As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Eyes up, Guardians. Our adventure begins!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Also drops are harder to come by in retail over beta. I know because in beta I had full green gear without trying, in retail haven't seen a blue drop yet.

makes sense, but still!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So last night I set an alarm for midnight...yeah short story here: I shut it off and never actually woke up. So I woke up this morning and got about 30 minutes in then took my Vita with me to work. By the way, remote play works great. Being able to grind stuff out on my lunch breaks will probably go a long way. The only complaint I have is the Vita's joysticks, but they're functional. I just wouldn't do any PVP or strikes on it.

So I'm level 5 now and planning to do the first strike tonight. So so good.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Also realized that the level 5 magnum I've been using has 60 attack... so it's probably time to upgrade my weapons. haha.

Yeah the vanguard weapons despite being green actually seem to have lower attack than even their white equivs. But they look sweet.

I hit up the Vanguard Armory at level 11 (expecting the gear to be crummy, like 50ish attack) and found that the weapons had 106 attack. Are they scaling with my level, or are there two tiers, or what? The 106 attack primary was better than the 91 I had, so I bought it. Also seemed more in line with my auto rifle preferences (lower rate of fire, higher impact).

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    I said it earlier but I believe it levels on the 5's, because when I was level 3 the guns were rank 5, but I haven't checked again since I hit 8 I figure they are probably rank 10.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Also realized that the level 5 magnum I've been using has 60 attack... so it's probably time to upgrade my weapons. haha.

Yeah the vanguard weapons despite being green actually seem to have lower attack than even their white equivs. But they look sweet.

It can still 1shot stuff with headshots (playing level 8s stuff) but I need to be able to put more bullets out. Really noticed how slow I was killing when I did a strike and had a horrendously low kill count compared to the other players, lol.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

It can still 1shot stuff with headshots (playing level 8s stuff) but I need to be able to put more bullets out. Really noticed how slow I was killing when I did a strike and had a horrendously low kill count compared to the other players, lol.

Yeah that was my issue with the revolver when I was doing a strike this morning, then again I got the most rewards because I rezzed them like ten times seriously stop dying you fucking idiots! Or if you are, rez a mohawked sister when she gets dropped LITERALLY RIGHT NEXT TO YOU ASSHOLE! Swear to god if people don't get how to rez someone it literally flashed the button you have to hit next to the persons name. YOU CAN EVEN START IT ON THE MOVE!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Just cleared all of the Moon missions with a few folks - thanks to OptimusZed for bailing us out when we couldn't beat one particular boss on Hard with two people.

Was planning on jumping into the Moon strike at level 11-12, but from what I've read, I'll probably hit up Venus tonight and come back for the Moon strike later. Now: clan management time.
    Always happy to help.

On a related note: The Vex are bullshit. That is all.

Would you describe them as... vexing?

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Ugh I'm going to be in sociology until like 7pm pst. When I get home you guys better play with me! I wanna so some fireteam story shenanigans.

PSN: BillyIdle_
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Ugh I'm going to be in sociology until like 7pm pst. When I get home you guys better play with me! I wanna so some fireteam story shenanigans.

Are you on the bone billy? I'll play with you if you are, if you are not. WELL FUCK YOU I HATE YOUR RAW SEXUALITY!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Played from 12am to 7am cuz I'm insane like that (per the wife). Fireteam split up right as we got to Venus so I stopped and went to PvP after that. Want to see the Venus story with a fire team for funs n stuff. Add me on the bone.

Trojan35 on
    I dunno Trojan your name seems to spell something I want at first but get more than I bargained for.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

Yeah that was my issue with the revolver when I was doing a strike this morning, then again I got the most rewards because I rezzed them like ten times seriously stop dying you fucking idiots! Or if you are, rez a mohawked sister when she gets dropped LITERALLY RIGHT NEXT TO YOU ASSHOLE! Swear to god if people don't get how to rez someone it literally flashed the button you have to hit next to the persons name. YOU CAN EVEN START IT ON THE MOVE!

lol, at its worst I got ganked by two stealth vandals with snipers... repeatedly. I was the shame of the fireteam u_u

We got through the whole thing though, so there was that. But man was it embarrassing.

edit: I'M ALSO SHAMELESSLY WEARING A LEVEL 1 UNCOMMON CHEST PIECE. It has +discipline!!!11.. ;p

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Its awesome how your gear begins to look better the higher you level up

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    @preacher
    Sorry homie, this cat is in Sony's bag.
    Also, my rare emblem might not be so rare after people start finding all the gold chests on the moon :'(

PSN: BillyIdle_
    DAMN YOUR SEXUALITY BILLY DAMN IT TO A PLACE WHERE IT BELONGS LIKE A NEW JERSEY BAR!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Seemed like a ton of Playstation gamers though in line who were blind buying and really had no Bungie experience (doubt they played Oni or Myth...)

Also i was shocked at how many people were walking out of the EB with the destiny PS4 bundle, I saw probably 50 of them, insane. (Also the box that thing comes in is TINY, how is there a whole PS4 in there?!)

