As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want to do is [Dream] Thread

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Crocodile has an offical gender swap iirc Maybe when I go back to Mr. L

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I just had a nap and in the nap I had a forum dream.

I dreamt that Darth Waiter posted in the confession thread that whenever he wanted to have a good laugh and/or a good cry, he'd sit down and marathon a season of Gilmore Girls and I tried to awesome the post so many times because I have never felt closer to a human being

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Just woke up from a brief dream where I walked off the porch at my grandfather's house in the hill country and into the living room of my tabletop buddy's house in the middle of Houston. Quentin Tarantino was on the couch and I complimented him on Reservoir Dogs. Somehow he had set up his monster-mega-desktop on the coffee table and I reached over and picked up a wireless flatscreen monitor and started tapping icons like it was an iPad ... which totally worked until Quentin Bitch-About-Everything-Killjoy said, 'Hey! You can't do that!'

To which I responded, 'Yes I can, Quentin! It's a goddamned dream!'

And then I woke up realizing I had broken the fourth wall.

So apparently, I cannot do that.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Yet.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I think my brain combined Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros last night.

Hell, Smash Bros Warriors would probably be a fun game too. Let's just uh, avoid any W-Force/Team Ninja characters for the game.

• Options
    I have concluded that by harnessing the power of the mind as it arises from dream state to partial waking that all possibilities can be viewed objectively and fully, without bias or negative emotions. From this waking window, the mind is powerful and unfettered.

I believe that my dreams were telling me last night how to enact powerful and positive change in the world, but sadly the details are slipping away. All I can tell you is this: the secret to world peace amd prosperity lies within the conversion of Nerf weapons into candy launchers.

I can only hope we can all come together to make it happen.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I have concluded that by harnessing the power of the mind as it arises from dream state to partial waking that all possibilities can be viewed objectively and fully, without bias or negative emotions. From this waking window, the mind is powerful and unfettered.

I believe that my dreams were telling me last night how to enact powerful and positive change in the world, but sadly the details are slipping away. All I can tell you is this: the secret to world peace amd prosperity lies within the conversion of Nerf weapons into candy launchers.

I would rather get hit with a foam dart than high velocity candy

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    The dream is slipping, it was cake launchers.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    The dream unfowolds

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Speaking of Enigma, and because I'm bored waiting to fuel the Ground Handlers' equipment I know there's viking metal and pirate metal and even baby metal, but is there Native American metal?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyfdcoocex8

• Options
    Now I'm remembering the other dream I had where I dropped my cell on a break at work and that somehow led to me being stalked by a pair of serial killers.

I'll try to put all together and post the full dream after work, but keep in mind that the 'happy' ending was me counter-stalking a pair of comically-inept, red neck serial killers.

IIRC, they were named Jojo and Clyde.

• Options
    Also @DaMoonRulz‌
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Speaking of Enigma, and because I'm bored waiting to fuel the Ground Handlers' equipment I know there's viking metal and pirate metal and even baby metal, but is there Native American metal?

You meant to put this in the Halloween thread, didn't you? That's just a guess.

• Options
    Yes, but I'm too lazy to move it at this point

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    had a depressingly realistic dream about an ex

him: "Do you realise it's been nearly a year since we saw each other?"
    Me: "So ... what, that means we're going to have sex and then you'll walk out on me all over again?"
    him: "well ... yeah, probably."
    me: "ok then."

Followed the next night by a very explicit sex romp with a an attractive french woman. My subconscious seems to have decided homosexuality is a better bet.

Or that all bets are off when it comes to the french.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Awesome'd for the latter part of that post.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I was always told that you should never sleep with the French unless you're okay with someone constantly weeing in bed.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I once slept with a lady from Germany, she shit in the bed once...it was pretty shitty

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I was always told that you should never sleep with the French unless you're okay with someone constantly weeing in bed.

Oh my gosh

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    The longer I sleep, the more memorable my dreams become.

I had a dream that I was a young boy whose life's goal was to become the world's greatest archer. After a training montage that spanned from my childhood to early adulthood, I became the best archer ever. I was like a Robin Hood who didn't give a fuck about the poor.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    So, rather than Robin Hood, more like a Koch brother that's good at archery?

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Had a dream last night that I was on a bus and I went into a gas station to get some food but I couldn't decide what I wanted because their selection was super small and unappealing and weird. I think I ended up getting left behind. I don't remember. All I remember is the bizarrely uncomfortable layout of the store.

