As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

and now, without further ado, your khans of tarkir! [MtG]

Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelodorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
edited August 2014 in Social Entropy++
k0t6gw.png

Magic the Gathering is a card game of wizardly arguments. A new expansion is coming out in September, called Khans of Tarkir! What a time to be alive. Wowee. Let's meet the khans.

kb4w7b.jpg

Temur's khan is known for his prized pectorals. His clan utilizes red, blue, and green mana, commonly abbreviated as "RUG" due to their khan's propensity for punching bears and then turning them into rugs.

99nk3o.jpg

Jeskai's Con is known for her patriotism and flags. She sews them with the help of birds, and also monks.

5lyxx4.jpg

Abzan's Con is a walker herself, and hails from the plane of Texas. Her clan values teamwork and friendship. Clear eyes, full hearts, lose 2 life to thoughtseize, as they say in the Abzan confederate.

35lzzap.jpg

Sultai fun fact: it also has a khan. Here is their khan, leering over a child it has bartered for. Although this baby will march for the sultai well past its expiration date, securing a clan member at the point in their life furthest from death ensures maximum value.

2h5qubm.jpg

Mardu's con lives free in the wind--the wind being the air of true khans--with his hair free, in the wind, without walls, wherein the wind can confer strength to both he and his helm-less hair; strong in this situation vis-a-vis those who choose to live wall-adjacent on the plane of tarkir. Though do not all who reside on tarkir implicitly live within the walls of their plane? Mardu is the clan of loquacious philosophers and long-distance runners.

and there we have it! the Khans....... of Tarkir!!! *all khans present clasp hands and bow simultaneously*

god this op is stupid

f2ojmwh3geue.png
Theodore Floosevelt on

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    by 'stupid' you mean 'perfect', yes?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Reminder: Wizards of the Coast Party is Saturday night, Magic the Gathering panel is 1:30 PST on Sunday

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    by 'stupid' you mean 'perfect', yes?

i never made a real op before, betman!! i was noivous

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    i've never made a good op myself, just one genius thread title one time

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i've never made a good op myself, just one genius thread title one time

hell of a thread title, though. just a hell of a thread title.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Anyway lets talk about how Temur is very obviously the best clan

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Anyway lets talk about how Temur is very obviously the best clan

I think Sultai is my favorite, flavorwise. I thought I would go Jeskai, but the more I think about it I like the Sultai.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    woo new mtg thread

RIP SOTAR('s wallet)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Do they have the detailed descriptions of the different clans yet? Or are we still working on the info that came down from Comiccon?

• Options
    I am most excited for mardu's existence, because I kind of weirdly loathe the term "dega" for BWR decks

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    What if you say it like Deeeeeee gaaaaaaaaa

like the sega bootup noise

• Options
    fuuuuuuuuck yeah i like it now

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    JESKAI 4 LYFE

• Options
    while i love jund's specific colors, once you start working with wedges or shards i can find something to love in about every combination

it's gonna be hard to pledge my allegiance

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Bant for life.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Bant for life.

rude

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I will always serve the majestic fury of Naya.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    rabble mardu inc

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I will always serve the majestic fury of Naya.

second best pick behind temur

• Options
    rabble mardu inc

rip rakdos cackler gone but not 4gotten

• Options
    at least you still have firedrinker satyr

lmao just kidding that card aint great

• Options

it is

not very good at all

and people still like it for some reason

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    well it does swing for 2 on turn 2.

that's most of what red cares about

admanb on
  • Options
    i like firedrinker

but then i pathologically champion cards that deal damage to their controllers

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    admanb wrote: »

but like, it's very risky(even for red aggro) and it's so vulnerable and kinda shitty

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    firedrinker is a very good card in very, very specific matchups

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    has there ever been a card that like pumps your creatures until end of turn for damage dealt to you

i feel like there has to have been something in that ballpark somewhere along the line

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I'm team Abzan

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    has there ever been a card that like pumps your creatures until end of turn for damage dealt to you

i feel like there has to have been something in that ballpark somewhere along the line

Molten steel dragon and immolating soul eater could pump themselves for Phyrexian Mana, one of my first decks involved combining one of those with Assault Strobe/Fling.

It wasn't a very good deck.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

but like, it's very risky(even for red aggro) and it's so vulnerable and kinda shitty

it's going to have been in a standard with Mizzium Mortars, Searing Blood, and now Stoke the Flames all at the same time

I think its too risky to play at all junctions here

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »

Molten steel dragon and immolating soul eater could pump themselves for Phyrexian Mana, one of my first decks involved combining one of those with Assault Strobe/Fling.

baby any deck with fling is a good deck

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I want to make a wedge EDH but I have no idea which one to pick!

I'm probably going to go Jeskai because I am a diehard UW fan

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »

baby any deck with fling is a good deck

t1 Lotus petal, mountain, Phyrexian Dreadnaught, Stifle
    t2, any land, swing 12, fling 12

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    fuuuuuuuuck yeah i like it now
    Too late, gone forever.
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it is

not very good at all

and people still like it for some reason
    I like it! Specifically the part where I hit it with Mizzium Mortars.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    woo new mtg thread

RIP SOTAR('s wallet)

No It's... It's cool. I just need to get a play set of Dark Confidants, Liliana of the Veils, Verdant Catacombs and Fulminator Mages.

:cry:

• Options
    en_y11uj54lgh.png

Posting this in both threads, but here's the art for Zurgo in Khans

• Options
    i do believe i like this a bit better

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Anyone else having issues with the SCG Invitational stream? It keeps cutting out every few minutes.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    They're having issues with venue internet, obviously I should have just gone down there to watch the games.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    They're having issues with venue internet, obviously I should have just gone down there to watch the games.

Ok so not my end.

This discussion has been closed.