As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gigantic: It’s BACK and not remotely available!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    almost got a penta today on Zandora... :(

almost.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    oh man, support build aisling is such a troll.

I completely nulled an enemy margrave and knossos from doing any damage to my teammates.

spectral wave, +20 armor to friends hit by wave
    Cador +10 armor, 35hp/s auras
    Skirmishing and Debuff dash to deal with Beckett cracked armor and charnok fire, and maintain stamina to close in and run away from fights
    Warcry with cripple and -50 weakness
    Into Blade with 300 hp shield and 200hp to me and friends.

I then picked on their vadasi as I saw them appear to remove all healing potential from the enemy team.

biggest hitter that could overcome 30armor was charnok and he was pretty easy to deal with. Margrave, Knossos, and Beckett couldn't do any meaningful damage.

My team was Margrave, Mozu, Vodan, Wu, and me as Aisling.
    Vodan chipped in with healing and picked off runaways, Margrave was Margrave and Mozu and Wu killed as a team while I peeled where I needed to be to give buffs and pressure the healer.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    If a team isn't killing your Cador first then they're doing it wrong. :P

• Options
    yep, I've debated that when I fight other aislings, I just kill aisling and be done with it. Shooters should definitely be poking Cador at every opportunity they see him.
    Though a good aisling knows to recall cador and keep him out of the fight if he gets low or gets focused.

after team pushes and there is a lull in the fighting, and cador is beat up, I'll recall him and deal with the cooldowns for the few seconds that is the case.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Immediately after that game where I almost penta'd I got put into a match with a 6.8k mmr Tripp/Wu mainer... /sadface

I think the game was sending a message. :P

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    how do you find the mmr?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Oh, you can view the general leaderboards on Motiga's stat page, and you can pull up a player's MMR on whatasha.me.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    ah, got it
    yea, 4650 is fair. there is some wins and losses. I'm pretty sure I got more wins though, and for playing margrave and aisling, I think that's good.

considering a good third to half the top 100 are tripp and hk...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    You mean to tell me Tripp and HK are more effective than other champs at the same comparative skill level say it is isn't sooooooooo...

Small pleasure in life is throwing Mozu's Vortex in front of an HK in full swing and making them take a huge chunk out of themselves. I miss early MMR days when they'd just outright kill themselves on it.

[edit] My SO wants to play the game with me, but right now I'm playing hit&run heroes that don't lend themselves well to supporting and they like to primarily play to support me (rather than supporting puggers that often just run off to get killed). What are some good combo heroes that work well together?

Glal on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Tyto and Tripp. A good Wu.
    HK, Mozu, Imani.
    Good Aisling and bruisers.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Day Three:

edit: in the reddit they also clarified that bot match damage isn't counted.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Tyto and Tripp. A good Wu.
    HK, Mozu, Imani.
    Good Aisling and bruisers.
    As I'm currently maining Mozu I'm drawn to option #2, however what makes HK or Imani better with her than, say, Beckett? Do they have abilities that synergise? Can they cover each other's ranges better?

Glal on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    HK and Mozu are basically turrets. You sit and focus the same target and basically suppress the enemy and keep them from being at 100% when/if they initiate a team fight.
    Mozu can keep up the barrage on the enemy while an HK charges a rail shot for confirming a kill without the enemy noticing that much. They just see and hear more rounds incoming, not realizing a kill is imminent. Mozu can also jump in quick and confirm a kill via proximity to target.

It is withering sitting underneath all that fire most of the game. You could interchange imani and beckett as well, though beckett needs to be closer to the action unless your good at cannon fire. Imani is more frail that mozu, but excels at long range poke damage. She does have the coveted freeze debuff, but i think mozu's vortex is more useful. The mozu vortex can be upgraded to reflect attacks or slow the enemy, and hk can get a big frontal shield and can lob mortars to burn and keep the enemy from regening out of combat that much longer, and so they can push and overcome being suppressed themselves.

And I dont know why, but beckett always draws a lot of hate from the enemy. This is subjective opinion though.

The key is you want to be close to support, but not so close as to be nuked/ attacked at the same time, forcing you both to reposition. The enemy must commit two players to engage you both, then because if they go after one, while they reposition, the other can just keep firing at that attacker. And then this is magnified in team fights.

In ghost reef, you can post up on the left ridge in front of that point, and also the lip in front of your guardian to cover a lot of angles towards the center.

In sanctum falls, you post on the top lip and just fire onto C or quickly decend to the ledge below you to get around C's cover.
    During the clash, you are funneled in the stairs so its just a killbox.

In Siren if you can control D, you have a lot of control just whittling the enemy before teamfights. Though you need to be hyper aware of your surroundings due to all the cover.

Mozu and HK are susceptible to assassins like tyto/tripp team ups, though, dangerously so with competent assassins. If you find yourself getting targetted a lot, dont let your health drop below 70%. Bug out, top off and get back to shooting. Hopefully you have a competent healer or bodyguard player that can null their attack power. Be on the ball with running, or inflicting enough damage to make them break off to not end up dead.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Huh, has the game always had a VGS system?

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Huh, has the game always had a VGS system?

I'm pretty sure it got added with the launch. Before you could only ping locations.

• Options
    I wish there was a way to requeue with your existing group, without them being in your crew. Just have a big "Play more with same?" button at the end of the match and if all 5 agree, bam, instacrew.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    How do you ping locations on the map?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    on console, tap x and dont be that guy that spams it plz.

pressing the directionals bring up addl pings. if you have skill points to lvl sometimes this doesnt work.

• Options
    I'm on PC

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Hold down Ctrl, click on the minimap.

