As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

giant bomb website thread

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sierra is, in fact, bringing King's Quest back with the help of The Odd Gentlemen

Also?

They're making Geometry Wars 3

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Wouldn't be surprised if Square took one look at the money on the table, one look at "Uncharted 4 late 2015" and thought "Yeah, we can wait a few months for a PS4 Tomb Raider"

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Square took one look at the money on the table, one look at "Uncharted 4 late 2015" and thought "Yeah, we can wait a few months for a PS4 Tomb Raider"

This is a good point

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I like seeing exclusives.

Maybe that's weird, I don't know.

But I like it better when the consoles actually have a decent lineup of games that are their own.

Maybe it's because I tend to get all the consoles and want to feel justified in it, I guess.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'll be happy to have a reason to turn my Xbox on. It's been since May.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Guys should I get a wii u

yes

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    console exclusives are an affront to the pc master race

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I understand that when people see a game they'd like to play, but know that they won't be able to, either for a longer time or even ever, that might be a bit frustrating.

But I don't think that it's actually wrong for this to happen or anything. Every generation has third-party exclusives. Some timed, some that last forever.

Still waiting for that PS3 Tales of Vesperia port BTW Namco

• Options
    Well, Hohokum seems to be delightful.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I'm excited Volgarr is coming to the Xbone.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Exclusives are dumb. I get why companies do it for marketing reasons but as a consumer it is just an annoyance, especially given how similar modern consoles and PCs are to each other.

In other news I started replaying Front Mission 3 on my Vita, going to do the other storyline than I played last time. I forgot how good this game was, I just spent 30 minutes just surfing the games fake internet network reading articles about what is going on the world.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor and I are sworn enemies on the topic of Front Mission

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor and I are sworn enemies on the topic of Front Mission

It is very hard for me, having good taste in things and not liking terrible games.

After 3 I am considering hunting down 5 and playing it with a translation guide. shame they never brought it overseas.

• Options
    There is an english fanpatch for 5, I've been meaning to get that set up in the near future using my import copy

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I understand that when people see a game they'd like to play, but know that they won't be able to, either for a longer time or even ever, that might be a bit frustrating.

But I don't think that it's actually wrong for this to happen or anything. Every generation has third-party exclusives. Some timed, some that last forever.

Still waiting for that PS3 Tales of Vesperia port BTW Namco

It's annoying because it's a direct sequel to a game that came out on a wide variety of platforms.

• Options
    Besides, we all know Front Mission Evolved is the best FM game

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Besides, we all know Front Mission Evolved is the best FM game

dead to me

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjmkblxdyZs

Quantum Break gameplay.

Hey, those powers remind me of Singularity! Singularity was hella dope.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I'm kinda not happy about the Tomb Raider news. While I own an Xbox One, I don't like the idea of Microsoft or Sony turning this generation into a heavy console exclusive third party generation. Even if they do end up being timed.

If Microsoft can fire these shots, Sony can too, and then that's bad for everyone.

No I don't.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Tomb Raider being an Xbox exclusive, even if it is just a timed one, is fuckin stupid.

Why on Earth would you make the sequel to a multi-platform game single platform? I mean, I know the answer is "because Microsoft gave us a truck load of money", but all you get out of that is pissing off a fair amount of the game's fanbase that played it on PS3.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I think Quantum Break looks pretty ordinary

and for some reason this thought makes me feel like a jerk

is there a word for not being engulfed in hype but really wishing you had been?

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

... are people really psyched for quantum break?

I thought everybody thought it looked kinda dumb/bad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    They used that same Lorde TFF cover as was in that first Unity trailer in an ad for that new dracula movie when I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy tonght (Super rad btw everyone go see it).

It immediately enamoured me to the film through association. I guess it's just great trailer music.

I was double sold when dude jumped off a cliff, turned into bats, and swarmed the Ottoman Army though.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

... are people really psyched for quantum break?

I thought everybody thought it looked kinda dumb/bad

I had faith that it would be good since it's Remedy...but the television show stuff they showed off when it was announced was really dumb looking.

Keeping my fingers crossed though.

• Options

Nah I'm with you

It looks like a Remedy game

Which isn't a bad thing

Just something we've already seen a few times

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Give me all the Remedy games

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Man now I'm bummed

I've been looking forward to Gamescom announcements and stuff and the first thing I wake up to is "Won't be able to play sequel to one of your favorite games of last generation until at least 6 months after release"

Bleh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Remember how we talked about how 'console exclusive' and 'exclusive' mean almost opposite things? Yeah.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    You know what I would have been fine with? If they announced a Legacy of Kain reboot as a Xbox One exclusive.

That I would have been right on board for.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Man, the Tomb Raider news is kind of a bummer cause I enjoyed the first one, but at least I'll finally get to play Journey.

• Options
    I don't know why I expect something big out of Sony

but I really do

• Options
    I don't know why I expect something big out of Sony

but I really do
    I'm expecting more of a massive list of smaller games than a huge bombshell

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Pretty sure there's gonna be some new Bloodborne stuff at this Sony thing

• Options
    Bloodborne is actually playable to the public at Gamescom

It's its actual gameplay debut

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Ok I got a wii u, got the luigi and mario bros bundle pack + 3d world because as much as I wanted the gold windwaker my brother did go through the trouble of finding a ww gc disk, and well you know its a better deal since I wanted those games anyways.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

!!!

signature.png

• Options

Man I thought you said ScaleBorn for a second

Or Battleborn

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I seriously don't get the exclusivity deal and who it benefits other than Square. I assume Microsoft is paying out the nose for this, but I don't think Tomb Raider is a big enough franchise that it's going to suddenly jumpstart console sales for them. Titanfall seemed like a bigger lock for them.

• Options

Man I thought you said ScaleBorn for a second

Or Battleborn

Fuck video games

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    I seriously don't get the exclusivity deal and who it benefits other than Square. I assume Microsoft is paying out the nose for this, but I don't think Tomb Raider is a big enough franchise that it's going to suddenly jumpstart console sales for them. Titanfall seemed like a bigger lock for them.

They're going to continue doing this

It will mount up at some point

This discussion has been closed.