As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want to do is [Dream] Thread

Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond HubbardMordor XenuRegistered User regular
So, my dad's family hosted a sixteen year-old Korean dude last year, right? The Korean kid come back this year and he had such a great time that he convinced his sister to be hosted at the family next door. Within just a couple weeks, the sister has already gushed to her family about how awesome both families are and lo and behold, we've all been invited to a badass Labor Day vacation in Motherfucking Seoul, Korea! Shit's amazing, there's a super-amazing-rich-tastic uncle who paid for all the flights, hotels and transportation. All we had to do was take a ferry outside of Seoul to his bitchin' personal island!

So, we all get to the ferry and luckily it takes Visa, so all I have to do is snag a ticket and ... oh, shit, I don't speak Korean and this automated ticket dispenser doesn't have an English option.

Shit.

Okay, just punch the same buttons everyone else did, they just followed the directions on the little piece of paper ... wait, what the fuck? Where's my paper? Why didn't I get instructions? Shiiiiiiiiiit. Okay, think, it was *that* button and then *this* button and .... fuck, wrong order. Okay, let's ask this guy behind the ... salad bar? Why is there a salad bar at a ferry landing? Hey, guy, do you speak English at all? Great! What buttons do I push? What? MY FAMILY LEFT FOR DADDY-WARBUCKS ISLAND WITHOUT ME?!?

WHAT THE FUCK, DAD?!?

And then I woke up one minute before my alarm to get up and go to work, frustrated that I had missed a magical Korean vacation in Slumberland.

What the fuck did I eat to prompt that dream?

Dreams are amazing, yo.

They can elicit some powerful emotions, scare the ever living shit out of us, unlock beautiful memories and just plain make us ask, 'Da fuq?'

Dreams can be amazingly surreal and break the laws of physics every other second or they can be hyper-realistic and make us feel like we're wide awake and everything is actually happening.

Dreams can reveal our hearts' desire or they can be a random string of concepts and ideas, just our subconscious minds dumping out all the useless information of the day and categorizing the rest.

Dreams can be full of portent and meaning about our future and our past or they can be the mad ravings of a pepperoni pizza with magic mushroom slices.

Tell me your dreams, SE++.

p.s.

As much as possible, this should be a judgement-free thread; if your dreams are about slathering chunky peanut butter onto a porterhouse steak, feel free to expound about your mad cravings for beef and peanuts, just don't let it get too lascivious. As has been mentioned before, this is a 13+ forum, so if you have a hot-and-heavy dreamtime recollection that you absolutely must share, keep the graphic nature to a minimum and respect the young folks. Finally, if you have some mad-scary nightmare that refuses to let you sleep properly and you found the perfect creepy picture to showcase exactly what it was, it's just like this, you guys, look at how fucked up this thing is ....

... show some fucking decorum and put that shit in a NSFW spoiler or whatnot, we don't need anybody losing their jobs, not in this economy.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I have lots of dreams about being back in school. Often failing or in super remedial times. A few weeks ago I had a dream that I was back in high school, and this time, the dream was about me actually finally graduating. Which I feel is a pretty big and important shift down in my brain meat, that I'm kind of happy about.

Other assorted and random dreams from dream notes, from when I would keep my iPad next to my bed and write stuff down immediately upon waking:
    "Maybe time travel. Fighting with dad, kept saying fuck you, he got really mad. "dont ever say fuck you when you're holding a bird""

"Cat exorcism, green goblin glider that used to have different symbols on it. Nano swarm. Flickering light make someone remember. Glee casts fight. Pregnant"

"Aliens took over planet. Had. To sleep in beds that cooked you and dumped you into a food tele porter, then you were cloned. Also chairs that cooked you. Fought back, escaped. Made escape preparations by pretending we really wanted to see a musical "

"Matt smith and captain jack guy at an event and were homoeroticising on front of me, I knew them both"

"At college? People protesting by fire "save the butts", tried to get them down, set fire underneath them with friend to get them down. Later grabbed barbed wire. Then later dream, graduation or something. Volcano went off, lava, tried to save people. Protomen dream"

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Also my dreams are pretty vivid, so when I have a big ole long and detailed dream about being super happy with an awesome lady and wake up alone I get very sad

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    last night I dreamed I was marrying my high school crush and then I woke up alone

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i dream of genie

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I have "the work dream" at least a couple nights a week. It's the one where you're at your job--frequently, everything is going wrong and you can never keep up and it's not quite a nightmare but it's just an entire sleep cycle of frustration and irritation.