[edit] Man, weird games today. From only barely losing a 4v5 (I didn't even realise one of our team was gone) to ending up in a game where both our tank and assassin switched to ranged after everyone had already locked (and I mean well locked, with like seconds to go), only to end up against a team with 3 tanks. What even.
    I mean, it's flattering that I was getting double the kill count on either team, but I would also like to win sometime.

Glal on
  • Options
    Friday's result:

So, I recon it'll probably get completed today.

• Options
    Here's another player tracking page.

http://gigantic-stats.surge.sh/

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Here's another player tracking page.

http://gigantic-stats.surge.sh/

Cool. Thanks.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    that one is pretty dang specific about stat breakdowns
    KDA, win/loss, kills / min, damage /min , etc

it doesn't distinguish between 5v5s and botplay. my hk has a 64 kda ratio and that's because it was all botfighting.
    You can tell somewhat by the time played. rounds are usually 15 to 20 minutes, and if there are no minutes played, it was all botfighting, so you can usually tell if someone is stacking their stats that way.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    ah, interesting. Didn't know about that tracker. The other stat tracker that I know about I didn't link here because they guy allegedly borrowed code from the MMR tracker that I did link.

• Options
    this is the one i can't wait for. Tuesday! -o-

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    How does the KDA number actually break down? I'm not sure how you combine those three different numbers into one meaningful one.

[edit] "Longest Life Span" is the weirdest stat.

Glal on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    So I like Beckett a lot, and I want to like Xenobia but I've not had much joy with her and her effective ranges are hard to read.

Guess I'll stick to Beckett. Tyto and Tripp do sound cool, mind.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    People, if your squishy ranged character is summoning on a neutral point and you're tanky DPS right beside them, maybe don't run off and leave them to be slaughtered by the other side's assassin. :(

[edit] I think we just lost a game to one misstep from our Imani. Siren's Strand, we're holding the middle neutral point, we're all hurt, but we have a Cyclops, so the place is easy to defend, we just have to chill and regen... and then our Imani is all "I'm tired of taking potshots through this window, I'm gonna go open the door and take potshots from there!". Their melees rush in and slaughter us all, take the middle point and then it's just a slow, drawn-out, miserable defeat. I mean, just look at our comparative kill count... unsurprisingly, most of outs is prior to this wipe, and a good chunk of theirs is after our team fell apart and failed to recover.
    Never give up I guess!
    adm40fwmlhvd.png

Glal on
  • Options
    eh... sometimes letting a person die is easier than erasing a summon with an obelisk on a neutral point that isn't worth defending or would unbalance your ability to defend the points you want. so... IDK.

With your team comp it seems that the "Let's Turtle D" strategy on "Let's Turtle D" would be the only thing the group could really do. Did you guys spend the rest of the map feeding yourself to D? There are other ways to play that map, people. Such a drag when it shows up... really can't wait for another map so there's less of a possibility of it.

also you guys got wiped by a Tyto and Zandora? o_o

• Options
    edited August 2017
    eh... sometimes letting a person die is easier than erasing a summon with an obelisk on a neutral point that isn't worth defending or would unbalance your ability to defend the points you want. so... IDK.
    By neutral point I mean one on the Clash map, where you can stick your own summons there. We were already losing one of them, so I was trying to grab the other one while most of their team was on the other side. Had our Knossos stayed there I could have popped away and helped him kill the Tyto, but nope, let's run off and get killed in the middle of the map 1v4.
    With your team comp it seems that the "Let's Turtle D" strategy on "Let's Turtle D" would be the only thing the group could really do. Did you guys spend the rest of the map feeding yourself to D? There are other ways to play that map, people. Such a drag when it shows up... really can't wait for another map so there's less of a possibility of it.
    Well, "the rest of the map" was a couple of minutes at best. They grabbed the point, roamed as a group and picked off our team that suddenly forgot how to attack as a team, got an attack, then rushed our guardian (we were both 1 wound from victory) and finished it off.
    also you guys got wiped by a Tyto and Zandora? o_o
    It's not really that hard to wipe a group of squishies bunched up in a small room on ~30% health when you're an assassin with a PBAoE?
    Also, I just noticed our HK's sad performance.

[edit] I've started noticing people queuing with a tanky melee, then switching to the first available ranged DPS as soon as the game matches them in. 3 times in a row now, the moment the char selection is up Malgrave and Knossos instantly switch to DPS. Props for abusing the auto-match system to skip DPS queue times I guess... :?

Glal on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Err... neutral points are specific points that either team can capture. They are grey on the mini map. While both Ghost Reef and Siren's Strand both have only one neutral point, Sanctum Falls has two. In either case letting someone die or obelisking the point is still a thing. In some situations and matches keeping a creature on your points also isn't worth doing either.

With a nonexistent under there really doesn't seem like much a team comp like that could do elsewhere, but eh.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Surprisingly, didn't complete it Saturday:

• Options
    They did make a very good push on saturday. something like 410million damage, friday was 380million, and before that they barely hit 340million on previous days.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I think they deleted that tweet for some reason, here it is again:

• Options
    Yeah, both the infographic and the text look the same? IDK.

• Options
    woo! I had some great games this weekend. shot up to 5275 on the MMR, but I'm starting to hit a wall there, even with winning like 8 out of 10 games and playing people that are 200 to 400 mmr above me.
    I hope the game only logs 5v5s for your win rate, but I don't think so. Even still. I'm sure I maintained at least a 70% win rate. I know I've won far more than I've lost in pvps.
    I am probably gonna start needing a team to play with if I want to be serious about climbing higher on the boards.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'd really like to get a team together for this too. The unpredictability of pug teams is getting really frustrating.

• Options
    Crews have an effective MMR slightly higher than their actual MMR to reflect the innate advantage that they have over you, so if you lose the damage isn't that bad.