As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Peep Show this Sunday feat. Night of Champions

THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny.Real shiny.Registered User regular
edited September 2014 in Social Entropy++
Dean Ambrose loves titties and wrestling. (in that order)

tumblr_motj9r3hIm1sorcr7o1_500.jpg

Is CM Punk coming back?

ljgqlf.jpg

Who is champ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I59MgGlh2Mg

This guy is champ.

htLsHfP.png

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
THEPAIN73 on

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who can't stand that woman? Why so controlling? And who would miss a spit swapping make-out match?

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Just a reminder that Dean Ambrose did this for a living before signing with WWE

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VtjYJaoKf2U

Dig that topical finish! And the terrible homophobia in the crowd!

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    And don't forget the rules!

pawrestlerules_zps0f53f26c.jpg

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i didn't even realize we were due for a new thread

last thread really flew by

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Another thing about the Shield doc was finding out how close we came to never seeing Seth in WWE.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Can you watch it on the Network anytime or was it live stream only?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Can you watch it on the Network anytime or was it live stream only?

They archive everything. Just do a search through the WWE Originals section, or the vault. It'll be somewhere.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    fg3zebxwrpx2.jpg
    Holy crap guys...

was there an update to the WWE Supercard or something?

I'm going to verify i kept my cards, and if not ill post the pic from my phone but...

I just got 4 picks after a match without paying for extra picks.

Edit: there it is. And I did keep the cards.

I wasnt paying attention so i dont know how it happened exactly, i was just grinding matches for cards to feed to my Pro Alberto Del Rio

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I had 4 picks due to an earlier network error where I disconnected before I took my 2, did that happen?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    ah maybe yea. I hadnt made the picks and i got sidetracked with work.

After waking up my phone i had lost the screen so... thats cool

Yea, that makes sense. Thanks @The Betman

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Dean Ambrose is also responsible for my favorite all-time quote about wrestling:
    "People forget like, wrestling’s supposed to be fun. Y’know like, it’s fucking fun. People take everything so seriously and will have conversations with what’s right. I’ve been in the car with people and they’ll be having this big long conversation about what’s wrong with the business today and blah blah blah. Bitching about money and politics and blah blah blah, and I’m just like dude wrestling’s supposed to be fun. Like if you really think about it its fucking stupid. We’re running around in our underwear making ugly faces, but it’s entertainment. It’s fucking stupid. Like, really. Let’s have a big long conversation ab out what’s wrong with the business. Wrestling is fucking stupid. But it’s like, fun, so I love it. I mean stop taking yourselves so seriously."

• Options
    So apparently the game (WWE SuperCard) is going down for maintenance tonight

d9fdt5yffoy2.jpg

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I can't find the exact quote, but Dean once did a show for Chikara and he looked up nothing about it before hand thinking it was just a normal wrestling federation. He gets there and Dragon Dragon is wrestling and he's against Hydra and he's just like "Okay, I guess this is how it's going to go."

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I can't find the exact quote, but Dean once did a show for Chikara and he looked up nothing about it before hand thinking it was just a normal wrestling federation. He gets there and Dragon Dragon is wrestling and he's against Hydra and he's just like "Okay, I guess this is how it's going to go."

I love that quote!
    "I didn't even know what Chikara was... So I show up at the show, and I'm expecting a normal wrestling show... there's like a f#%ing dude in a dinosaur outfit walking around, and there was a stipulaton that someone would be sent back in time... Not that I disliked it or anything, I was just like, what the hell is going on."

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    How... how would they even enact that stipulation?!

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Won my KotR. Ended up with two SR Sheamus and a Rare John Cena taunt.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Sometimes you win the random PPV lottery, sometimes you lose.

Great American Bash 2005. Starts with MNM coming out and that could be good. I liked MNM. Then "Oooooh, what a rush!" and out comes... Animal and Heidenreich.

Alright then.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

Time portal.

• Options
    Sweet, 2 Rare John Cena. That'll replace my The Miz that I've been using for all 450+ matches I've gone thru.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I scored 2 Super Rare Cesaros in a KOTR. Totally making a pro.

Speaking of, should I level up both of them before combining, or is one of them fine? In the past, I've only bothered to level up one, but SRs are hard to come by for me right now, so I want to make sure I do this right.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

IIRC, that was the Lance Steele vs. Lance Steele match. To explain, Lance Steele was a knight who got time-warped to the present, and decided to go to the Wrestle Factory and train to be a wrestler because, why not? Eventually, another Lance Steele showed up, who came from a week before the first Lance Steele. The two tag-teamed together for a while, then ended up splitting and had a brief feud, which culminated in the "younger"/newer Lance Steele being sent back to medieval times where he came from, so he could come back and become the original Lance Steele in a week.

tl;dr: It's Chikara.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    weird to watch this shield documentary and see them filming in places I was like, three days ago

• Options
    edited August 2014

Speaking of, should I level up both of them before combining, or is one of them fine? In the past, I've only bothered to level up one, but SRs are hard to come by for me right now, so I want to make sure I do this right.

My opinion, If its a card you plan on building around I would say yes. Otherwise, I'd say combine it to open up the card in catalog and then possibly feed it to another SR to train (or train it up some and feed, I'm still not sure on exact exp gains at this point).

Jakarrd on

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »

If its a card you plan on building around I would say yes. Otherwise, I'd say combine it to open up the card in catalog and then possibly feed it to another SR to train (or train it up some and feed, I'm still not sure on exact exp gains at this point).

My only SRs right now are the two Cesaros and a Briefcase.

Yes, I'm building around Cesaro.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    There was speculation the last year of Chikara before the shutdown was some sort of alternate time line do to what the fuck ever. I'm guessing that has since been debunked?

• Options
    Oh yeah it had to do with Marchie Archie getting literally backfisted to the future by Eddie Kingston.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    There was speculation the last year of Chikara before the shutdown was some sort of alternate time line do to what the fuck ever. I'm guessing that has since been debunked?

No, it's in our timeline, but our timeline apparently got dicked around a bit due to Archibald Peck going back in time after getting hit with Eddie Kingston's Backfist to the Future.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ok, so that OP mistake is on me. I got the next one.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

you blew your cash-in shot, too late

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »

Wasn't even my true form.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options

i don't believe you

there's no way you can get any dumber

• Options

i don't believe you

there's no way you can get any dumber

BEHOLD!

10115488.jpg

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    save it for the podcast, you two

• Options
    what podcast

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Nirya, stop posting pictures of me without my permission.

• Options
    It's a Work!: The Next Generation

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    It'll just be wirehead talking to himself for an hour.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

No, it's in our timeline, but our timeline apparently got dicked around a bit due to Archibald Peck going back in time after getting hit with Eddie Kingston's Backfist to the Future.

I thought there was going to be an evil Archie which would have been fun.

• Options
    Ugh I need to stop getting Chikara shows every month, I'm not made of money.

This discussion has been closed.