Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

1343536373840»

• ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    uqyr997g9odh.jpg

Right side is traditional paint and a coat of wash. Left is that new contrast paint, just one coat over gray primer. I'm fucking impressed!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh hey, the updated Thornfall Theme Force.

Let's see what changed...
    Farrow warbeast models gain Salvage. (When a warjack is destroyed while in the melee range of a model with Salvage, remove d6 damage points from the model with Salvage. If the destroyed warjack was a heavy warjack or a colossal, remove +3 additional damage points from the model with Salvage.)

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Lord_AsmodeusEvil Multifarious
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    So I registered for a Warmahordes side event at NOVA Open but I haven't played in a couple years. And I am really confused. Apparently it will be using the new rules that are coming out? Is there a good summary somewhere? Or do we not not really know everything until GenCon?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    So I registered for a Warmahordes side event at NOVA Open but I haven't played in a couple years. And I am really confused. Apparently it will be using the new rules that are coming out? Is there a good summary somewhere? Or do we not not really know everything until GenCon?

Can you specify on new rules? New steamroller rules, or new theme rules?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
    Brody wrote: »

"NOVA Open will be using the Pre-release themes and the rules for all WARMACHINE and HORDES events."

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

"NOVA Open will be using the Pre-release themes and the rules for all WARMACHINE and HORDES events."

My best guess is that it is referencing the new rules for themes, which will officially pre-release on GenCon.

It won't likely change any of the things available to you, but it does change how you can reach free units. As long as all of your units fall within theme allowable units, you can take 1 free thing from the list of available things, regardless of whether the 25 points was spent on units with a keyword in their title, or filler solos.

https://home.privateerpress.com/2019/07/02/theme-forces-revisited-a-primer/

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The new Cryx living pirates mashup looks very strong, probably the strongest theme in the faction. I won't play it, but it's potent.

I'm pleased with black industries incorporating thralls

Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    So since all the new themes are out I have started trying to decide what to play. Any advice on these lists?

https://conflictchamber.com/?c2201b_-1O3K3N223U2d3Sf73z3z3B3B2_2M2M2K2L

Protectorate
    [Theme] Guardians of the Temple

[Thyra 1] Thyra, Flame of Sorrow [+29]
    - Blood of Martyrs [16]
    - Reckoner [16]
    - Sanctifier [14]
    - Vanquisher [17]
    Nicia, Tear of Vengeance [0(5)]
    Pyrrhus, Flameguard Hero [0(5)]
    Vassal of Menoth [0(3)]
    Vassal of Menoth [0(3)]
    Wrack [1]
    Wrack [1]
    Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
    Daughters of the Flame [10]
    Daughters of the Flame [10]
    Temple Flameguard (max) [11]
    - Temple Flameguard Officer & Standard [4]

https://conflictchamber.com/?cc201b_-1-d8dBd9d9d6dbdddddddCdCdCdedzdF

Convergence
    [Theme] Destruction Initiative

[Axis 1] Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer [+30]
    - Corollary [6]
    - Inverter [15]
    - Inverter [15]
    - Mitigator [7]
    - Prime Axiom [37]
    Accretion Servitors [2]
    Accretion Servitors [2]
    Accretion Servitors [2]
    Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex [0(2)]
    Attunement Servitors [0(4)]
    Optifex Directive [0(4)]
    Transfinite Emergence Projector [19]

https://conflictchamber.com/?cc201b_-1-d8dBd5d9d9d9dddddCdCdCdededfdzdFdF

Convergence
    [Theme] Destruction Initiative

[Axis 1] Axis, the Harmonic Enforcer [+30]
    - Corollary [6]
    - Galvanizer [5]
    - Inverter [15]
    - Inverter [15]
    - Inverter [15]
    Accretion Servitors [2]
    Accretion Servitors [2]
    Elimination Servitors [3]
    Optifex Directive [4]

edited August 4
    Got a chance to demo Riot Quest at the Privateer booth... and I think I really like it?

Not sure if it was related to how, in the three-player demo, we ended up putting Hungerford’s crew all in the cooler at the same time.

But yeah. Mechanically it works a little like MonPoc with the white action dice, but you’re rotating around the board after activating a model. So you have six action dice at the start of the turn, and you can choose to activate one model. Actions generally cost 1 dice to perform, and that dice is put on the character card itself. When making a attack, you automatically get some blue dice for accuracy and you have to spend at least one white dice, but can spend more if you really need something to hit. Roll hits, compare to a character’s DEF, which is usually split like DEF 3/5. If you have, say, three hits you do one point of damage, but if you have 5 you do 2.

...oh yeah, how you win. There’s a deck of Bounties that give you two objectives. Some are easy, like “kill a enemy model,” but some like Bombing Run are a bit trickier. A bomb spawns in the middle, and whoever runs over it picks it up. You have to carry it to the point (that was randomly designated when the bounty showed up) and make a test to actually rig it. If you succeed at the bounty, you take the cars and get the VP that are marked on it, and a new bounty shows up.

There’s also treasure chests that can spawn that people can fight over that can give you coins to buy a Riot Gear item to attach to a character. Characters can only have one equipped, and lose it on death. You also drop a coin on the board when you die that anyone can grab.

At the end of a full round (when everyone’s out of dice), you roll one dice for every character that you have that’s dead, and revive that many. You roll a d6 and that spawn point on the board is where they enter.

Didn’t get a chance to grab a starter since it was literally 5:55 PM and the hall was closing. Might go back and grab it tomorrow.

Oh yeah, squad size. You can have a max of four characters in the arena at one time, but you can have more on your bench to whatever limit you agree with your opponent on.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Nechriah
  • NechriahNechriah Registered User regular
    Riot Quest does look like fun, I definitely want to get Gorman 2 and the Thamarite pirate lady

edited August 4
    I tried to pry details about Helga on Wheels out of Hungerford, but all I got was that she’s on a large base and the mini is “amazing.”

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    4ZkHGL6.png?1

PYG. TANK.

Leadfoot and Treads are apparently their names.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Lord_AsmodeusNechriahToothy