Options

[chat]a

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure how to go forward into the season

I've lost two players and had to replace them, don't have a deep enough bench to handle injuries to my line during the game, and can't afford to buy apothecaries or more rerolls...

idk, I feel like I'm limping along, riding on luck.

We could play our round 2 game. Maybe no one would die!

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Heh I figured it would be on reddit.

here is what some truck driver did today in my city, he has shut down a major highway all weekend the only way around is a hour plus detour now with all the traffic that is going to be rerouted.

YPw9t1f.jpg

10494584_10152609428639837_2611490399527822583_n.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

I've lost two players and had to replace them, don't have a deep enough bench to handle injuries to my line during the game, and can't afford to buy apothecaries or more rerolls...

Rats are good for this. They don't have high str, and they get punched real good.

Except gutter runners who are bullshit.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I wanna do a couple more round-1 matches first... my tv is a lot lower now.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

Yeah, this is more or less how I've felt as well

I haven't received winnings higher than I think 40,000 at any given game, even those I've won as well

I've been making juuuust enough to replace dudes as they die, except not really since I had to sub in a lineman for a black orc

The only reason I have 12 players is because I got a black orc as soon as I could afford a replacement which put me right to 0 again

One round I got 20,000 in winnings even after I won! I rerolled, naturally, and I think I ended up with 30,000? It's pretty galling.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »

Rats are good for this. They don't have high str, and they get punched real good.

Except gutter runners who are bullshit.

My runners will live forever.

They have studied the ancient art of Turkish Oil Wrestling and will continue avoiding any crippling injuries.

• Options
    yes I can't believe the skinks lived this game and it was a saurus who croaked. I have extra skinks damnit!

• Options
    idk kedenik, you want to do a second game now? I'm up for it.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

I would much prefer a version of the rules where there's no permanent deaths

Because it's deeply un-fun to have a game where not only are you losing badly to a better team, but the losing is actively making your team worse and less likely to win in the future

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    though it loses something when you don't realize he's reaching apotheosis during a Diplo brass loop

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Kana wrote: »

Because it's deeply un-fun to have a game where not only are you losing badly to a better team, but the losing is actively making your team worse and less likely to win in the future

Come play me? We are both weeeeak

spool32 on
  • Options
    come onnnnn kana let's do this! I'd prefer a game with a team in my range more than trying to hold kedenik to less than 5 points

• Options
    Hacker group Anonymous has reportedly taken down the website of the Israeli secret service Mossad in protest of Israel’s military incursion in Gaza. The ‘hacktivists’ have already targeted a number of organizations in their mission to stop the “genocide.”

Mossad’s website went offline at around 00:40 GMT and is still down at the time of writing. The Israeli government has yet to make any comment on the supposed hack attack.

Yeaaaah anon you might not want to piss off Mossad

they'll fuckin kill you

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

the honest answer is nobody should play Cinders any more (in fact I don't know if she even has any available matches left)

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    @Kana *bounce bounce bounce*

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »

the honest answer is nobody should play Cinders any more (in fact I don't know if she even has any available matches left)

I didn't kill anyone on Kana's team!

>.>

• Options
    I'd play with you spool but I really shouldn't

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I mean, I'll gladly draw up some new teams and play a friendly learnin match

The inability to play friendlies is kind of an oversight in cyanide BB

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I'd really rather play another team at the bottom of the table right now if possible. All my dudes are healthy but my line is really, really weak right now.

On the upside I discovered in the game with Cinders that Defender Down is better than Defender Stumbles. I just assumed that the ! in the dice icon was more powerful than the blank one, since you know

this is really intense!

is more intense than

this is really intense

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Do a wink-nod deal with a fellow bottom-feeder

it violates every conceivable spirit of the league but there are no real rules to violate are there

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    @spool32 sorry duder I'm gonna go to sleep in just a minute, got work tomorrow

• Options
    damnit you people with jobs

check your income privilege

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Nuts. I have Autoglass coming round to replace my heat-cracked windscreen and it's raining. I understand they don't like doing the job when it's raining. I hope it stops and stays stopped soon.

*Google*

*30% chance of rain all morning*

Nuts. :(

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

No I am milking all the privileges I have for all they are worth.

Don't ask what I'm doing with the milk.

• Options

what job?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    jobs are so last summer

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Between my normal historical browsing, and now my Gaza browsing, I am averaging entirely too many dead bodies viewed per day

I think I need to take a leave from death and destruction for a few days

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I have not gotten a single phone call this week about any jobs.

Is my resume that bad? Maybe I will try using my other one with my real but not legal name... I wonder if that will make a difference...

• Options
    idk kedenik, you want to do a second game now? I'm up for it.

Sorry, I'm still working right now and can't play. Big deadline tomorrow, -_-

Check my job privilege, I know, I know.

It's unpaid though! That's something.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    Do a wink-nod deal with a fellow bottom-feeder

it violates every conceivable spirit of the league but there are no real rules to violate are there

What are rules, really.

• Options
    It amuses me that Steins;gate has a bunch of standard-issue fake product names

Like Samy when they're talking about Sony, etc etc

Except for when it gets to Dr. Pepper. Main character refuses to hide his love for Dr. Pepper behind a fake name

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The dating pool really gets a bit strange in your 30s.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I have 6666 notifications.

Super Satan!

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

If by "strange" you mean "sexy"

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    One decasatan

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    does this game not want people to be able to play it multiplayer? it seems so tedious.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

That probably is a better thing to call potential dating partners rather than strange.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »

That probably is a better thing to call potential dating partners rather than strange.

Obviously you have no idea what I'm in to. :P

This discussion has been closed.