As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD HAS BEEN KRISPIED!

• Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    I thought Leeroy was nerfed? I just played and he's the same.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    The nerf is supposed to hit on the 22nd of September. They just announced it very early.

• Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    Ahh, gotcha.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    MMMig wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Actually, not Krip, but the other commentator (whose name I can't recall and don't care to) was way, WAY more sexist. It was kind of insane how often he'd talk about girl points. -_-'

Not a fan of krip either.

Also, I was looking into that headset they had but it doesn't specify if it's USB 2 or 3
    I have an old laptop :(

Unless there's something about headsets I don't know; it doesn't matter?

Well, if it's 3.0 and not backwards compatible it won't work on my 2.0 ports.

@MMMig It is. All 3.0 and 2.0 stuff will work with each other, just slower if one is 2.0. Which won't matter for a headset.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Jishian wrote: »
    Ahh, gotcha.

What makes him so absurd anyway? He's a Reckless Rocketeer that gives your opponent free stuff (which I always avoid.)

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Ahh, gotcha.

What makes him so absurd anyway? He's a Reckless Rocketeer that gives your opponent free stuff (which I always avoid.)

Him costing 4 mana allows for a lot of combos that can easily kill you from 20+ health. Reckless can't do that.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Ahh, gotcha.

He's not. He does 1 more damage and costs 2 less mana. The mana is the big thing. It allows for combos that are near (if not outright) OTK. The extra stuff doesn't matter because you play him with the intent of getting lethal.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    My question is, do I d/e my golden Leeroy or not? I have pretty much all the legendaries that are any good (and many that are pretty terrible), but seeing that 3200 dust rocket into my pool is tempting.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Might be dusting my Leeroy for a Ysera, then I'll have pretty much all of the good legendaries except for Tirion.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    So, deckbuilding. I'm gonna disenchant my Leeroy for a Geddon, so naturally, I also want to rebuild the old Control Hunter.

http://hearthstoneplayers.com/sparks-legend-control-hunter-guide/
    For the lazy, I'm pasting the decklist:
    Class Cards
    2 Hunter’s Mark
    2 Arcane Shot
    2 Explosive Trap
    2 Freezing Trap
    2 Snipe
    2 Eaglehorn Bow
    2 Deadly Shot
    2 Savannah Highmane

Neutral Cards
    2 Elven Archer
    2 Loot Hoarder
    2 Wild Pyromancer
    2 Acolyte of Pain
    2 Sen’jin Shieldmasta
    2 Azure Drake
    Baron Geddon
    Ragnaros the Firelord

I also played this deck a bit back then, I had replaced Geddon with Explosive Shot which was a common budget version.

So what cards have gained in Naxx, that could be good here?
    Webspinner, Haunted Creeper - I don't see them in this deck, because you don't really need the early plays and there is no beast synergy anyway. This is no miracle hunter.
    Mad Scientist - feels like the obvious replacement for Loot Hoarder, because he not only draws a card but puts it into play and has better stats. But he will draw suboptimal secrets and that might be very bad.
    Zombie Chow - Control card, but you can't heal it like priest and it counters your hero power in the control vs control matchup.
    Weblord - Tech against Zoo, but otherwise doesn't do enough.
    Loatheb - Yes, every deck needs this
    KelThuzad - could be a budget replacement for Rag, but strictly worse.
    Unstable Ghoul, Deathlord, Sludge Belcher - I'm grouping these, because they all have taunt. All good control minions.

The problem will be the curve and card draw. We obviously want to replace TazDingo with Sludge Belcher. But if we also run Loatheb, we need to drop the Azure Drakes and that leaves us with just the Mad Scientist/Loot Hoarder and the Acolyte of Pain for draw. So for a first shot, I see this:
    http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=71798/control-hunter
    Hunter (18)
    Hunter's Mark x2
    Arcane Shot x2
    Flare x2
    Explosive Trap x2
    Freezing Trap x2
    Snipe x2
    Eaglehorn Bow x2
    Deadly Shot x2
    Savannah Highmane x2

Neutral (12)
    Bloodmage Thalnos
    Mad Scientist x2
    Wild Pyromancer x2
    Acolyte of Pain x2
    Loatheb
    Sludge Belcher x2
    Baron Geddon
    Ragnaros the Firelord
    I have done the changes mentioned above and replaced the Elven Archers with Flare. There's not too many 1 health minions being played and with Arcane Shot and Wild Pyro I feel you have enough options to kill minions that have been Hunter's Marked. I prefer Flare to Tracking because with this deck you might actually go to long games.