I admit I know jack-all about this game and I am thinking of blind buying. Why? I'm tired of my PS4 gathering dust.

Well I could see blind buying destiny for a new console, I couldn't see blind buying a new console and destiny though, that seems presumptive.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    phhryjj1z6gb.jpg

What? Oh no, fuck you UPS!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Fuck you logistics!

Reminds me of my ordeal with Fed Ex and my xbone.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    I dunno Trojan your name seems to spell something I want at first but get more than I bargained for.

Correct. If you don't start with the Trojan, you end up only being able to play video games after 8pm.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    One thing I really like is that your gear drops are always level appropriate, no matter what mission you're in. Obviously a lot less likely to get greens, but I like being able to jump in to a mission with some level 2's and still get a level 6 chest piece for myself out of it.

Hit level 8, and just finished Earth missions (minus the Strike). On to the Devil's Lair and the Moon later tonight!

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • nusunusu Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Just cleared all of the Moon missions with a few folks - thanks to OptimusZed for bailing us out when we couldn't beat one particular boss on Hard with two people.

Was planning on jumping into the Moon strike at level 11-12, but from what I've read, I'll probably hit up Venus tonight and come back for the Moon strike later. Now: clan management time.
    Always happy to help.

On a related note: The Vex are bullshit. That is all.

Would you describe them as... vexing?

Posts like this are why we need a YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH button

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Gaah, stupid network errors booting me from the mission every five minutes.

You're on the 360 right echo? I swear no one else seems to be having your issues.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    phhryjj1z6gb.jpg

I'm in the same boat. Best Buy has them in stock, I'll probably just make Amazon eat the shipping. Guaranteed shipping, my shiny metal ass - they didn't even get it to UPS until 11:45pm last night.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I have to thank @Marikir‌ for reviving me about a dozen times last night. I pretty much when in and was like "Hey, hows the weat...blam! Could you revive me?"

I did one more mission after he left and my precision kills to total kills was 50% at one point. And I was one fucking kill from getting the 100 kills bounty without dying and that one invisible asshole come up from behind and ganked me.

Grunt's Ghosts on
    I was proud of myself I completed kill a hundred dudes even stupidly trying to solo a spider tank in between. Because I'm suicidal!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    phhryjj1z6gb.jpg

I'm in the same boat. Best Buy has them in stock, I'll probably just make Amazon eat the shipping. Guaranteed shipping, my shiny metal ass - they didn't even get it to UPS until 11:45pm last night.

UPS doesn't normally deliver here until very late in the evening, so there's still hope.

But damnit, it better get here. There will be blood otherwise!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    well to make up for my ill-timed mid-air attempt at a Titan Smash in the Crucible, i present to you all this little beauty,

http://youtu.be/3O-ENl-ONmk

BOOM!! that nifty move also netted me the 'Triple Play' achievement for killing one of each class without dying.

• IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    Pfew.. Was stressing on making it home in time to install the game, patch, and hope that Bungie.net wasn't wang'ed enough for me to get into the PS4 clan. Success! Looking forward to this greatly.

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I was proud of myself I completed kill a hundred dudes even stupidly trying to solo a spider tank in between. Because I'm suicidal!

Haha I did this exact thing earlier today.

On my Vita.

I was at like 90 dudes and the spider tank dropped and I was just like "Whelp, I can't just run away from it." Luckily managed to kill his spawns to get to 100 before he killed me.

Nice wraith, if that was me I would have somehow slammed the wall and gotten throwing knife fucked. I literally got picked out of the air with a throwing knife this morning.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Making the switch to defender.

I have no idea how this works from now on. Leveling, class features, whatever.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Nice wraith, if that was me I would have somehow slammed the wall and gotten throwing knife fucked. I literally got picked out of the air with a throwing knife this morning.

unfortunately i know that i will never do anything that awesome again, so i might as well just stop playing that. that's it for me, that's as good as it's ever gonna get. better to go out on a high note.....
    *immediately boots up Destiny and proceeds to get kerb stomped*

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So far PSN and the PS4 Destiny servers have been pretty solid. But we're about to enter that critical True Rush period, where everyone gets home from work...so fingers crossed it all stays working!

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Hehe, that is what happens. You have one perfect amazing kill streak, and then never again. Its like how I beat Double Dragon 3, one time, ONE FUCKING TIME!!! And never again.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I bought this more as a thing to get for my starved-for-games PS4 than genuine excitement for the game itself, but man I'm loving these moon missions. I kind of wish that the PvP multiplayer stuff felt a bit more balanced, that AoE slam down just sort of ruins capture point holding in general, but the PvE is crazy fun.

I'd say yes and no, all three classes can in theory blow up a point, but you don't get super like candy, and from my experience with control people don't frequently bunch up on points.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Level 16. I just feel dirty playing this long. Don't think I've ever sat and played a game like this. I just can't stop.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Alright, all installed and set up on the XB1, joined the clan, did the first two tutorial missions.
    Are there any other rewards for having participated in the beta besides the emblem?

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
This discussion has been closed.