*puts on attendee/pinny pal hat*
I had some thoughts, and thought some of you may have had some as well. To be clear while you may have seen me at the official event, i'm in no way in charge of that event and won't be making the decisions of what a future event might look like.
What I thought went well at official event:
- Sending in groups at a time. It kept people focused, 20-30 minutes seemed more then enough to get the staff pins needed. Any further trading could just as easily be done outside.
- Trading in the line was great, and several people got what they needed there and never needed to go inside at all.
- Setup seemed to flow better then at East, half circle of tables rather then tables sticking out in a hallway sort of setup.
Ideas for next time:
- Devise a snaked line so that as it moves you find new people to trade with near you.
Other Pin trading thoughts:
- I liked the pin trading area near merch, but having better signage for known times would be good
- Having spur of the moment "i have 30 minutes" drop ins was great as well.
- In addition to the official event, perhaps a designated Pinny Pal meetup would be great. Something that is set ahead of time, similar to what the buttoneers do. Not everyone is hooked to twitter during the event.
- Monday, word from management cut down on #e pin trading while on shift. Assuming they allow it in the future I will probably adopt a policy of strict 1to1 trades while on shift. Leaving the more complicated trades to off shift times.
*note* everyone's thoughts are valid. Please don't attack. Please keep on topic. etc etc.
If you have more general PAX feedback please put it Here