As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gigantic: It’s BACK and not remotely available!

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I want numbers. I want to know if I have 300 or 400 hp left on my bar.

I didn't know each bar is 500hp. Is that states anywhere?

I also wish there was a way to lvl abiliies with a button press other than the recommended. Is there some way to do that?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    IDK what tell you other than think of the bars as actual numbers.

It tells you how much HP is in each bar (and a lot of other things) in the loading screen tips.

The auto-level option is a known request and they're working on the inclusion of preformed builds at a later date.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    IDK what tell you other than think of the bars as actual numbers.

It tells you how much HP is in each bar (and a lot of other things) in the loading screen tips.

The auto-level option is a known request and they're working on the inclusion of preformed builds at a later date.

Glad to hear on the auto level.

That other big thing is the inability to talk to your team in hero selection. Really hard to make a team comp when no one can speak. I mean you can, but it's sub-optimal.

• Options
    thats's another thing that they are aware of and is in the pipeline, but I do recall hearing people before the match on the xbox one, so IDK?

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    wait what? you pick the auto level options? is this xbox? because keyboard is left ctrl...

but yes, I'd like to have numbers as well. just one HP number, like ''850'', not ''850/1600''.
    also, I'd like hard stats given on the character sheet.

like LMB damage ranges, skill damage ranges, Armor front/side/rear, etc.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I wish the aiming reticle stood out a bit more. In the frenzy of combat I'll sometimes lose track of it amid all the effects going off.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    wait what? you pick the auto level options? is this xbox? because keyboard is left ctrl...

but yes, I'd like to have numbers as well. just one HP number, like ''850'', not ''850/1600''.
    also, I'd like hard stats given on the character sheet.

like LMB damage ranges, skill damage ranges, Armor front/side/rear, etc.

No, you can't pick the upgrades yet. They are working on it. With the exception of skin availability, and some PC specific settings I would imagine, the Xbox Live and Arc versions of the game are at parity. We all patch at the same time.

They are planning to make it so that the "recommended upgrade" thinger will be customizable, as all it does is choose the left options.

edit: there have been some responses too about either giving players the option to change the color of the reticle or w/e too.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

It seems motiga is aware of the match quitter issue. :pop:

• Options
  • Options
    Pretty close to call if/if not shennigans.
    Oh well, ill take the 500 anyways. Dunno what to spend it on, since aisling has no love given to her for skins... or margrave for that matter...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Pretty close to call if/if not shennigans.
    Oh well, ill take the 500 anyways. Dunno what to spend it on, since aisling has no love given to her for skins... or margrave for that matter...

I like Aisling's skins. The juxtaposition between big coat, and small girl with big sword is pretty funny to me.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    so uncle sven straight up sucks right?

like especially for healing

super long cooldown on a small AOE skillshot heal that 90% of the time probably doesn't land on your team mate and if it does they just move out of the pool since it's a heal over time

not to mention lac of an arc indicator for aiming makes hitting anything not right in front of or below you super hard in the first place

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Does he? I've had some suuuuuuuper annoying Svens played against me, just bouncing all over the place, impossible to catch while they CC our team and toss flasks all over the place.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i played him for about 4 or 5 matches the other night and i just felt like i wasn't really contributing anything, yeah he can bounce around, but i landing a good heal felt impossible because everyone is constantly moving around,

like he reminds me of the ol' LoL adage about shen, Just ignore him

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Sven's disruption is pretty solid, and his focus is super powerful. He does like no damage.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    At beginner tier, no one respects sven, but if you climb higher, he's very respected.
    Go the cleanse route with him, cleanse removes everything. Burn, freeze, poison, bleed, cracked armor, curse, all the debuffs. It shuts down a lot of the more powerful builds of a lot of characters and forces them to more regular damage builds. Hence the skill shot heaviness of him

Also, people recognize his health pools the more they play. The trick would be to follow a teammate that disengaged from a fight and moved behind cover and then toss the heal pool out fof them.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Man, so bummed they broke the link between the youtube channel I use for uploading xbox videos... actually made some Gigantic vids. :\

Also went 18-23-2 with Xeno yesterday, among other evil xeno runs. Don't give up on teh Xeno.

edit: fixed it!

have to redo

Suffice to say, I stopped playing for the night after that.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    yea, I've started digging for xeno videos and if built and played properly, she is a beast.
    also, made some gigantic friends over the weekend and one is pretty good as xeno.

my stance has moved to ''if you are a rando, please don't pick xenobia. I don't know what your skill level is. :P "

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    This explains my lack of success with her. I read her abilities and thought 'she sounds low skill ceiling with decent impact', how wrong was I.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    yea, I've started digging for xeno videos and if built and played properly, she is a beast.
    also, made some gigantic friends over the weekend and one is pretty good as xeno.

my stance has moved to ''if you are a rando, please don't pick xenobia. I don't know what your skill level is. :P "

In general I think the fact that characters are all pretty in depth and are made or failed based on builds and knowing how those interact is actually a pretty big problem for the game.

That and the often counter intuitive game mode combined with a lack of really solid guides makes learning the game a huge issue.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    the real point of uncle sven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK-tVTsSKpw

• Options

In general I think the fact that characters are all pretty in depth and are made or failed based on builds and knowing how those interact is actually a pretty big problem for the game.

