.

Couscous on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    nice day out....super cool

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    evilbob wrote: »
    Really struggling to figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to even attempt to do when defending vs high agi teams. Feels like I may as well not even have tackle zones at all and my skinks can safely be either ignored or knocked over by the entire opposition team. Even knocking players out doesn't seem to help.

mark high agi players with 2 sauruses on opposite sides. this makes it real hard to escape as they have to make a difficult (5+) dodge roll to escape, or tie up multiple players to blitz out at a strength disadvantage.

use your skinks as the second player in a two-deep screen to protect them from getting hits on defense.

Once you work up a numbers advantage you can more aggressively pursue the ball, but until you do against high agi or slippery teams you keep your screens up and you mark players that break free with multiple TZ's

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    nice day out....super cool

polar sharknado... two

• Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2865193/
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Mens_Health_Watch/2012/May/light-smoking-dangerous-in-any-dose
    Moderate smoking is bad for your health if you define it as light or intermittent smoking. Basically, any claim that moderate smoking is OK is full of shit.

I'm not saying it's -good- for you but if you're going to ban something because it -might- kill you then you're going to need to ban alot of somethings so that you don't appear biased against a personal choice.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

how about murder

Fascist

• Options

Okay.

So alcohol then.

So's smoking.

Define moderately in a way that an actual drinker might drink in such a way.

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/faqs.htm#heavyDrinking
    What do you mean by heavy drinking?
    For men, heavy drinking is typically defined as consuming 15 drinks or more per week. For women, heavy drinking is typically defined as consuming 8 drinks or more per week.

I drink

I drink less than that

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    First world problems: when I download something at max speed, my whole system slows to a crawl because the hard drive can't keep up.

I need a faster hard drive.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

how about murder

i think it's fine as long as it's done in moderation

edit: i'm not making fun

i just like finding some things that aren't okay in moderation

tyrannus on
  • Options
    you don't have an SSD?

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    First world problems: when I download something at max speed, my whole system slows to a crawl because the hard drive can't keep up.

I need a faster hard drive.

I think that's just a Swedish problem.

This discussion has been closed.