Then, sometimes, it's just a dream where you're at your job, doing your job like normal. Then you wake up and you have to actually go to work, and you're like, "Ugh. Even in my sleep I don't get any time off."

Captain K on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have a lot of nightmares.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i dream of genie

i wonder what dreams may come of this

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I dreamed about making a swiss roll last night.

I also dreamed about being a rubbish detective who didn't stop a small child being murdered.

Well done me.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I've told this story to the internet before, well it's not so much a story as a dream fragment, but in one dream I had there was this highly advanced/magical postal service that could instantly teleport any piece of mail to the vicinity of any person

The downside is the recipient had no way of knowing about a delivery, so you had to be very alert when going about your daily business in case you needed to catch a package that popped out of thin air in front of you

I seem to recall also the system either malfunctioning or being abused and people having large boxes/mailing tubes fall on their heads and such

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I once dreamt the plot to a very complicated metaphysical sci-fi story. I'm still thinking about turning it into a graphic novel one day.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    a while back I got this book

317A0EHQ67L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

it's a pretty dope book

lots of stuff about how dream books were sold as a sort of low-class entertainment during the victorian age, and how before that dreams were interpreted in tsarist russia and medieval europe

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    I dream the American dream every waking moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joMrnxpuC0o

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    I had a dream the other night that my ladyfriend and I were helping Vin Diesel move out of his crappy duplex.

But Vin Diesel was: 1.) very bad at packing and needed a lot of handholding (he kept messing up the packing tape dispenser and dropping things behind other stuff), 2.) Very interested in trying to sleep with my girlfriend (to the point that I kept having to say "Vin Diesel, stop trying to have sex with my girlfriend, you have to finish packing," and 3.) spending a lot of time worrying about how clean his garage was for the next tenant.

He was wearing the Riddick goggles the whole time and the entire duplex was bathed in this weird Scooby-Doo-esque dark blue tint.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I hardly ever remember my dreams.

When I do, I'm usually dreaming about work.

So, I dream about work, then my alarm goes off and I go to work. It's the worst.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    My most memorable dream was one where I was in a mansion

it was built on top of a cliff not unlike wayne manor, and there was some sort of dinner party going on

and suddenly the guests began to disappear and be murdered

i discovered that the house was full of zombies and I dove off the edge of the cliff into the suburbian outskirts below.

the rest of the dream was me searching homes and killing the shit out of zombies with my partner

this guy
    frosted-flakes-tony-tiger-del0311-lg.jpg

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    My dreams though - like my ambitions?

Publish some novels/be a novelist
    maybe write some other stuff - games, comics, scripts, whatever
    be an awesome person

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So, my dad's family hosted a sixteen year-old Korean dude last year, right? The Korean kid come back this year and he had such a great time that he convinced his sister to be hosted at the family next door. Within just a couple weeks, the sister has already gushed to her family about how awesome both families are and lo and behold, we've all been invited to a badass Labor Day vacation in Motherfucking Seoul, Korea! Shit's amazing, there's a super-amazing-rich-tastic uncle who paid for all the flights, hotels and transportation. All we had to do was take a ferry outside of Seoul to his bitchin' personal island!

So, we all get to the ferry and luckily it takes Visa, so all I have to do is snag a ticket and ... oh, shit, I don't speak Korean and this automated ticket dispenser doesn't have an English option.

Shit.

Okay, just punch the same buttons everyone else did, they just followed the directions on the little piece of paper ... wait, what the fuck? Where's my paper? Why didn't I get instructions? Shiiiiiiiiiit. Okay, think, it was *that* button and then *this* button and .... fuck, wrong order. Okay, let's ask this guy behind the ... salad bar? Why is there a salad bar at a ferry landing? Hey, guy, do you speak English at all? Great! What buttons do I push? What? MY FAMILY LEFT FOR DADDY-WARBUCKS ISLAND WITHOUT ME?!?

WHAT THE FUCK, DAD?!?

And then I woke up one minute before my alarm to get up and go to work, frustrated that I had missed a magical Korean vacation in Slumberland.

What the fuck did I eat to prompt that dream?