That and the often counter intuitive game mode combined with a lack of really solid guides makes learning the game a huge issue.

Yea, a lot of the guides i see are from more than a month ago and there has been some updating of them since then.

One strong point with this game is that there are no bad heroes, just bad comps.

Case and point, i had an enemy team pick all ranged heroes and even though we were below their mmr, we wiped them because they had no front liners or assassins to disrupt our charging into them or coming up behind them and smashing them.

Each hero is really good in their own way, but you need a team that you complement. And that is a pretty great achievement on motiga's part

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    I wish they made buffs more obvious and debuff durations/buff duration listed on the hud somewhere.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Also on that note what build are people doing for Xenobia?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    There's a new map coming! Preview screenshots are here: http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/gamescom-2017-gigantic-teases-new-map/

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Oh boy... understatement of the article:
    ...According to a Perfect World Entertainment representative, the community has been requesting a new map for quite some time...

Hopefully they release it sooner rather than later. :P

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    I like Xeno's new skins.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Love when I play a game, win a game, stop playing for an hour or so and run into at least one person from the prior game I played against... again.

edit: I beat him... again. but still...

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I said it before, I'll say it again. I am very impressed with Motiga. Every character is viable, and they most all play differently.

I'm pretty good with Aisling, Knossos, and Margrave in the front liners, but I can't play Zandora or the assassins. I'm good with HK and Mozu, but I'm shit with Voden and Imani.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    I really should pick up Margrave. I really like playing disrupters in this game.

• Options
    Margrave is a beast, and he can take hits, but he is not invincible.

He's very good in the beginning of the match, but the longer it goes, he levels off a lot as the enemy picks up crack armor, and all the armor ignoring dots.

His size is something I am starting to utilize more because body blocking is a THING in this game. Put yourself between shooters and teammates running away. Put yourself in a chokepoint like the doors near C on ghost reef, the stairs and cubbys in sanctum and the clash lookout on siren and prevent enemies from escaping being killed.

In the final clash when everyone is high level, you want to only fight one or two people.
    Its hard to judge whether its a good idea or not to jump into 5 enemies, take the initial hits and Q run (with debuff cleanse) the fuck out. If you have a team that will move in and start shooting as soon as or before you jump in, sure do it, otherwise, youll need to wait for the fight to start before you go in.

Margrave gets people hating him if you are good. But its very hard to be better than just trading kills. That doesnt help your team, and an inopportune trade will lose the match.

It is unfortunate there are not a lot of youtubers or twitch players streaming this game. You can definitely write a lot of theory and practical tips on all the heroes.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Margrave is a beast, and he can take hits, but he is not invincible.

He's very good in the beginning of the match, but the longer it goes, he levels off a lot as the enemy picks up crack armor, and all the armor ignoring dots.

His size is something I am starting to utilize more because body blocking is a THING in this game. Put yourself between shooters and teammates running away. Put yourself in a chokepoint like the doors near C on ghost reef, the stairs and cubbys in sanctum and the clash lookout on siren and prevent enemies from escaping being killed.

In the final clash when everyone is high level, you want to only fight one or two people.
    Its hard to judge whether its a good idea or not to jump into 5 enemies, take the initial hits and Q run (with debuff cleanse) the fuck out. If you have a team that will move in and start shooting as soon as or before you jump in, sure do it, otherwise, youll need to wait for the fight to start before you go in.

Margrave gets people hating him if you are good. But its very hard to be better than just trading kills. That doesnt help your team, and an inopportune trade will lose the match.

It is unfortunate there are not a lot of youtubers or twitch players streaming this game. You can definitely write a lot of theory and practical tips on all the heroes.

The answer to this is always YES.

• Options
    I mean, rhetorically, the answer is always yes. But not something i do unless i got competant teammates.

I guess i could subscribe to the ork way of war. We neva lose. If we win, we win, if we die that dont count, if we runs away it means we can hava nuvva go at it, see?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    IDK... I'm 16-6 on Margrave so between teams and performance I must be doing something right. I couldn't provide a coherent strategy for you as all I do is skulk around and dive randomly and repeatedly.

The only consistent variant on my build is hurty Bad Hand or reflecty Bad Hand.

• Options
    I ususally wait until level 3 or 4 to upgrade margraves LMB. Depends if im fighting casters or melee mostly. But the right side upgrade is pretty good if you are fighting tyto or knossus, and xandora too.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Reflecty Bad Hand + HK S.W.A.R.M = hilarious helpless suicide.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My Margave starts with Chopper > Leap Before You Look > Doom Strike > Demon's Reach.

To be the biggest pain in the ass in team fights.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I definitely go for Chopper> Leap first any time I play him. I tried the stun branch but doesn't seem like people capitalize on it.

Doom Strike/Demon's Reach is a toss up, as I've had games vs a bunch of melee where counter has proven useful, especially with resounding counter.

Do you dodge to get the hit sooner, Elki?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I definitely go for Chopper> Leap first any time I play him. I tried the stun branch but doesn't seem like people capitalize on it.

Doom Strike/Demon's Reach is a toss up, as I've had games vs a bunch of melee where counter has proven useful, especially with resounding counter.

Do you dodge to get the hit sooner, Elki?

I was trying it in practice last week, but never used it in a game. I want to at some point. I'll probably use it when I pick up some purple margave cards to work on.

smCQ5WE.jpg