Options

Pokemon Thread: Darkrai codes May 1-24th through Gamestop

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm using Mew in the Cuteness contest right now. Crushing it, naturally.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Thread title should say something about being sure to get your mew this month (for the us and canada at least)

I should go get mine later today probably, gotta finish my stupid work first

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I tried, but apparently 10 AM on a Sunday is just too early for GameStop.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    10 AM on a Sunday is too early for anything, what are you even doing

Get back to bed

• Options
    10 AM on a Sunday is too early for anything, what are you even doing

Get back to bed

I literally can't! The Man has ground me down and now if I'm not up by 7:30 at the latest my entire day is ruined. I forced myself to stay in bed until about 9 AM one day last weekend and felt like absolute garbage all day.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I've never played an AR game before and so that all sounds like weird future shit to me that I probably won't be able to take part in

Like, I'll have to be outside pointing my phone at stuff to see the Pokemon on-screen? If I'm getting the gist of it right? And then battle them using on-screen commands to catch them?

What do you do when you catch them? Just battle them against other trainers? If so, would they have to be local, would they have to be next to you in person also with their phone out?

That game still doesn't sound real to me

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't think they'll actually do much with the AR, or at least it will be largely optional

it will be like ingress but instead of points you got pkmn

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    we don't really know what that game will be!

Niantic's other game, Ingress, uses map data to basically create a big giant game of Graffiti from Tony Hawk

you connect lines between landmarks you're passing by in the real world and use them to create zones that generate points for your faction

you can attack, upgrade and defend those points of interest but there's not a lot of systems beyond that

so we'll see what they take from Ingress and apply to the pokemon formula

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    You will probably just get a google maps view of the world around you with points representinf pokemon

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    You will probably just get a google maps view of the world around you with points representinf pokemon

But they already did this!

(It was oddly entertaining)

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Yay got two Mews!
    Slowly working my way through X again. Which game has the better post-game content? X or OR? Just wondering so I know where to move all my pokes and begin work on a living Dex

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    It's been a while since i beat AS but I don't really remember it having much post game stuff, I mean it could have but I don't remember it so I guess it didn't really grab me

I remember the post game stuff in Y really well on the other hand so I'd say do X over OR

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I have a 600 MB data limit, Pokemon Go will kill me.
    Snowbear wrote: »
    Yay got two Mews!
    Slowly working my way through X again. Which game has the better post-game content? X or OR? Just wondering so I know where to move all my pokes and begin work on a living Dex

Pokemon X has the Battle Chateau, Being A Detective, and all the clothing stuff. The advantage to OR is that you have access to all the Mega-Stones in one game.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    What's all this about a new Pokémon being revealed?

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    magiana.jpg

Apparently it's linked to Volcanion in an upcoming movie, so I'm guessing it's going to be connected to Pokemon Z2 or whatever the third game of this Gen is called and will be made available in the previous games via update.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Didn't they never update X and Y with ORAS's new mega evolutions? I feel like a brand new pokemon has got to be part of gen 7.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Didn't they never update X and Y with ORAS's new mega evolutions? I feel like a brand new pokemon has got to be part of gen 7.

They did not.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    YggiDee wrote: »
    I have a 600 MB data limit, Pokemon Go will kill me.
    Snowbear wrote: »
    Yay got two Mews!

Pokemon X has the Battle Chateau, Being A Detective, and all the clothing stuff. The advantage to OR is that you have access to all the Mega-Stones in one game.

