As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gigantic: It’s BACK and not remotely available!

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    feel like teaming up?
    my arc name is notoriusben

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    80-70 us... two creatures about to draw power and we have an adult cyclops...

*team continues to rush to try and get 2 kills and we give up the wound and ultimately lose the game* <3<3<3

Clock management is like... a thing!

I thought that I would do horrible with Creepy Witch Granny the first time I played her but she's not that bad.

Just remember to take shock and healing from shock for extra durability!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I need to get better and checking guardian health when attack/defense timer starts, I'll still periodically rush in, only to go "oh, right, auto-wound...".

Also, did I mishear or does Zandora actually yell "Star Platinum!" with one of her abilities?

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    99% sure it's "Star Blessing!", which now feels like a bit of a missed opportunity

• Options
    edited August 2017
    It is a blue fucking moon when I find a good tripp player. 95% of the time they feed 15kills to the enemy. that's 1.5 *Rampages* got dammit.

edit** if there is one thing I impart to PA, don't play tripp as your first character, and if you do, bug out at 70% health because you can be nuked and it aint hard.
    You cannot fight margrave, you cannot fight aisling, even if you get the drop on them at 1/2 health. if you got focus for it, maybe not even then.

I know there are good tripps out there, but they aint ever on my team.

./end rant

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Have to say it feels... good when I force a Tripp to pop focus on me when I'm running a soft target. Especially if it's midmatch and they don't even try to fight the long way out. <3

Really important too - if you get focus'd by a tripp, spam dodge because you can *sometimes* avoid part of the damage. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Something about the i-frames or something. IDK...

If you see them and they're in focus on one of your mates, hit them with an interrupt ability.

Mosquito nature aside, she's a generally popular character because of the look.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    She's a popular character because she's the quintessential rogue.
    The problem people don't understand is, she is more brittle than glass and can't stand in a fight forever like you can in other pvp games with rogues.

and today is the first time i've ever alt-f4'd out of a match. team was me as margrave, imani, tyto, tripp, and mozu. and oh, lets all go and 1v2 and 1v3 because our characters are OP...
    I build margrave to disrupt the enemy but its kinda hard to bully them when I'm the only one diving in and the team suddenly has cold feet

knew we'd have a bad time when imani gets out sniper dueld by fucking beckett

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    The problem people don't understand is, she is more brittle than glass and can't stand in a fight forever like you can in other pvp games with rogues.

Both of these are also true. :P

However, Tyto is the better assassin. :hydra:

• Options
    you feeling like teaming up @tastydonuts ? or are you at work?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Oh, I'm Xbox Live Gigantic, not Arc/steam Gigantic

• Options
    edited August 2017
    tastydonuts on
  • Options
    how much health do guardians have? 10k?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    We can probably deal about 10k damage per game to a guardian accounting for the slam damage? but I think it's more than that.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    oh your right it is more... 10k -13k is usually what gets posted to players. the slam to initiate vulnerability escaped me

Yeah, I think Aisling is my girl for this game. I like bullying as Margrave, but he needs backup to be a true brute, and Aisling just shuts down the entire enemy offense by herself, and woe to you with 3 melee heroes.
    As long as I tag along with one other person, 2v2s are heavily in my favor, and we come away with a kill and both surviving 2v3s and ambush 2v3s. if we initiate the ambush, we can kill 2 and make the other run and kill them.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Mhm, did a little googling and they have 24k HP. The amount of HP remaining in each wound also scales, with the final wound having the most HP to it, iirc.

edit: though it often feels like the second wound has less hp than the first one. But I think that's because people have focus to burn on it and such? IDK.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    goddamn sanctum falls is hard to fight 4 shooters on. we got our shit pushed in pretty hard and were down 2wounds, but people started listening to my pings and we managed to harass the fuck out of their minions and squeak a win out of it. first epic comeback badger i got.

oh and I like that I got a healer badger and a grandmaster healer badger, 4000hp and 12000hp healed on one life, but the middle one? 8000hp on one life? nah you gotta die to get that one :P and before the 12k healer one...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Both of these are also true. :P

However, Tyto is the better assassin. :hydra:

I can't respect Tyto. He is the better assassin, in that he has a bigger health pool and is so mobile he can misdirect and basically be invisible, but as Margrave or Aisling with -75% weaken, and slow, Tytos are feeders for me.
    My usual LMB and Q picks shut him down hard and his bleed does nothing when Cador has Healing Aura

