As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gentlemen, you can't [Chat] in here, this is the War Room!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Elo hell is real

I'm a ~middling tier silver player when I actually give a crap about grinding my elo (my 5s teams is all low-mid golds and I don't drag them down)

anyway my nephew is wood 5 tier, like, if you've seen saltyteemo? he's about there

anyway I tried playing his account to get him out of bronze 5 and it was impossible, my gold 1 friend managed to carry him out but it took an absurd number of games

ofc then the season changed and he ended up back in bronze 5 cuz he belongs there

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I like seeing the people, just makes it feel less anonymous.

not a huge deal but I prefer it over it not being there. as long as it isn't covering anything important of course.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Man.

We're certainly of the opinion that ever being mad is beneath us up in here.

If only we all had the collective self control of people who never got angry and looked down on others for it.

you are learning, grasshopper

(for real though learning not to go berserk at the slightest provocation or frustration is the very first social lesson that functional human beings learn in this world. u should have this licked around kindergarten or so.)

I did do a lot of licking in Kindergarten. I was the first 4 year old ever on a sex offender registry. My parents were so proud.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I get mad maybe once a year. It's something I find difficult to relate to

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Podly wrote: »
    Good point desque

Also shazchester69 can I have some?

Also re: sports -- the adult response to your team losing a big game is bowed head resignation followed by a week or more of harrowing depression

Don't forget throwing your hat / jersey on the floor in disgust when you get home, only to wash it a week later, gently fold it up and put it away until next year.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Good point desque

Also re: sports -- the adult response to your team losing a big game is bowed head resignation followed by a week or more of harrowing depression

Pfft.

The adult response to your team losing is resignation as you watch the team's captain's beheading followed by having a bag thrown over your head before being put in front of the firing squad.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Man.

If only we all had the collective self control of people who never got angry and looked down on others for it.

(for real though learning not to go berserk at the slightest provocation or frustration is the very first social lesson that functional human beings learn in this world. u should have this licked around kindergarten or so.)

I thought that was the modus operandi as well - and then I got on the internet and played games with people.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I figure my chances at being a mod are better than they ever were. The way I sees it, is that I'm basically gleaming the cube at this point. I'm either going to wind up in the wastelands, or judge dredd.

Border officers are basically Judge Dredd. They can more or less act as a lay immigration judge in the case of a person they have just arrested if the arrest takes place near the border.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    and it is surprisingly good, mostly

I mean just the fact that it isn't horrifying and soul-rending is amazing

but it was pretty good re: disabilities and shit

and yes I have played it

One of the things that was interesting considering it was 4chan made there is a check box that turns off all the sex stuff so you just get the story.

also the fact that that button would also cut out a bit of the story

there was no gratuitious sex scenes

or, well, there was in the one storyline but that's because all of it was terribly written and I'd like a button that disabled like all of that one but they had different writers for different things

for the most part the game was adorable

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Man.

also "don't bottle it up" is the worst tip ever

bottle it up, keep it inside, control it, and it goes away

a useful definition of adult would be having learned to not be controlled by your emotions

Thank god nobody suggested that to Sara Bareilles.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I've had my silver promo series ruined by some of the dumbest shit.
    I just dont play ranked anymore.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I forgot FunCom doenst like to send email right away

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    This seems like Mann vs. Machine mode in TF2. On a team of 6 you can carry one bad player as long as he/she is not engineer or Medic. If you have 2 it is like pounding your dick with a hammer.

• Options
    I get mad

just you know, continue to act like a human. you're allowed to feel emotion.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Man.

I thought that was the modus operandi as well - and then I got on the internet and played games with people.

tbf i did specify functional human beings

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Good point desque

Don't forget throwing your hat / jersey on the floor in disgust when you get home, only to wash it a week later, gently fold it up and put it away until next year.

wash... jersey?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys. Ever being upset about video games ever is just dumb and you should feel ashamed about it.

This is just the case.

Not really, no. I am sensing some pent up frustration against fans being released onto this ideology though.

People who play video games are the fucking worst.

