Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Unwanted Firefox Add-Ons

Every so often I've been having spam add-ons installed into Firefox...shit like Savemore or Couponsave or other nonsense that either tosses in ads in whatever page I'm viewing or highlights random words as hyperlinks.

This never happened in the past. It feels like Firefox has become less secure over the years, but I still don't want to switch to Chrome because I prefer Firefox's interface and shortcuts. Is there an add-on to help block all these add-ons? Is there some other security feature I can add?

• RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    Get something like Noscript if you don't have it already. Its going to make viewing pages a bit more work, have to rightclick and allow things that aren't on its major whitelist, but that little bit of annoyance is worth things not just popping up and messing with things.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
    Jimbo
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence!Registered User regular
    I can't image using the web without NoScript and Ad Block Plus.

Yeah, maybe your have some moral quandary about blocking ads, but in that case just whitelist sites you trust. The only virus I have ever gotten in all my years of using computers was through a hijacked banner ad in my mail client. (I subsequently installed ABP and disabled Javascript.)

redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PDT is not PST | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
    Zilla360Jimbo