A night or two ago, I had a dream about something or other. I was in a poor neighborhood that I think I vaguely recognize, and Goku of all people was there protecting me from bullies and I think we teamed up at some point? I don't remember a lot of the specifics.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I had one of those weird dream moments today. it was some sort of scifi dream or something, that's not important. what happened was I had my earplug in cause it was noisy so when my alarm went off it was muffled from the ear plug and pretty faint. so everyone in the dream stopped and looked around going "huh?" then I realized it was my alarm and woke up.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Last night I had a dream that I thought I was going insane but it turns out I was just some sort of prophesied messiah for a bigender goddess.

And then I grew a penis.

It was really a very nice penis, and I spent the entire rest of the dream wanting to jerk it and have sex with myself but kept getting interrupted by people who wanted advice for their religion or whatever. It was pretty frustrating.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I had a dream I was batman last week

that was cool

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    "Can't a demigod get a moment of fucking privacy, here?"

• Options
    Last night I had a dream were I was waking up from a dream and after awhile I scratched my jaw and was all WTF and I got my wife who was awake and she'd had a dream that I cheated on her and she was so mad about it she got scissors and chopped off my beard (so bad it looked like Sidney Crosby facial hair) and I was sooo dream-pissed at her.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Had a dream last night where every time I moved, it created more of me instead of just moving the parts. Like I was one giant long-exposure shot. I could feel everywhere I had been, and could choose to change where I would have gone in those moments. I can't really comprehend how it felt anymore, the sensation faded quickly after waking. But I just remember being so at peace, walking in all ways through a giant empty city.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Goatmon wrote: »

For SERIOUS, man

• Options
    I dosed off on the plane yesterday and dreamt about Brian Cox falling over on a basketball court.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I dosed off on the plane yesterday and dreamt about Brian Cox falling over on a basketball court.

I don't know what your subconscious is trying to say, but I love it.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I had a dream so.. ugh, that I'm not even sure I'm comfortable repeating it.

Let's just say, I'm the worst kind of monster and the layers of depravity and sheer uncaring evil I was capable of inflicting without any feeling of empathy or concience left a really bad taste in my mouth. Really, really disturbing shit, and I was revelling in absolute corrupted power.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Fishman wrote: »
    I had a dream so.. ugh, that I'm not even sure I'm comfortable repeating it.

Let's just say, I'm the worst kind of monster and the layers of depravity and sheer uncaring evil I was capable of inflicting without any feeling of empathy or concience left a really bad taste in my mouth. Really, really disturbing shit, and I was revelling in absolute corrupted power.

Power fantasies/dreams trip me out because they show me what kind of person I could be without ethical restrictions or moral limitations. In light of recent events, I had one last night and it was really fucking bad. If it's any consolation, I've come to think of mine as a way for my subconscious to safely work out some anger issues. God knows I have plenty of anger.

• Options
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »

For SERIOUS, man

Now you know how every 13 year old with 3 little brothers and a bathroom with no lock feels!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    So, rather than Robin Hood, more like a Koch brother that's good at archery?

Yeah basically.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I had a waking dream where I had 14 toes on my left foot. My right foot was totally fine, but I kept having to count the toes on my left foot to make sure, and then I tried counting my toenails, which all stuck up like daggers, and there were dozens of them. And I couldn't figure out why I had so many toenails when i only had 14 toes.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ceres wrote: »

For SERIOUS, man

Now you know how every 13 year old with 3 little brothers and a bathroom with no lock feels!

"Goddammit, just let me finish this, just ONCE, and then I will do whatever you want. JUST ONCE GODDAMMIT"

ceres on
  • Options
    Like seriously it will take 5 minutes and then we can talk about your stupid problem or whatever

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Whoops nightmares

so, last night in order
    - someone burst through the front door of the apartment block just as I went to lock it, and I knew i was going to die
    - I could not stop myself drinking from a carton of orange juice so mouldy it was almost solid
    - I left work really late and it turns out random people come in for picnics in the evening? and a child fell in love with his reflection in my car door
    - and almost sex with a dude who changed persona at least four times during the ... prep phase. Third one was a dude I'd never even seen before. Final one was a spectacularly uninteresting post-grad from my previous job, who went to make a cup of tea and put the tv on right before we got to the boning.
    While he did that I sat there and thought "I need to take a good, hard look at my life. Also maybe I can sneak out a window."