I've had a couple Aisling fights with the other team also getting Aisling and those ended up super interesting. The games ended up lasting like 8 or 9 pushes and the teams started realizing you better stick with Aisling because She lets you get work done without being hurt. The rampage would occur and it was a surge to hurt the enemy team and get as much shield as possible to prevent most of the push damage. We had like maybe one or two hits left on our Guardian when it recovered on Sanctum Falls. Juking it out, 70-70, I see the orbs are pulsing on the high enemy cyclops and good news, it was a baby. Me and Knossos burned it down before orbs gathered so we got a 100-70 push, they wanted vengence but everyone was smart enough to GTFO long enough for the wound damage and we piled it for the win. that was a 30+ minute game.

Had an enemy Aisling mirror my build and so I would wait just a hair longer on dives so she'd blow her Q and and then I'd use mine, but we'd still have me and maybe another not weakened.
    The other enemy Aisling when full dps build without a Charnok and I just annihilated her.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Tyto can cleanse a slow. Why would they continue to engage you if slowed or stunned or whatever /boggle

Maybe you bash bad Tytos? :pop:

• Options
    Possibly. But he doesnt benefit by staying and fighting, because I just reapply the weakness with sword hits.
    I've saved so many teammates that way, ambushing a chasing tyto that thought they could possibly trade kills, and even if it was a trade, it was stupid to do so.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    tbf, any assassin that continues to engage after maybe 5-6 seconds of combat is kind of doing it wrong. In most cases, they've picked the wrong target (esp if target is at 100% hp).

and between the increased respawn timer for dead allies and the giving up of the power... there really isn't a reason to ever trade a kill in this game. Disengage. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Sweet, would love me more Mozu skins. <3

[edit] Also, I wish Guardians did more. I've had melee dive to kill me under the guardian and then waltz away with barely any of their health missing for it plenty of times, even LoL's towers are more dangerous thanks to their scaling damage and the lower movement speed in that game.
    I feel they need to either root the first target that walks in (not necessarily being more damaging, but making retreating to them actually meaningful and letting the rest of the team punish the diver) or do a large chunk of true damage, enough to discourage "well, I might as well go finish them off, I have more than 10% health to do so with".

Maybe they want to discourage turtling, buuuuuut if the entire enemy team is hiding under their guardian they'll just be eating wound after wound.

Glal on
  • Options
    and today is the first time i've ever alt-f4'd out of a match. team was me as margrave, imani, tyto, tripp, and mozu. and oh, lets all go and 1v2 and 1v3 because our characters are OP...
    I build margrave to disrupt the enemy but its kinda hard to bully them when I'm the only one diving in and the team suddenly has cold feet
    I was on the other side of a game like that on Siren's Strand last night. Their Malgrave was doing work, getting into the middle of our team and punching people all over the place and half his team didn't even seem to be there most of the time. I didn't even know they had a Mozu until like half way through the game.

• Options
    Community event progress update (Day 1 Results):

• Options
    At the current rate, that will be done in 6.5 days. And this isnt counting the weekend spike in play.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Hoo lordy did I ever have some special teams today. So many tanks and assassins trying to 1v5 without waiting for support, just throwing themselves into the meat grinder the entire game.

• Options
    Oh this is nice. First legendary card pull. 60 kills with HK. easy enough, but gonna be *boring*. guess i'm gonna be HK today...

I do like how these cards are like, "Oh? you play Margrave and Aisling? Here's a few Imani cards and a Beckett card too."

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm kinda happy that I got the mega pack so I don't need to overly worry about cards.

Also Tyto is an absolute monster but he's incredibly dependant on his stamina bar and landing his execute lunge in my experience. So most pub Tyto's don't really achieve much.

• Options
    I got all the characters as well. I just like completing the cards because there is lore on them, and having a few extra rubies for skins is always nice.
    It gives me something to work for in the game besides just climbing the ELO ranks.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    omg, HK is so fucking boring. He's solid but so fucking boring. just did 5 matches to get the 60 kills, thank god I could do it with 5vbots. Legendary card complete and 350 crowns and 3500 xp awarded.

I could 1v5 the bots myself their AI is so shit. I was pushing them under cover of their guardian and still getting kills. One match I literally played it by myself because I took 19kills and the rest of the team had 5 together.
    I've probably made some newbies think that HK is super OP, and in a way... he is... there is literally no skill beyond pick a place to post up and hold down LMB, occasionally sniping kills with the rail gun.