That leaves one slot open, I have filled it with Thalnos for now. He combos with two of the traps and Arcane shot. Also he replaces himself, which is valuable. I have also considered Spellbreaker for that slot, he fits the curve better and sometimes you desperately need a Silence.

I've been using Spark's which is similar but doesn't run Flare at all and subs the Belcher for Sen'Jin and adds in Azure's for card draw. It's a fun deck and Baron is a lifesaver most games.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    My question is, do I d/e my golden Leeroy or not? I have pretty much all the legendaries that are any good (and many that are pretty terrible), but seeing that 3200 dust rocket into my pool is tempting.

Do it! Leeroy needs to be vanished all to hell. Even his creator, PA's very own Gabe, disapproves of its use.

@MMMig It is. All 3.0 and 2.0 stuff will work with each other, just slower if one is 2.0. Which won't matter for a headset.

Ah, interesting. I have a brand new 3.0 headset for which the microphone isn't working and I thought that might be why. I know back in the day my 2.0 usb hub wasn't working on my 1.0 ports. Heck I think my ports might even be 1.0. I just noticed that my laptop is from 2011 and still my main gaming machine. ^^' (#cheapbastard)

Thanks to @Heartlash‌ for the newegg recommendation back then. =)

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Ahh, gotcha.

Him costing 4 mana allows for a lot of combos that can easily kill you from 20+ health. Reckless can't do that.

Also, his downside was rarely ever an issue. Like 99.99999% of the time Leeroy was used as a huge burst damage combo to just finish games outright. It really made for stupid games of "get him down to X hp and then just do the combo next turn." A ton of games revolved around this (mainly Miracle Rogue) and it was just boring as hell.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    The Ender wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Trump's chat is usually okay. I personally find it hilarious how abusive the chat is towards Reynad.

Reynad sort-of encourages it.

Reynad seems alright to me, but he loooooves drama & attention.

(the last of my posts, I promise!)

I used to enjoy Reynad's stream because he spoke a lot and explained his moves. Recently though, since someone pointed out just how young he is I started noticing more and more how it shows in his persona. That made the stream a lot less appealing since he tends to complain a lot and he doesn't do much to discourage the toxic behaviour from his viewers. 90% of his donations are just for him to read out some of the stupid toxic crap from his viewers and he kind of just takes it. It's a tough spot to be in, I understand, but yeah, I guess I don't need that and just don't watch him anymore.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    with hunter nuked it looks like shaman will rise again, they are good against both control warrior and handlock and can do well against zoo depending on getting the clutch early draws of stormforged, feral spirit, lightning storm, etc

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I haven't made a HS card in a while so I thought I'd give it a go.

t0pnosrdokgn.png

My friend works at Bungie and this was my gift to him for the hard work and effort he put into Destiny. His dog always does hides behind things and believes we can't see him. The worst is this row of bushes in their backyard where he's completely visible but swears he's not.

Sammy is OP. Pls nerf.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I am thinking I may dust leeroy when the nerf happens. I'd rather have multiple other legendaries as I tend towards control, and I rarely play miracle although it's lots of fun.

I have around 2k dust and I can't decide between harrison and ysera. if I dust him I can make both, or maybe cenarius. mmmmm.

edit - I need to say this again... I was in class today and I realized how OVER my life is going to be when this comes out on mobile. I have a few card games on my phone but I've never looked at them because there's a learning curve and I generally hate gaming on my phone. but there's no way I'll be able to control myself with this.

Whats funny is that this doesnt stop it from happening with other classes.

Shaman : Leeroy + attack + Reincarnate + attack + Reincarnate + rockbiter + attack = 10 mana == 21 damage.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Re: control hunter

the lists posted by @grobian look close to what I was running. I think flare still earns its place right now. Although I certainly want to cut it. I would want to include unstable ghouls to also trigger acolytes and help with hunter's mark if elven archer gets cut (which I think is reasonable).

I do not have thalnos or geddon since I have been loving users against other control decks in priest and control warrior. I am not sure I would even feel comfortable with geddon as I seem to always find a way to get busted down.

azure drakes were solid before but I can seem them getting replaced by thalnos, however card draw is the biggest issue so I think both replacements need to generate some kind of card advantage or do something to ease that particular ailment.