And yet domestic violence rises measurably every time there's a world cup game but that's fine it's not video games

Um, this seems like a variation on the myth that Super Bowl Sunday causes a spike in domestic violence.

Fourth of July and New Years are neck and neck for the honor of causing the biggest DV spike iirc.

Generally the build up period around the holidays is where you see the spike.

This is not true in my experience.

e: At least, the spike in actually requesting a restraining order came after holidays.

kedinik on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

you didn't get mad when your faulty design sent a flaming ball of fire into a crowd of people

you have transcended anger

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Destiny will be awesome.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    they could have tried checking the name with someone with a good grasp of japanese to see if, for example, the name is super un-pc in japan, but y'know

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    ugh, i probably don't REALLY need a chromebook but it seems super convenient for programming on the couch since all my coding is done over ssh anyway.............THIS $20 DEAL MAY GO AWAY SOON I BETTER BUY IT NOW

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    @Variable I took a break from my Royal Rumble marathon to watch Wrestlemania 13. Goddamn that submission match between Bret Hart and Steve Austin. THe blood running down Austin's face while in the sharpshooter is an iconic image.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Man, I've got the best boyfriend

...for like another week and 4 days...

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Hey butts

How are your butts butting today?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    I'm not sure the last time I wasn't mad.

Last time I made out with a girl I told her "you were just in the mouth of madness."

Then she literally disappeared right in front of me.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Man.

tbf i did specify functional human beings

You win this round.

• Options
    Hey butts

Some of them hurt.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    destiny looks sick as balls

looking forward to playing it with PA crew

@elki @Deebaser‌ @syndalis‌

any other xboners on here these days?

@Irond Will‌ i am here

everyone can friend me OnTheLastCastle

it'll be a hard gamertag to remember

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

You still have time to register your boyfriend before the trial period ends, Mim.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Man.

also "don't bottle it up" is the worst tip ever

bottle it up, keep it inside, control it, and it goes away

a useful definition of adult would be having learned to not be controlled by your emotions

Slight modification. Bottle it in the moment, but that shit has an expiration date and you best find some healthy outlets to deal with the aggression in your life.

Sitting on a mountain of anger with no outlet eventually leads to bad things.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I get mad, I recognize that I am getting angry, and I try my best to still act like I should and not do something stupid because I'm angry

or get the hell out and smoke cigarettes until I know I won't kill anyone

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I get mad

just you know, continue to act like a human. you're allowed to feel emotion.

no

emotion is weakness entering the body

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

Totally not my business but this is a thing that I cannot fathom or understand. It is literally the most foreign concept I've ever encountered on these forums.

• Options
    Hey butts

Good butts to you.

Mine is ok.

My calves are still sore from running a few days ago.

• Options
    always a good move.

phenomenal match within both of their careers too. like their trajectory.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    nerds halp:

I am feeding this table delicious data treats but the column width is too small. How do I change in sybase?

I thought this should work
    Alter table tablename_consolidation alter report_category varchar(20) null

but it do nt.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Good point desque

Ahhh yes this too

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    and it is surprisingly good, mostly

I mean just the fact that it isn't horrifying and soul-rending is amazing

but it was pretty good re: disabilities and shit

and yes I have played it

One of the things that was interesting considering it was 4chan made there is a check box that turns off all the sex stuff so you just get the story.

also the fact that that button would also cut out a bit of the story

there was no gratuitious sex scenes

or, well, there was in the one storyline but that's because all of it was terribly written and I'd like a button that disabled like all of that one but they had different writers for different things

for the most part the game was adorable

It is a game I would of never touched if it wasn't for [chat] talking about it.

The game actually brought the feels for me.

I was fucking shocked.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    So today I wake up and my dad texts me with the following

"Mom is in surgery"

And I respond with

"For what"

And then silence. Meanwhile I'm imagining my mom dying, the funeral, whether my dad will be happy on his own, etc.

Then I call my dad, it's surgery on her hand for arthritis, totally scheduled ahead of time, no one told me.

Thanks

Thanks dad.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

The one thing that really makes me mad is other people getting mad.

There is very little in the world that makes me angry. But when people get angry at me I can get absolutely furious.

This discussion has been closed.