As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

L. [Chat] Hubbard

ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
Okay, I've done some serious war posts. So lets cover something less serious. Like the glorious military career of L. Ron. Hubbard. Now for legal reasons, I need to state that there is the version the Scientologists proclaim. And then there is the version supported by the documentation provided by the US Navy. I will let the reader draw their own conclusions but the Scientologist version is full of shit. So lets talk about the glorious career of L. Ron. Hubbard. He spent some time in the Marine reserves during the 30's, got an honorable discharge that reads that he was not to be re-enlisted.

Just before the breakout of WWII, he joined the Navy and requested to be put into intelligence services. What happened is that he bounced from department to department lasting a few months in each. His fitness reports indicate he was a fuck up who never quite managed to fuck up enough to get kicked out. But it's a wartime navy and so promotions happened. He makes full Lieutenant and they give him a converted fishing trawler. A boat so small they don't bother giving it a proper name. Then he promptly loses that. And gets sent over to the Pacific. And he goes aboard the USS PC-815. The high point of his career. the USS PC-815. A small subchaser. The ship was commissioned on April 21, 1943 and by May 19th of that month, the brave Lt Hubbard declared he found a pair of sub under his ship and gave orders to engage it. He was joined by a couple of other subchasers and some Coast Guard vessels. He claimed to have sunk one of them but weirdly enough, not a single Japanese Navy ship was near San Diego according to IJN records.

But L. Ron. Hubbard wasn't finished yet. On June 28th, while anchored off of the Coronado Islands he ordered his crew to fire on said Islands. Now here is a problem. Those islands belong to Mexico. And anchoring near them means he was in Mexican waters. Also the Island has a small rescue base staffed by the Mexican Navy. While no one was hurt, the Mexican Navy wasn't pleased to be shelled and they made their displeasure known up via diplomatic channels. THey didn't like being on the receiving end of gunnery practice.
nwO8ZMS.gif

Note "Is this person qualified to do their job bit" and how it's checked no. That's not the sign of a great officer. So a bunch of stuff happens, Hubbard keeps being Hubbard and eventually he gets assigned to the USS Algol. It was commissioned on July 21st of 1944. On September 27 he claimed to have found a Molotov cocktail left as part of an apparent sabotage attempt. He was no longer a part of that crew within a few hours. And in 1945 he was given a medical discharge. Thus ended one of the least glorious careers in American Naval history.

The best part about all of this is that his military record was dragged out into the light thanks to a lawsuit brought by the Scientologists against a writer in the 80's. Taking his record from being in a dusty Navy warehouse somewhere to putting them as much easier to access court records.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @21stCentury‌

Because SEGA screwed the pooch and everyone bought AR when it was released in Japan cause it was region free with no us release insight

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Oh god Hubbard.

We must be wary for his minions are every where.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    rekt an invader

princess power

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i invented l ron hubard

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    incoming lawsuits

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    i.... im afraid to awesome this.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    what a fun weekend.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Everyone ignore Hitler chat this is way better.

• Options
    Like most things involving Hitler I guess.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Like most things involving Hitler I guess.

hitler vs. kincaid as a painter

hmm

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Quid you have PS4 right?

What is your PSN so I can add you in advance for Destiny-ing

• Options
    Quid you have PS4 right?

What is your PSN so I can add you in advance for Destiny-ing

Allenquid

Definitely that

Unless it is not that.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    All of the above are part of court records from a lawsuit brought on this very subject. So I feel comfortable the lawsuit danger level.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ricky martin is 43

well done him

RickyMartin.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Oh and to add a dash of things you wish you didn't know, he had a threesome with Robert Heinlein and his wife.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    i.... im afraid to awesome this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dach1nPbsY8

• Options
    ####KYLIE MINOGUE EMERGENCY#####

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWAKLNEVWB0

####RESUME USUAL SCHEDULE####

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Oh and to add a dash of things you wish you didn't know, he had a threesome with Robert Heinlein and his wife.

who hasnt tho

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ####KYLIE MINOGUE EMERGENCY#####

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWAKLNEVWB0

####RESUME USUAL SCHEDULE####

Australia's greatest export.

• Options
    going through a shakira video and doing a pose drawing of her every 5 seconds is probably very very good practice for learning the hip-->abdomen--->ribcage junction

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    o75TZ8il.jpg

A valet's work is never done. @mazzyx @DasUberEdward‌

• Options
    Except for the part where Van Damme showed her "his Thailand" during filming of Street Fighter

• Options
    bang him desc

get up in his shit

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That's what I call, A Stranger in a Strange Land.

B)

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    stranger in a strange van

• Options
    why arent women wearing wat kylie is wearing in that video

trousers with many pockets very functional also thong

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I fucking love Drunk History so much.

• Options

women wore that here in the late 90s, early 00s

especially the ones that liked the techno music

• Options

I have not watched this video but this seems about right.

• Options

It very much was a thing.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @21stCentury‌

Because SEGA screwed the pooch and everyone bought AR when it was released in Japan cause it was region free with no us release insight

AR?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Guys a thing happened

I watched 19 innings of baseball earlier today, and now I have found I cannot stop watching baseball

Justin Upton is stronk

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    o75TZ8il.jpg

A valet's work is never done. @mazzyx @DasUberEdward‌

inkle also makes the sorcery! games (pt 3 behind schedule T_T)

they are quite good you should try them

• Options
    bang him desc

get up in his shit

i concealed my trepidation and the broh was awesome

I need to find some means to travel to Sofia to sell this tulip bulb ...

in the meantime we are traveling slightly past it by Phaeton and I've just shook hands with a oily-handed laborer

I fear my relationship with my employer will diminish > _ >

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    scheck lud wants you to know he made cheezburg.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ok, here are my skirts. I decided that I am not sure I like them. Well, I think I might like the black floral one. I think I will not keep the others.

But I said pics, and so, PICS!

http://imgur.com/EORCJuo

http://imgur.com/ll4kizt

http://imgur.com/6vLadzw

There. I already regret posting these. I won't be doing this again.

Neco on
  • Options
    No travel from Bucharest to Sofia?

What sort of nonsense is this

I have rights

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    bang him desc

get up in his shit

i concealed my trepidation and the broh was awesome

I need to find some means to travel to Sofia to sell this tulip bulb ...

in the meantime we are traveling slightly past it by Phaeton and I've just shook hands with a oily-handed laborer

I fear my relationship with my employer will diminish > _ >

Most unseemly.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I like the pastel blue and pink but it feels perhaps like the wrong time of year for them.

This discussion has been closed.