Oh shit I just remembered that OR/AS has all the move tutors as well. Basically X/Y has a better postgame if you want to get cash money (chateau) and bulk spend it on Evolutionary stones, nice clothes, and Premier Balls (The superior Pokeball) , but OR/AS has the daycare, move tutors, and battle maison all on the same island, and you can go in circles forever just by holding 'up'. ORAS is also better for EV training because you can use Sweet Scent in the rain. But X/Y has the Friend Safari, and ORAS has a billion fucking legendaries. Maybe catch everything you can in X and then jam them into OR for training and breeding?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh hey there's this thread
    So I just bought X
    The last time I played Pokémon was like, a total of 2 hours of Diamond so I feel like I'm back in the deep end here

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So I just bought X
    The last time I played Pokémon was like, a total of 2 hours of Diamond so I feel like I'm back in the deep end here

Well

What's awesome about Pokemon is that you can play it your way

Just roll with it, have fun, catch what you like, play casual

Or

Be a crazy obsessive and catch all the Pokeymans

Or

Be an even crazier obsessive and get into the whole "I only want Pokemon with the best hidden stats"

• Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Nah, there's still at least one Pokemon in the code of the existing games that hasn't been released (incidentally the one that is associated with this one). I could see them leaving this one out either because they hadn't decided if they were going to use it yet, or intentionally to prevent it from getting leaked by dataminers.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So I just bought X

Well

What's awesome about Pokemon is that you can play it your way

Just roll with it, have fun, catch what you like, play casual

Or

Be a crazy obsessive and catch all the Pokeymans

Or

Be an even crazier obsessive and get into the whole "I only want Pokemon with the best hidden stats"

Or

Be an even crazier obsessive and get into the whole "I only want Pokemon with the best hidden stats" and then never use them in battle. Theory-craft teams you will never send out into the vast abyss that is multiplayer.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I enjoy breeding Pokemon. Although I don't try to assemble teams that are specifically competitive in the multiplayer, if I'm gonna have a team of turtles I want them to be the best damn turtles they can be. Also, having good stats makes fighting in the Battle Noun a lot less frustrating.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna go get the R/S remake today or tomorrow.

Which one should I get?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    So hey, the JRPG Thread reminded me,

Who would want to do a Mystery Egg Swap?

The idea is you play the game through until you can trade, then you get an egg traded. This becomes your new starter. You box your initial starter for the rest of the game.

You won't know what you'll get!

Last time we did this, people gave out some rather neat pokemon based on their own theme or what they thought the other person would like and it was a lot of fun.

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »

Which one should I get?

Sapphire, because blue is better than red

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Which one should I get?

i'm partial to ruby because pirates are lame

• Options

Which one should I get?

i'm partial to ruby because pirates are lame

Wait, are the campaigns actually different?

• Options
    I like sapphire because team magma actually has a point

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »

The idea is you play the game through until you can trade, then you get an egg traded. This becomes your new starter. You box your initial starter for the rest of the game.

Last time we did this, people gave out some rather neat pokemon based on their own theme or what they thought the other person would like and it was a lot of fun.

I'd be into it, but I've already committed to at least one Pokemon run that I'm not sure when I'll have time for. I can totally provide someone an egg though.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited February 2016
    -Tal wrote: »
    I like sapphire because team magma actually has a point

Well of course you would throw pokemon under the bus to benefit humanity.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular

I'd be into it, but I've already committed to at least one Pokemon run that I'm not sure when I'll have time for. I can totally provide someone an egg though.

Likewise! I'd be happy to try that for Pokemon Z (if there is a Z, with the same starter options as X or Y) though!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    has any video game achieved such ludonarrative harmony as the oceans of hoenn making you wish for more land and less ocean

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

I definitely want to do this for Z.

magiana.jpg

Apparently it's linked to Volcanion in an upcoming movie, so I'm guessing it's going to be connected to Pokemon Z2 or whatever the third game of this Gen is called and will be made available in the previous games via update.

Hmm, I wonder. Either Game Freak went "Look, this time we want to surprise you with a Mythical" or it's a teaser for Gen 7.

• Options
    But the ocean rules

• Options
    the nx needs to be super encrypted so nobody can see the pokemon and they need to hide a bunch of secret pokemon

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    has any video game achieved such ludonarrative harmony as the oceans of hoenn making you wish for more land and less ocean

I don't begrudge the ocean for existing. I begrudge the game designers for forcing me to spend a bunch of time in it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Pokemon Z would probably be a very good time to do it.

• Options
    Will Pokemon Z finally give us a Bug/Dragon Mega Flygon?

This discussion has been closed.