It irks me that I have to play hard to be effective with the tanks and bruisers and this guy just walks along and holds LMB.
    He might be reigned in if his turret rounds had fall off and he didn't have penetration anywhere in his skill set. for the amount of brainpower to play this guy, he shouldn't have such good skills.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    as for something good. What are everyone's thoughts on the purchasable minions?

I've had my eye on the FrostClops because the Freeze debuff is really good and it just keeps getting reapplied by minions.
    I would say the Frost Bloomer hands down if his sprout blooms on the map kept the shield on you until it popped, but that'd be a bit OP, it lasts 6seconds however.
    The ShadowCerb seems like a good choice with making teammates invisible...
    and I've heard that Storm Drakes are scary, but I've dealt with the regular one and its just a waste of money. Sure you don't want to fight on it, but its so easy to cheese and solo it down like nothing. free rage power.
    Obelisks would be halfway decent if they had *any* staying power, but they are useless until a power point is generated.

its good that the starting minions are pretty strong, but Freeze just has an allure that might make me buy it if it lasts for any duration.

edit** ok wow. triple posting ideas, sorry about that.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    omg, HK is so fucking boring. He's solid but so fucking boring. just did 5 matches to get the 60 kills, thank god I could do it with 5vbots. Legendary card complete and 350 crowns and 3500 xp awarded.

I could 1v5 the bots myself their AI is so shit. I was pushing them under cover of their guardian and still getting kills. One match I literally played it by myself because I took 19kills and the rest of the team had 5 together.
    I've probably made some newbies think that HK is super OP, and in a way... he is... there is literally no skill beyond pick a place to post up and hold down LMB, occasionally sniping kills with the rail gun.

It irks me that I have to play hard to be effective with the tanks and bruisers and this guy just walks along and holds LMB.
    He might be reigned in if his turret rounds had fall off and he didn't have penetration anywhere in his skill set. for the amount of brainpower to play this guy, he shouldn't have such good skills.

HK does have falloff, but one of his talents removes that

He also depends pretty heavily on being able to set up and stay put, and unlike Imani who has a similar playstyle, has zero escape. He does poorly against highly mobile teams or characters that can ping him from cover.

Playing vs bots probably doesn't give a very good idea of a characters' strengths and weaknesses

• Options
    I'm kinda happy that I got the mega pack so I don't need to overly worry about cards.
    Can you get cards for heroes you don't own? I'd assumed it just gave you what you can actually complete.

And yeah, the bots are a joke. Dumb as bricks, plus I could swear they have like half the HP that players get.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Also in general if you wanna watch someone who really knows how to use the melee mechanics in the game Teldo is real, real good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a61HsDkrYjs

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Can you get cards for heroes you don't own? I'd assumed it just gave you what you can actually complete.

And yeah, the bots are a joke. Dumb as bricks, plus I could swear they have like half the HP that players get.

As you randomly get access to characters for free (I forget if it's a daily or weekly cycle), yes you can get cards for characters you don't own.

Also, the characters you have access to are not necessarily the same as what another person has unlocked for free.

• Options
    Well, I just have all of them unlocked, so I can't tell. But I'd assumed you would get cards for your owned+rotation heroes.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Luckily a major/minor arcana card is usually always in the same draw, and unless im working on a specific character ill take that. Except if a rare or legendary pops. Take it and get it done because those are super rare to draw.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Well, I just have all of them unlocked, so I can't tell. But I'd assumed you would get cards for your owned+rotation heroes.

Even if you have all of them unlocked, you will see a little icon in the lower right corner of the character's portrait to indicate this is your "unlocked" character for the period. It looks similar to the countdown clock for some hero abilities.

• Options
    Oh, one trick ive found if you want to be guaranteed, or pushed up on selection priorty for a particular character.

Only choose one *maybe* two characters before you que up.

The sorting system looks at everyones picks and those with fewer than 5 get priority on characters. At least, in the last 20 or so games, ive only had margrave and aisling picked and ive gotten one or the other every time

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options

Based off what they said, I get the feeling that they just took an average damage per day on the stats (300m guardian damage/day) and kind of multiplied it by 7 and now we have a goal...

• Options
    Wait until the weekend when people actually have time to play. Im predicting saturday around 9pm pacific.

a4irovn5uqjp.png