I also want to squeeze in a single misdirection. Mostly to try it but I am not sure where.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Yeah, the mobile version of Hearthstone is gonna be a soul sucker. I'm getting an iPhone 6 Plus specifically for a better Hearthstone (and general gaming) experience.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    azith28 wrote: »
    I am thinking I may dust leeroy when the nerf happens. I'd rather have multiple other legendaries as I tend towards control, and I rarely play miracle although it's lots of fun.

I have around 2k dust and I can't decide between harrison and ysera. if I dust him I can make both, or maybe cenarius. mmmmm.

edit - I need to say this again... I was in class today and I realized how OVER my life is going to be when this comes out on mobile. I have a few card games on my phone but I've never looked at them because there's a learning curve and I generally hate gaming on my phone. but there's no way I'll be able to control myself with this.

Shaman : Leeroy + attack + Reincarnate + attack + Reincarnate + rockbiter + attack = 10 mana == 21 damage.

That's a four card combo that uses all your mana and is severely hampered by any sort of Taunt. Miracle rogue used three cards and 8 mana to deal 18 damage and still had 2 mana left over for more damage or Sap.

Rius on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    with hunter nuked it looks like shaman will rise again, they are good against both control warrior and handlock and can do well against zoo depending on getting the clutch early draws of stormforged, feral spirit, lightning storm, etc

I for one welcome our new Shaman overlords.

(I will be one of them.)

Seriously, hunters have been the main obstacle preventing the march of Shamanigans. You've either had to go so ridiculously taunt-heavy that your deck fails against almost any non-hunter, non-aggro deck, or else just hope you don't run into too many hunters (fat chance).

I think the most notable metagame consequence of the hunter nerf will be the re-emergence of ubiquitous zoo decks, however.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »

That's a four card combo that uses all your mana and is severely hampered by any sort of Taunt. Miracle rogue used three cards and 8 mana to deal 18 damage and still had 2 mana left over for more damage or Sap.

Also, Rogue had a relatively reliable draw engine in order to get the cards it needed for the combo, i.e. auctioneer + conceal + tons of other cheap useful spells. It was just the perfect convergence of cards to make miracle rogue work. Arguably something similar with Handlock and 20 damage leeroy party, you are always able to draw with your hero power and then as Handlock you are dumping lots of high health taunts, so while you aren't drawing as fast as miracle rogue, you can reliably draw just as much and with relative safety from getting bursted because of a bunch of High HP taunts.

For example, if Priest had conceal and shadowstep as class spells, I don't think you could make a miracle priest deck like the Rogue, simply because of the non-aggressive hero power and lack of omni-good cheap spells or good tempo a lot of rogue minions provide.

There were other ways to address this issue, such as giving the whelps taunt, but they seemed unstatisfying from a lore perspective as well as from an overall non combo perspective, i.e. a cheap charger with high attack.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

Do it! Leeroy needs to be vanished all to hell. Even his creator, PA's very own Gabe, disapproves of its use.

Ah, interesting. I have a brand new 3.0 headset for which the microphone isn't working and I thought that might be why. I know back in the day my 2.0 usb hub wasn't working on my 1.0 ports. Heck I think my ports might even be 1.0. I just noticed that my laptop is from 2011 and still my main gaming machine. ^^' (#cheapbastard)

I imagine the actual creator of Leeroy Jenkins (ya know, P4Lyfe and Leeroy) approve wholeheartedly.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular

"Thooooooooooose were the days"

It's so sad that ~3 years seems to be the average laptop lifespan, particularly with models that are remotely affordable.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    Well, my machine is still going strong! Had some overheating problems but that was just all the dust bunnies squatting inside.

After their mass exodus I can run Skyrim on full screen with no problems. D3 also runs well, etc. etc.
    Pretty proud those newer games run so well on a $700 laptop.

Seriously, that was the best advice ever, considering the $1K+ alternatives on alienware n elsewhere.
    <3

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Does drawing the card art somehow make him the creator?