Aww, man, we just all thought you changed your mind and didn't want to go...

sA15atZl.jpg

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    @Lost Salient

If/when we ever get the chance to do a meet and greet with said Korean siblings, you absolutely *must* translate that story for me. I think they'll get a big kick out of it.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I had a dream where I needed a poo real bad and I woke up and sat on the toilet and I didn't really need to poo that bad.

Dreams are strange like that.

• Options
    This is my job.

• Options
    TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    Yesterday's dream was about a was split between being on holiday in a little boat in some quite nice marshland and something about falling off a sandstone cliff. Not sure how the two link together, but then I don't think I have ever had a dream (that I manage to remember) make sense in a way that is internally consistent. Jealous of the people who do!

uGn5f.png
  • Options
    I think if you meet someone in life who will sit and patiently listen to the incredibly detailed dream you had the previous night you should hold onto that person, because other people's dreams are incredibly boring.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    My cat was loafing on the kitchen bench and it was important that I got her down. I pulled her as hard as I could but she didn't budge, she just looked around angrily.

Then I woke up and I was pulling on the side of my mattress.

broken image link
  • Options
    I've had quite a few awful nightmares too.

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    I rarely dream but they are *always* unpleasant.

And usually about zombies or living in a post-apocalyptic world where zombies set it off.

The last one didn't even involve them directly I just knew they were there and the constant fear. It was the people were the real monsters, way too triggering to post here. I woke up sobbing and couldn't shake the metal replay of it for days.

Why can't I dream about ponies, meadows and cute things? :\

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Last night I dreamt about running into a group of three cosplayers on the shores of some alien lake! What made this weird (apart from the scenery) is that I don't have any interest in cosplay.

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    And they always involve my baby sister. I'm trying to protect her, or realising I've put her in horrific danger or watching her drown. It's always drowning :(

Okay its bedtime I should stfu

• Options
    edited September 2014
    They offered to give me one of their spare costumes and my dreamself was like, "fuck yeah, crossdressing", and then I woke up.

Platy on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I don't dream often but when I do they are usually boring.

Like a week ago I dreamt about cardboard boxes all night.

broken image link
  • Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    I think if you meet someone in life who will sit and patiently listen to the incredibly detailed dream you had the previous night you should hold onto that person, because other people's dreams are incredibly boring.

It's like you don't even read my posts.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I just do not remember any of my dreams or I don't have any. I've tried all the different suggestions they have on trying to remember your dreams and nothing has ever had any impact.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dreams? I never remember my dreams.

• Options
    I've dreamt that i helped my sister cut her own throat with a kitchen knife, because she guilted me into thinking that a sister who really cared would help her carry out important plans.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »

It's like you don't even read my posts.

Your dreams about needing to poop sound great! Tell me more!

(Please don't)

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Some of you may remember this one:
    I woke up to one of the dachsunds in the house in bed with me and then I remembered that I had closed my door, so that's not a dachsund I'm holding, it doesn't have a collar nor doggy ears.

It was an eight-pound nutria (swamp rat).

I'm sitting there with a death grip on this gnashing terror when I come to the realization that I am naked under the covers and this fucking oversized rodent is trying to bite my dick off.

So, in pitch-blackness with both hands occupied, I try to roll out of bed and hit the light switch with my elbow, my legs are tangled in the covers, I'm fumbling with my balance because I have no visual cues as to where I am and I start panicking. Right about that point, the logical portion of my brain says, 'do what I say, when I say, how I say.'

But this fucker is going to bite my dick off!

No, it won't, we can handle this. Are you ready?

This is insane!

Are. You. Ready.

YES, GOD HELP ME!

Good. Now wake up.

And I woke up, soaked with sweat, heart hammering like a jackhammer and generally relieved.

Hmmm, no wonder it was such a vivid sensation, swamp rat in my hands ...

I was strangling my right thigh.

• Options
    Oh man, the sandman who brings you guys your dreams sounds more like the E.T.A.-Hoffmann-type guy

• Options
    Oh man, the sandman who brings you guys your dreams sounds more like the E.T.A.-Hoffmann-type guy

frig. Love that opera.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    This is my job.

My dream is hey tube get me a job at the place where you work

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Also one time I had a dream that I was a giger alien. All running around being phallic and attacking people. It was fun.

• Options
    My other dream is that all my friends will love the novel I'm working on.