Speaking of card art, I wonder how much is original and how much is recycled from the WoW TCG.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Eh...hes overpowered in that specific situation for that class. I think the nerf, if there was going to be one could have been better done. Say change it so that no matter what he attacks, he will die performing the attack. So he becomes the one shot fireball he was meant to be and keeps the flavor. you could also reduce his cost to 3 with that since hes legendary and he deserves something better then just being a fireball clone.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    Or just give him "This card cannot be targeted by spells or hero powers." Would be neat because rogues could still silence him to perform the same magic, but it's an extra step in the process that requires reconfiguring a lot to make it happen.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    now that leeroy has justifiably been neutered I'm hoping force-savage is next on the chopping block

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Heartlash wrote: »
    Or just give him "This card cannot be targeted by spells or hero powers." Would be neat because rogues could still silence him to perform the same magic, but it's an extra step in the process that requires reconfiguring a lot to make it happen.

That would eliminate his charge ability though. So shadowstepping him wouldn't work anymore.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Heartlash wrote: »
    Silencing him would get rid of the charge.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Presumably you'd charge with the unspellable Leeroy before silencing him to Shadowstep him, etc

• Options
    edited September 2014
    That all sounds OK.
    ^^'

I'm not bitter.
    At all.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    now that leeroy has justifiably been neutered I'm hoping force-savage is next on the chopping block

I doubt it. Druid does not have a viable card drawing machine to get to that combo, and it costs 9 mana.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I think FoN/SR is a lot less stupid because it's 14 damage for 9 mana, rather than 18 for 8 (or 22/9 or 26/10 with Cold Blood(s)), and is easier to play around with even a single taunt because Druids don't have Sap.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    gold leeroy was my first legendary, and i am never disenchanting him.
    he's still good as an aggro finisher, he's just less good in combo.

i am glad i kept my spare normal leeroy, because 1600 dust gives me enough with my current savings for a gold legendary.
    sylvanas, ragnaros, or cairne?

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Re: control hunter

the lists posted by @grobian look close to what I was running. I think flare still earns its place right now. Although I certainly want to cut it. I would want to include unstable ghouls to also trigger acolytes and help with hunter's mark if elven archer gets cut (which I think is reasonable).

I haven't seen the need really for Unstable as the acolytes are already being triggered a lot by the hunters out there. Maybe after the nerf it'll change but for now I'm not having issues triggering them.
    I do not have thalnos or geddon since I have been loving users against other control decks in priest and control warrior. I am not sure I would even feel comfortable with geddon as I seem to always find a way to get busted down.

Geddon is always a good drop in the deck as you are killing off a lot of 2 health guys and causing 2 damage to your opponent. Last game I dropped him, hero power, and then next turn he was at 2 health and looking at 2 more all damage from Geddon.
    azure drakes were solid before but I can seem them getting replaced by thalnos, however card draw is the biggest issue so I think both replacements need to generate some kind of card advantage or do something to ease that particular ailment.

Maybe. I haven't run him yet but the Azure draw + 4 health/attack is pretty nice as he's harder to remove.
    I also want to squeeze in a single misdirection. Mostly to try it but I am not sure where.

Good question though it is rough if you have a hand full of traps in the beginning you might be screwed. I love Snipe when playing against Miracle rogue and they forget about it and drop Leeroy. "Mistakes were made."

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    They already neutered FoN+SR, it's called Sludge Belcher. Seriously, that's really tough for druids to efficiently power through.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    gold leeroy was my first legendary, and i am never disenchanting him.
    he's still good as an aggro finisher, he's just less good in combo.

i am glad i kept my spare normal leeroy, because 1600 dust gives me enough with my current savings for a gold legendary.
    sylvanas, ragnaros, or cairne?

Rag. Maybe Sylvanas if you play Shaman, but the answer is always Rag.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Given that the Gold Standard (at the moment) for end game damage is 10 mana for 10 damage with 1 card -- and can not be stopped by taunts (AKA Pyroblast), I don't think 14 damage for 9 mana in 2 cards and is stopped by taunts is likely to draw a nerf. Keep in mind that AFTER the nerf you can still do 12 damage for 8 mana in 2 cards with Leeroy + Shadowstep (with the downside of giving the opponent 4 whelps).

Inq on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think it's important to remember that the druid deck that runs savage roar is not looking to combine it exclusively with force of nature, they run token generators and general Good Cards to use it as well

FoN+SR is the worst case scenario for them, the desperate hail mary when they can't keep a single card on board

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.